Jim Kelly color commentary Bills/Colts ‘97

DBilz2500

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

As much as I loved Jim as a QB he was awful in his brief stint as a color commentator for NBC back in ‘97. As I am accustomed to doing I like to find an old game against the Bills upcoming opponent and I stumbled upon the big comeback win for the Bills vs the Colts. 

How dare you?! Jim Kelly is a saint and has never done any wrong. 

But, you’re not wrong. There’s a reason he didn’t continue in that gig.

35 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

As much as I loved Jim as a QB he was awful in his brief stint as a color commentator for NBC back in ‘97. As I am accustomed to doing I like to find an old game against the Bills upcoming opponent and I stumbled upon the big comeback win for the Bills vs the Colts. 

I remember he did a season on ESPN’s Sunday Countdown as an in-studio analyst.  Probably around 98 or so?   I thought he was pretty decent

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I remember he did a season on ESPN’s Sunday Countdown as an in-studio analyst.  Probably around 98 or so?   I thought he was pretty decent

Same.  His commentary wasn’t amazing but it certainly wasn’t bad by any means IMO.  As for Harbaugh.. Jim Kelly has more toughness in one toe than Jim does in his entire body.  Case closed.  And I agree with Kelly on Harbaugh being a crybaby.  Anyone who has seen him on the sidelines as a coach would agree.  The guy acts like an adolescent at best.  Couple that with him having a short temper?  What a combo.  

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Same.  His commentary wasn’t amazing but it certainly wasn’t bad by any means IMO.  As for Harbaugh.. Jim Kelly has more toughness in one toe than Jim does in his entire body.  Case closed.  And I agree with Kelly on Harbaugh being a crybaby.  Anyone who has seen him on the sidelines as a coach would agree.  The guy acts like an adolescent at best.  Couple that with him having a short temper?  What a combo.  

When someone needs to "prove" they are tough, they aren't tough.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/19/2021 at 6:20 PM, SWATeam said:

So you’re saying Harbaugh ended up being single-HANDedly responsible for the Colts drafting Manning after that year! :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/19/2021 at 6:27 PM, MiltonWaddams said:

Pretty well illustrated what JK had said. Harbaugh acted like a baby in his reaction.

Of course it was Jim and not John. 

On 11/19/2021 at 6:10 PM, DBilz2500 said:

Are there any clips? 

On 11/19/2021 at 6:13 PM, MiltonWaddams said:

How dare you?! Jim Kelly is a saint and has never done any wrong. 

But, you’re not wrong. There’s a reason he didn’t continue in that gig.

What a strange comment to the topic posted. What, did Jim not give you an autograph or something?

Jim was a player, teammate, an after the game player (if you know what I mean), a future great father and husband, an incredible friend and family member. 

But....never a coach or commentator. Hevwas no Marv. Many greats cannot coach, and Jim had marbles in his mouth as does half of Pennsylvania.

I was so proud to be in Canton for his HOF day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.