Jump to content

Not sure if already posted but...NY Post front page yesterday - Ed Oliver dumping Mike White - very humorous


Apocalypse Nuts
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Saleh is desperate right now to get a division win. 

 

I wonder if Saleh would have at least one win with the Lions.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/michigan-lawmakers-urge-lions-to-hire-robert-saleh-as-head-coach-in-bipartisan-letter/

 

Rep. Abdullah Hammound (D-Dearborn) took the lead on the letter, with 36 other bipartisan members of the Michigan House of Representatives joining him. Here's a portion of the letter, per The Detroit News.

 

"We are writing today to thank you for your recent decision to make a change at manager and head coach for your franchise," the letter states. "These decisions are often difficult but are necessary to move forward. For many in our state, and across the globe, the Detroit Lions hold a special place in our lives. We look forward to future success through transitioning to a new manager and head coach.

"Speaking of head coach, we have one name in mind - Robert Saleh," the letter continues. "A hometown hero, Robert was raised in the Dearborn community, attended Fordson High School, played his college career at Northern Michigan University, and coached at Michigan State University. Everywhere Robert has been he has achieved success. Most recently, as Defensive Coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers, his defense has improved across numerous categories; turnovers, sacks, and yards allowed per game. He has built and maintained one of the best defenses in the league."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I felt bad for this kid. He's been cut 11 times, bounced around the league and finally gets an opportunity and has a fantastic game. Gets hurt in his second start (after playing pretty well) then comes crashing down to earth the next week. He may never get another shot and that sucks for him

 

Now he's gonna get benched for a washed up Flacco or Sam Darnold 2.0

Yeah, we should have ended any chance they flip White to some foolish team for a decent draft pick, so added bonus...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I felt bad for this kid. He's been cut 11 times, bounced around the league and finally gets an opportunity and has a fantastic game. Gets hurt in his second start (after playing pretty well) then comes crashing down to earth the next week. He may never get another shot and that sucks for him

 

Now he's gonna get benched for a washed up Flacco or Sam Darnold 2.0

They must’ve greased up the hands of the bengals defenders those dudes dropped a bunch of ints…his great game really shouldn’t have even been that good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sitting White in favor of Flacco makes no sense to me. The dude could actually be pretty good. First off, he’s on the Jets, they don’t have much talent and the coaching is suspect to say the least. Secondly, they went against one of the best if not the best defense in the league. This is basically his rookie year and he didn’t get any work in the offseason. 
 

If Josh Allen in just his rookie year had that first game, and then looked as good in his second game before getting injured, then had that terrible game against one of the best defenses, we wouldn’t sit him it would kill his confidence. You don’t look great in every game. All qbs have off nights, more so in your first few games as a pro. Wilson, Fields, and Lawrence all had rough games to start.
 

I’d work with the young guns, see what I have and go from there. Best case, they both show up and you have some trade bait. Worst case you know you may need to start the search over again. You learn nothing starting Flacco other than he might be slightly better than two noobs right now.
 

Either way, it’s very Jetsy and I’m okay with it as they’re only hurting themselves long term, IMO. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Anyone who thinks Jerry was cynical needs to look at NY sports media. Unforgiving 

 

Now over 30 years of fanhood from me, brother, and lived in NoVA for way too many of those years.  I feel ya, bro!

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean he's not wrong really, you learn nothing putting Flacco out there, and it's not like you're going to do anything this year at this point anyway.

 

Going back a few years now, it's almost ridiculous how much I agree with Warcodered on this board.  It's uncanny. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Welp! Life comes at you fast. 

 

 

The Dolphins are going to T-off on that statue. 

4 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

So I got to watch the ad for 30 seconds and then afterward I get the video can not be played. Might be a work computer thing, but that was irritating on both counts. Not blaming you, the worldwide leader sucks some cork.

30 seconds of that stupid ash Serena / Wonder Woman commercial

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Sitting White in favor of Flacco makes no sense to me. The dude could actually be pretty good. First off, he’s on the Jets, they don’t have much talent and the coaching is suspect to say the least. Secondly, they went against one of the best if not the best defense in the league. This is basically his rookie year and he didn’t get any work in the offseason. 
 

If Josh Allen in just his rookie year had that first game, and then looked as good in his second game before getting injured, then had that terrible game against one of the best defenses, we wouldn’t sit him it would kill his confidence. You don’t look great in every game. All qbs have off nights, more so in your first few games as a pro. Wilson, Fields, and Lawrence all had rough games to start.
 

I’d work with the young guns, see what I have and go from there. Best case, they both show up and you have some trade bait. Worst case you know you may need to start the search over again. You learn nothing starting Flacco other than he might be slightly better than two noobs right now.
 

Either way, it’s very Jetsy and I’m okay with it as they’re only hurting themselves long term, IMO. 
 

 

I think they know White is nothing special-similar to the day Matt Barkley lit the Jets up in 2018 and never reproduced that performance since.  So, if Saleh feels he knows that there's nothing to have to contemplate about White's future and is trying to build a winning culture, why waste another game on White when he thinks Flacco gives him the best chance to beat Miami, in what has to be one of the more winnable games on the schedule.  

 

In 2018 what you say about Josh did happen to some extent.  Josh got hurt a few games after lighting it up vs Minnesota.  The difference is that Josh was the equivalent of Zach Wilson, not Mike White, so the next game after Barkley lit up the Jets, Josh returned as the starter.  Wilson will start as soon as the coaches feel he's ready no matter what Flacco does. 

