Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, hemma said:

One very small grace is that the coaches + Beane’s team have a few extra days to make plans.

Also we don't exactly have a murderers row of WRs to face for the rest of the season. Obviously Tampa Bay sticks out but that's it. In the playoffs who knows. If we have to go against Tennessee and/or KC without Tre on the field it goes without saying that it's going to be a tough battle. Still I don't see us suddenly being the worst defense in the league or anything like that.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Also we don't exactly have a murderers row of WRs to face for the rest of the season. Obviously Tampa Bay sticks out but that's it. In the playoffs who knows. If we have to go against Tennessee and/or KC without Tre on the field it goes without saying that it's going to be a tough battle. Still I don't see us suddenly being the worst defense in the league or anything like that.

Once star and brown come back we’ll be fine. Our secondary might be shaky but that’s about it

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I'm sure we'll still make the playoffs but this should eliminate any hope of a SB win if there was any hope of that left before this. 

Eliminate?

Our defense will still be top 10 in the league.  It is not that drastic.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I've got to be a little critical of Brandon Beane here. He went into the season with little CB depth. This one is going to sting.

Maybe him and the coaching staff liked what they had in Neal, Dane and the other CB's on the roster? Just because fans don't like the names/depth on the roster doesn't mean the players aren't good.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Hyde was a corner in the beginning but god knows they’d never wanna mess with that Safety combination. Hyde and Poyer might end up being the main reason we could MAYBE survive this.

A lot of NFL analysists think safety play is more important than CB play. Great safeties help make up for the mistakes of corners and corners having safeties they trust allows them to play more aggressive and better. I think the team will be fine, White's loss will hurt but I think they will play well around the injury.

Any sort of advance statistics on Dane last night? Pff or anything? I know he was getting burned on that go route early but I don’t remember feeling bad about him afterwards. I really liked him a lot in the Jet game last year. I kind of expected him to stick a little more then he had after that. I think he has a chance to be ok. Certainly not Tre. But I don’t think he will be a target 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

This is not great. Feel bad for Tre, in addition to this year who knows when he will be back to his normal self. 

Unfortunately, time marches on and we have big shoes to fill. Unfortunatly there is no way to replace what White brings in a 1:1 swap. Glanced at the practice squad lists and it's not a great list of replacements. I've broken a few names up into tiers. Next man up is our players in the PS. 

"Next man up" tier:

Nick McCloud

Josh Thomas

"Players with Bills Ties" tier:

Lafayette Pitts-Atlanta

Kevon Seymour-Balt

Nickell Robey-Detroit

"I've Heard of them" tier:

Darqueze Dennard-Colts

Brian Poole-Colts

Joshua Jackson-Chiefs

In addition I've seen someone suggest kicking the tires on EJ Gaines.

Better hope McD and Frazier are as good at scheming a way to make up for the loss.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Maybe him and the coaching staff liked what they had in Neal, Dane and the other CB's on the roster? Just because fans don't like the names/depth on the roster doesn't mean the players aren't good.

Obviously they felt Dane Jackson was ready. We're going to find out. Many fans thought he was ready at the end of last year. 

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

This is not great. Feel bad for Tre, in addition to this year who knows when he will be back to his normal self. 

Unfortunately, time marches on and we have big shoes to fill. Unfortunatly there is no way to replace what White brings in a 1:1 swap. Glanced at the practice squad lists and it's not a great list of replacements. I've broken a few names up into tiers. Next man up is our players in the PS. 

"Next man up" tier:

Nick McCloud

Josh Thomas

"Players with Bills Ties" tier:

Lafayette Pitts-Atlanta

Kevon Seymour-Balt

Nickell Robey-Detroit

"I've Heard of them" tier:

Darqueze Dennard-Colts

Brian Poole-Colts

Joshua Jackson-Chiefs

In addition I've seen someone suggest kicking the tires on EJ Gaines.

Better hope McD and Frazier are as good at scheming a way to make up for the loss.

Quinton Dunbar is the name going around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.