Sean McDermott press conference 11-10

YoloinOhio

likely a lot of nonsense coach talk.  

and if i ever hear say "they wanted it more than us," whoever on the team/or staff wanted it "less", should be fired/benched instantly.  You're a pro athlete, no excuse for that.  it's the cliche saying players/coaches use when they have no clue what happened.  

• Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

and if i ever hear say "they wanted it more than us," whoever on the team/or staff wanted it "less", should be fired/benched instantly.  You're a pro athlete, no excuse for that.  it's the cliche saying players/coaches use when they have no clue what happened.  

Doesn't sound like he was pulling too many punches. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Depressing press conference.  McDermott sounds beat up.

Honestly i wouldn't waste the time to listen to it.

Yeah it's not a good tone, it's almost like he's publicly conceding the issue isn't just about effort/execution but this organization as a whole grossly miscalculated the talent on this roster and what is shaping up to be an epic failure to bring back pretty much the same team from last year that fell short of the SB and wasn't even competitive in their final game.

This is why the season is pretty much on the line this week, you lose to the Jets and Mike White things will go further south quickly and you'll see the defense start to pack it in so to speak once they know this offense is truly toast and can't move the ball or score anymore.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yeah it's not a good tone, it's almost like he's publicly conceding the issue isn't just about effort/execution but this organization as a whole grossly miscalculated the talent on this roster and what is shaping up to be an epic failure to bring back pretty much the same team from last year that fell short of the SB and wasn't even competitive in their final game.

This is why the season is pretty much on the line this week, you lose to the Jets and Mike White things will go further south quickly and you'll see the defense start to pack it in so to speak once they know this offense is truly toast and can't move the ball or score anymore.

This post reminds me of some sort of  "response-bot" that is auto-generated for spinning up drama and urgency levels out there in fan land. You've got some mount Everest sized assumptions based off of this every day Wednesday coach interview session here to say the least.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

This post reminds me of some sort of  "response-bot" that is auto-generated for spinning up drama and urgency levels out there in fan land. You've got some mount Everest sized assumptions based off of this every day Wednesday coach interview session here to say the least.

To be honest I haven't listened to every press conference this year, but considering the circumstances I didn't expect McD to sound like everything is peaches and roses.

But what I observed you can tell the pressure is real especially since you had last week's opponent calling out this team for basically not giving a crap and that starts with the head coach obviously.

But again let's not pretend this is isolated to last week. The warning signs have been there since week one when this decided not to show up for their home opener despite all offseason to prepare and play in front of 80K fans again.

And then again coming out of a bye week when you lost a tough game on national television you'd think they'd be ready and motivated to send a message again at home but they waiting until the 4th quarter to show up and were lucky to win.

Bottom line it's time for the 2021 Bills to finally show what they are but sadly they may be exactly what we've seen the last 2 weeks.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

54 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

sounds a bit tired and beat down to me much like every coach Bills have had in the last so many years. 

29 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

He sounds the same as always. The overall tone of PCs after a loss is more dim, but I think it's an overreaction to act like the coach is "beat down." To me, that's just fan speak.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Sean McDermott won’t go into strategy, but says #Bills must run ball better if they want to be team they want to be. Notes to go all the way back to end of last season with struggles. Adds he thought run game would’ve been improved by now.

No kidding,  the line needs to do better but i think we also should give Antonio Williams a shot over two guys they have now

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Already angry by what you guess the coach has said? Not even by what he actually said. Wow.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

It's nice to know you can summarize the presser without bothering to listen to it.

You should be accorded all the credit you deserve for this take.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I don't think he sounded beat up at all.  I think he sounded like a man who knows what he wants and intends to get it - grounded and determined.

If you didn't "waste the time" to listen to it, again, how do you reach this conclusion about how he sounded?

If you did listen to it, Bad Take IMHO

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.