 

Why didn't the Bills try to see what Barkley had for a possible trade?  Because they knew his one great game meant nothing, just like the Jets know that about White, who they see every day at practice.  By the way, when Barkley lit up the Jets in 2018 he was only 2 years older than White is today. 

 

The only QB the Jets are interested in developing is Zach Wilson.  All Mike White is is a 1 hit wonder, no better than Barkley was in 2018 when the only QB the Bills were interested in developing was Josh Allen.    

 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 4:40 PM, Jerry Jabber said:

I was at the game and kind of felt bad for him and the Jets fans. Everytime the Jets started on offense, you could hear a bunch of Jets fans “Come on Mikey!” After the score got out of hand early in the third quarter, Jets fans started leaving in masses.

 

Screw all that. They don't deserve your sympathy. Mike White would've been a cool story on any other team outside the division, but since he's a Jet he deserves no mercy. Trust me neither their fans nor players would give 2 ****s if Allen went down or had a rough game. It's a cold, cold world 🤕

On 11/16/2021 at 4:49 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

I felt bad for this kid. He's been cut 11 times, bounced around the league and finally gets an opportunity and has a fantastic game. Gets hurt in his second start (after playing pretty well) then comes crashing down to earth the next week. He may never get another shot and that sucks for him

 

Now he's gonna get benched for a washed up Flacco or Sam Darnold 2.0

 

On 11/16/2021 at 4:58 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Exactly.  He could say "I felt I should have been drafted higher than I was" or "I've always believed I could play in the NFL if I got the opportunity".

 

Saying "I felt I should have been the first overall pick in 2018" to the team of the 7th overall team in 2018 is just an unnecessary throw-down.

 

 

 

Mike White should've learned from Josh Rosen not to make a dumb & arrogant comment like that. All it does is put a target on your back and huge expectations. Some people need to study the history more.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I think they know White is nothing special-similar to the day Matt Barkley lit the Jets up in 2018 and never reproduced that performance since.  So, if Saleh feels he knows that there's nothing to have to contemplate about White's future and is trying to build a winning culture, why waste another game on White when he thinks Flacco gives him the best chance to beat Miami, in what has to be one of the more winnable games on the schedule.  

 

In 2018 what you say about Josh did happen to some extent.  Josh got hurt a few games after lighting it up vs Minnesota.  The difference is that Josh was the equivalent of Zach Wilson, not Mike White, so the next game after Barkley lit up the Jets, Josh returned as the starter.  Wilson will start as soon as the coaches feel he's ready no matter what Flacco does. 

 

Why didn't the Bills try to see what Barkley had for a possible trade?  Because they knew his one great game meant nothing, just like the Jets know that about White, who they see every day at practice.  By the way, when Barkley lit up the Jets in 2018 he was only 2 years older than White is today. 

 

The only QB the Jets are interested in developing is Zach Wilson.  All Mike White is is a 1 hit wonder, no better than Barkley was in 2018 when the only QB the Bills were interested in developing was Josh Allen.    

 

  

I completely disagree with the Barkley take. He had his chances and had a bunch of starts under his belt. No one was mistaking him for a starter. When he beat the Jets it was a cute story. You can’t say the same for Mike White, he’s only played in 9 quarters of football and looked excellent in 5 of them. The other 4 were against the best D in all of football. I’m not saying there’s a qb controversy vs. him and Wilson. I’m saying given the situation you’re in (with Wilson being hurt) you see exactly what you have in White over playing Flacco. At least White playing answers questions for the future. Could he be a back-up? Trade bait? Flacco starting… why, for what? 
 

If beating the Dolphins is the goal, then Saleh’s as clueless as he’s being painted by the media. 
 

Beating the Dolphins with Joe Flacco does nothing toward building a “winning culture.”

 

You build a winning culture with a very clear plan. You build a winning culture by putting your players in the best situations for them to succeed. He didn’t even have a veteran qb on the team up until a few weeks ago. This qb carousel they’re all currently on will do nothing to fix that. In fact, I’d be willing to bet it will only muddy the waters as it appears he’s just grasping at straws at this point. If he hasn’t lost the team, it certainly seems as if it’s only a matter of time until he does. 
 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 10:48 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

 

I wonder if Saleh would have at least one win with the Lions.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/michigan-lawmakers-urge-lions-to-hire-robert-saleh-as-head-coach-in-bipartisan-letter/

 

Rep. Abdullah Hammound (D-Dearborn) took the lead on the letter, with 36 other bipartisan members of the Michigan House of Representatives joining him. Here's a portion of the letter, per The Detroit News.

 

"We are writing today to thank you for your recent decision to make a change at manager and head coach for your franchise," the letter states. "These decisions are often difficult but are necessary to move forward. For many in our state, and across the globe, the Detroit Lions hold a special place in our lives. We look forward to future success through transitioning to a new manager and head coach.

"Speaking of head coach, we have one name in mind - Robert Saleh," the letter continues. "A hometown hero, Robert was raised in the Dearborn community, attended Fordson High School, played his college career at Northern Michigan University, and coached at Michigan State University. Everywhere Robert has been he has achieved success. Most recently, as Defensive Coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers, his defense has improved across numerous categories; turnovers, sacks, and yards allowed per game. He has built and maintained one of the best defenses in the league."

Reported.  Politics. 😁

Must have no business to conduct in the Michigan legislature. 🤔

As for Yolo's post of a few hours ago, 😳

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...