What do you think about the Pats ?

Italian Bills

Just now, Dopey said:

Haven't you heard from our "experts" here at TBD? Klein is sooooo much better. Edmunds won't see the field unless Klein goes down. 

Honestly, I would actually like to see more games with Klein at MLB.  He made more eye popping plays in this game than I’ve seen Edmunds make in a while.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Correct. I don’t think about them.  Max Jones hasn’t played us and we straight up owned them last year.  We have the better team and they are playing an equally easy schedule.  Mac Jones can’t run and our defense is better.  

So yes, I don’t think about them 

Gotcha. Thanks for your thought. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Haven't you heard from our "experts" here at TBD? Klein is sooooo much better. Edmunds won't see the field unless Klein goes down. 

I couldn’t agree more about Klein. The guy is far more aggressive than Edmunds and more skilled IMO. Can’t understand why his playing time is so limited. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, I would actually like to see more games with Klein at MLB.  He made more eye popping plays in this game than I’ve seen Edmunds make in a while.  

Be careful what you ask for. I trust our staff on this one.

They are excellently coached and they are good in the trenches. When you have that combination you only need competent QB play to be a playoff team and Jones is competent. Where his eventual ceiling is remains to be seen, but on a team without a single elite weapon he is moving the football. I had us splitting with them before the season. I still think that.

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think they are a huge threat yet. 
The defense is rounding into proper form for them. 
They are doing a great job protecting Mac and not asking him to do too much. They are having some success running the ball regardless of which of the 4 backs they use. Similar to us they’ve had a pretty cupcake schedule and their defense has made bad teams pay. They are not the pushover many thought they’d be. 

Cupcake schedule? We faced Tampa,NO, Chargers, Dallas, and Browns.  I dare say a much harder schedule than the Bills have faced so far.  Even after facing them the Pats D is a top 5 scoring D with only the Bills O left that is truly scary to face.

Now I think the Pats are a year away from competing for the AFCE and the SB. It will be interesting after this stretch for Buffalo where it all pans out.. because now you are facing the meat of your schedule with Indy, NO,NE, and Tampa.

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Overhyped by who though? Media will ballwash whover is winning, they do it to Bills players too.

I'm impressed with where the Pats are already with a rookie QB.

You for one.  You said he has been very effective for the last 4 games.  Then after I showed the stats you said you hadn't watched the games.  I mean that's kind of ball washing isn't it?  When you make a comment to say how someone is doing so well without actually knowing they didn't really do all that well half the time?

All I mean is I think he gets more credit than he deserves for their success.  Is he playing well for a rookie.  Absolutely.  Is he really the reason for their success thus far?  Not really.  They could probably do what they are doing with any QB not named Cam Newton right now.  

We got people saying they are steam rolling teams.  Yeah they had two steam rolls out of 10 games.  I guess I am just tired of the Pats ball washing and the fear people have of them in general.  People did it with Miami the last two or three seasons.  Hell a few thought the Jets were going to blow us out this week.  Its just stupid.

and with that I am done with this topic.  There is no more to say.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They are excellently coached and they are good in the trenches. When you have that combination you only need competent QB play to be a playoff team and Jones is competent. Where his eventual ceiling is remains to be seen, but on a team without a single elite weapon he is moving the football. I had us splitting with them before the season. I still think that.

Mostly this. Jones has been so consistent this year, but I love our chances in a prime time game at home. He's a rookie, and Ralph will be wild...vs our D.... and I like us in that spot. 

May be we see this team 3 times.

16 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Pats are playing as well as any team in football. Unfortunately for them, they're in our division. They can't defend us as well as we can shut them down. They may make the playoffs though. 

Yep. I hate to say it, but it's looking like one down year is all the Pats will have. That doesn't mean they should beat us - we have the talent edge for sure - but it does mean my Bills/Pats role reversal dreams will probably not come true.

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Correct. I don’t think about them.  Max Jones hasn’t played us and we straight up owned them last year.  We have the better team and they are playing an equally easy schedule.  Mac Jones can’t run and our defense is better.  

So yes, I don’t think about them 

I agree I think your D is a bit better.  You owned the Pats last year?? You were a Newton fumble away from splitting… the second game you totally dominated yes!  

Again we have faced tougher teams so far with NO,TB, Dallas, Cleveland, and Chargers.. The Bills hit their tough stretch starting next week.

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok… we are still in front but the Cheaters keep on winning week by week.. four in a row now. We have the first offense and the first defense, New England is third in both categories. 
It seem that they are building their confidence game after game… i just want to know if you are worried about them, if you consider them a real threat to win the AFCE and maybe the AFC also. 

The next four games worry me.  The Bills need to show that they can beat quality teams consistently. 

The league has learned how to slow down our offense.  We struggle with cover 2 defenses.

It seems the Pat's remaining schedule is a bit easier than ours.

I am sure BB will employ this strategy against us with heavy blitz packages. 

I believe we will need to sweep the Pat's to win the division.  I am not currently convinced we can do that with Dabble running our offense.

Just now, Gene1973 said:

I didn't say that, lol. I said I have not watched all their games. I watch redzone, so thats what I see of other teams. He's made a lot of throws that are impressive IMO. He is effective.

Well I mean the redzone is pretty much highlight football so maybe that's the problem hah

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

I respect them but cant say Im "worried" about them.. this year...

However.. next year might be a different story.. Jones looks better than advertised...

I can honestly say I am plenty concerned.  Their D is solid, run game solid and Jones is living within his skill set and effective. They don't beat themselves like we are prone to. I think whoever wins our head to head wins the division. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd be less concerned if we didn't put up 6 against the Jags. But after that game I could definitely see the Pats holding the Bills out of the end zone and walking away with an ugly win. See how our offense looks in these next couple of games and hopefully we will be clicking still going into the Pats game.

Bills will not be flat going up against the Pats, not at all. Can't wait.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.