top RBs NFL

Pete

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What is "blah" about Singletary's 5 YPA?

the over all run game was blah.  singletary did what he could, but again, the line is the bigger issue imo.  5 ypa or not, the bills could use someone better at rb.   

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

how come Singletary and his 5 ypc is not ranked in the top 30?  Thats my point.  Singletary and Moss are not scaring anyone.  The line sucks too.  Other teams defend pass and dare us to run- and we can't. 

Don't you think Josh could use a Thurman Thomas clone?

Top 30 for what?

He's never going to be a league leader rushing yards because the Bills split carries.

The Thurman comparison isn't fair.  And - as I pointed out to you in the shoutbox - if Daboll wanted to feed the ball to Singletary 40 times/game, he'd end up the same place Derrick Henry is right now.  It's not a smart strategy.

We're talking about an offense that - before yesterday - was NUMBER ONE IN THE NFL in points scored/game.

As great as Josh and the WRs are ... that's not happening with no run game.

Any run game deficiencies are due to the O line sucking ... not the RBs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

McCaffery number 8 pick overall

Cook  41 overall

Saquan 2nd overall

Kamara 67 overall

Henry 45 overall

Jones 182 overall

Chubb 35 overall

Ekeler FA

Taylor 41 overall

Jacobs 24 overall

Najee 24 overall

Zeke 4th overall

Ekeler is the outlier here.  Besides Ekeler, the top 12 NFL RBs

average draft postition is 39 overall, with 5 drafted within top 24

First of all.........that's just a random list.........not the top rushing/receiving backs in the NFL now.

Second..........the only great RB in the league is Henry...........and he's not really a factor in the passing game himself.

RB's just don't matter enough in winning and losing the game for the position to matter.

The player you seek(Thurman Thomas)  isn't really a thing and the facsimile's of that player have been breaking down and flaming out around age 26 now.

And the RB has been largely replaced in the receiving game by slot receivers.    McCaffrey might have become the first HOF slot receiver if he had insisted on that instead of RB but now he's a beat up, undersized $15M/yr RB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 carries by running backs (Singletary 6, Moss 3) in a game in which the teams combined for 15 points is just ... weird.

Other good teams have punished opponents that commit to stopping the big play by going to heavy sets and running the ball down their throats. Remember the Pats with their fullback/James Develin sets? Do we not have the personnel to do that, or do we just lack the will to try it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

McCaffery number 8 pick overall

Cook  41 overall

Saquan 2nd overall

Kamara 67 overall

Henry 45 overall

Jones 182 overall

Chubb 35 overall

Ekeler FA

Taylor 41 overall

Jacobs 24 overall

Najee 24 overall

Zeke 4th overall

Ekeler is the outlier here.  Besides Ekeler, the top 12 NFL RBs

average draft postition is 39 overall, with 5 drafted within top 24

What a lovely list.

Those 13RBs have precisely 0 Superbowl appearances combined. Two of them were in championship games, one of them twice (Jones, with HOF QB).

I am not saying that we couldn't use stud RB, but drafting one early is just bad business.

OL is way to go.

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

First of all.........that's just a random list.........not the top rushing/receiving backs in the NFL now.

Second..........the only great RB in the league is Henry...........and he's not really a factor in the passing game himself.

RB's just don't matter enough in winning and losing the game for the position to matter.

The player you seek(Thurman Thomas)  isn't really a thing and the facsimile's of that player have been breaking down and flaming out around age 26 now.

And the RB has been largely replaced in the receiving game by slot receivers.    McCaffrey might have become the first HOF slot receiver if he had insisted on that instead of RB but now he's a beat up, undersized $15M/yr RB.

False McCaffrey will be 1st ballot and is as great as Henry if not better.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

What a lovely list.

Those 13RBs have precisely 0 Superbowl appearances combined. Two of them were in championship games, one of them twice (Jones, with HOF QB).

I am not saying that we couldn't use stud RB, but drafting one early is just bad business.

OL is way to go.

Zeke?  We need OL and RB.  Badly.  Yesterday.,  Thats my point

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Odd that you are taking this position seeing how the lack of a running game is hurting the Bills. Also, there are several teams which are regularly trying to establish the run (Packers, Titans). Yes, RB has been devalued but not to the extent you are making it out to be. The pendulum never swings entirely to one end. While the league depends on passing, and the Bills success will run through Allen's arm, it does not work on a consistent basis without a credible running threat by players other than the QB. We are awful running the ball and the results are in the open. While I dont pin it as the sole reason for our woes (there is plenty of blame to go around), even with a good OL, I would want the Bills to have a run-pass of 35-65 or 40-60.  

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

OL is way to go.

I agree on the point of not taking a RB very high. 3rd round is, imo, the sweet spot. Never in the first round, maybe use a 2nd round pick for a good player. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Will Singletary or Moss be on the roster next year?

I changed your question a little

I think it will be one or the other is back and one gone.  I'd be amazed if we either don't sign a good younger FA RB draft one.  Depending on the style RB we get will determine which one we keep and which goes.  If it's more speed back then Moss stays.  If it's a bruiser like Henry, then maybe Moss goes and Singletary stays

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not always a guarantee you’re getting a star just because you draft them high. Spiller with 9th overall and while he made some

highlight runs he was not worth that investment- especially because he was drafted to a team that had FredEx and Lynch. He was projected as the #1 back in the 2010 draft and selected 9th overall. He was often injured and even when he left Buffalo he didn’t do much.

granted, nearly all of the RB’s in the draft that year were hot garbage. James Starks was one of the better backs and we missed him- someone in our own back yard.

Prepare to barf (I’m only showing the top-3 here)

9 - Cj Spiller

41 - Terrell Troup

72 - Alex Carrington

Stars (regardless of position) we passed on: Gronk, Jerry Hughes (lol), Devin McCourty, Earl Thomas, Maurkice Pouncey, Carlos Dunlap, 

positions of need players we missed on: JPP, Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders (lol), Antonio Brown (blessing in disguise?) 

***Our biggest needs were QB, LT, RT, DT, and OLB. All the QB’s sucked too.

Put together an elite oline so it doesn't matter who you put out there at RB.

And many of those team with top running backs are bad teams. Maybe because they drafted a RB high instead of, say, a QB?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.