This day needs to be our "We're on to Cincinnati moment"

Ethan in Cleveland

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2217320-bill-belichick-answers-were-on-to-cincinnati-to-5-questions-in-presser

After falling to 2-2 to start the season and getting throttled on MNF by Kansas City, the Patriots regrouped and went on to win the AFC and the SuperBowl.  

McDermott needs to rally the team and recognize this loss can not jeopardize the entire season.  They still have one of the easiest schedules in the league, a MVP caliber QB, and a lot of talent.  McDermott needs to rise to the occasion.  Many on here defend him.  Well it's time to prove he can coach with the best of them.  Winning it all takes patience, luck, staying/getting healthy, and making a run late in the year.  There are no more excuses and little room for error.  The Patriots and the best coach in history are right behind us.  The moment is now for McDermott

I still see greatness in this team.  I hope this is the moment they regroup and start playing like they did after the Arizona loss last year.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I lost a ton of optimism today watching our OL quit. We might grind out 10 wins but doubtful any more. We can't just make 3-4 new linemen magically appear.

Like Wood said in the broadcast today, timely screens are an OL’s best friend when getting turnstiled, to take advantage of the D’s early and easy pocket crashes…maybe expand on this part of Singletary’s game? I know he caught a few today, but something’s gotta give from a schematic adjustments standpoint to help cover up our line play…

Just now, ScottLaw said:

What I feared when they basically said in the off-season “let’s just bring the band back together”… after getting their asses handed to them in all 3 phases against the Chiefs.

I could not agree with you more. The arrogance going into this year was obvious and unacceptable.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2217320-bill-belichick-answers-were-on-to-cincinnati-to-5-questions-in-presser

After falling to 2-2 to start the season and getting throttled on MNF by Kansas City, the Patriots regrouped and went on to win the AFC and the SuperBowl.  

McDermott needs to rally the team and recognize this loss can not jeopardize the entire season.  They still have one of the easiest schedules in the league, a MVP caliber QB, and a lot of talent.  McDermott needs to rise to the occasion.  Many on here defend him.  Well it's time to prove he can coach with the best of them.  Winning it all takes patience, luck, staying/getting healthy, and making a run late in the year.  There are no more excuses and little room for error.  The Patriots and the best coach in history are right behind us.  The moment is now for McDermott

I still see greatness in this team.  I hope this is the moment they regroup and start playing like they did after the Arizona loss last year.  

Lol. Yeah and if they lose to the Jets next week we can do this sad dance all over again. 

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Lol. Yeah and if they lose to the Jets next week we can do this sad dance all over again. 

I don’t even want to imagine this place if that happens. So many of us have endured countless seasons of the drought. Now, when the Bills seemed to have risen from those depths, that would put us backwards and, to many, further below where we were at that point

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I don’t even want to imagine this place if that happens. So many of us have endured countless seasons of the drought. Now, when the Bills seemed to have risen from those depths, that would put us backwards and, to many, further below where we were at that point

Just wait. 9-8 is a real possibility. Could be that may still be enough to win the division, but the team is going nowhere in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I lost a ton of optimism today watching our OL quit. We might grind out 10 wins but doubtful any more. We can't just make 3-4 new linemen magically appear.

How can we play so good against a front like Washington but like that today vs Jax?

It has to be game plan and in game adjustments or lack thereof. 

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Like Wood said in the broadcast today, timely screens are an OL’s best friend when getting turnstiled, to take advantage of the D’s early and easy pocket crashes…maybe expand on this part of Singletary’s game? I know he caught a few today, but something’s gotta give from a schematic adjustments standpoint to help cover up our line play…

Singletary is no person to count on to build a good screen game around.  First of all he has had several bad drops on screens In past games.  He is so worried about catching and securing the ball now ( because of his fumble issues ) , that he catches the ball almost always as he is stationary.  He is not already running so his YAC suffers. He also is now so worried about fumbling that he is carrying the ball with two hands and this slows a back who lacks burst and takes a few steps to build up to speed.  Singeltary is what he is now.  He is undersized , doesn’t break tackles well, isn’t being used at all in the red zone , and is only touching the ball 15 or less times every game.  He was a 3 rd round  talent for a reason. Our backs are what they are , very average , and they never seem to get hard yards when you really need them to.  This is going back to both Mcd and Beane Refusing to draft a quality back when they had a chance but kept doubling down on drafting d lineman, whom at least a couple end up inactive every week.  We have no ability to run the ball which is a reflection of the o line and average backs AND the unwillingness of the coach to try new personel.   Why bring in breida when you never activate him ?  Why keep any other RBS on the practice squad when again the staff won’t try replacing moss or singletary when they are almost adding nothing to our offense , and why does he  keep ignoring the need to have a run game.?  Pretty disappointing 4 weeks with loss to Titans and now this loss after shakey game against the fins. 

Screen game , misdirection would be  good things but with this o line , sub par backs , and for some reason Dabols inability to have a creative game plan or adjust in game , that seems like a distant hope. If Dabol interviews for a head coaching Jin next year they will probably ask him to explain what happened in week 9 where they only scored 6 points !  Something is not right with Mcd and daboll in terms of a head coach allowing an OC to only call 7-10 runs in an entire game !   Let it sink In , Mcd  just lost to a ROOKIE HEAD COACH STARTING  A ROOKIE QB who had only 1 win!   Doesn’t sound like a SB bound coaching staff or for reference , something. That happens to a good coach like belicheck as an example. Mcd needs to do some self reflection, and let’s see if he can get thru to the OC about screens etc.  This was a very bad loss, team is currently playing with no passion (Hyde admitted they weren’t “ ready”), and maybe it s time to let them loose a little and come with some passion as opposed to not getting too high or too low.   Now they keep coming  out with no urgent sense of each game.   Btw our backs had 9 carries and averaged 2.7 or less yards per carry!   Wow. 

I will say tho injuries are mounting and i even posted about how we  couldn’t take the jag lightly ( I live down here and. Have seen the bills lose before here plus jags ended Kelly’s career in one playoff loss )@nd was worried all the o line shifts were concerning.  Can’t. Just keep going further down the roster and expect it not to hurt.  Then throw in Beasley hurting , losing our nickel cb, losing moss, Knox being out , white getting hurt ( tasker mentioned he had a concussion which is new to me ?) and you eventually can’t have enough quality guys on the field.   Well , will see as in presser Mcd noted 9 carries for 22 yards by the backs and said that not enough.   Will he reign in daboll is the real issue now.    Mcd looked pretty exhausted and emotionless; feel bad for him but it’s up to him and his culture to not allow this to continue !  

image.png

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

That would require Daboll to call plays based on the flow of the game in real time. 

The Buffalo offense does NOT seem to run plays in organic sequences based on what's immediately happening on the field. Daboll seems to be an overthinker when it comes to play-calling, overlooking obvious and immediate adjustments in favor of premeditated plans.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I could not agree with you more. The arrogance going into this year was obvious and unacceptable.  

They definitely thought they were ready and “close” to competing with KC for the AFC title. Right now that strategy doesn’t look good. I believe if there is an early playoff exit or obviously if they miss the playoffs altogether, there will be more than a few meaningful changes for 2022. 

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

That would require Daboll to call plays based on the flow of the game in real time. 

The Buffalo offense does NOT seem to run plays in organic sequences based on what's immediately happening on the field. Daboll seems to be an overthinker when it comes to play-calling, overlooking obvious and immediate adjustments in favor of premeditated plans.

Or the OL is awful and Daboll has to question what he can and can't call. If your OL is so awful that you aren't sure if they will hold up or not, how are you meant to know what you can call? You can't run an organic sequence of plays when on one play the Bills OL actually holds protection and then on the next play it's a jail break.

And to the previous poster, the Bills offense is not a screen game type offense. Odd for Wood to say that. @GunnerBill put in another post that the Bills ran 15 screen plays against Miami, to little or no effect. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The jets have a good defense we will look bad again n than patriots will dismantle us

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.