11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

8 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

We sucked last week too, just not enough to embarrass ourselves this much!

We were saved in that game by Allen & Beasley playing exceptionally well in the 2nd half of the 3rd quarter and in the 4th quarter.  And that was with Felliciano playing and the O-line only being bad not awful.  Today with Allen off and Beasley banged up and the O-line playing way below the accepted NFL level we got exactly what you would expect us to get. 

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

Ford turnstile 

Beasley drop

Davis drop

Allen keeps when he should have handed to Devin 

Let’s blame the coaches though 

Why does it always have to be one or the other?

All of what you said is true.

But the coaching was also terrible as well.

Poor coaching. Poor execution.

The result? Losing to the worse team in the league.

6 minutes ago, 716er said:

Ford turnstile 

Beasley drop

Davis drop

Allen keeps when he should have handed to Devin 

Let’s blame the coaches though 

You forgot Williams being a turnstile on one of the biggest plays of the game. And an incredible number of costly penalties.

I'm not blaming the coaches so much for this game but if Knox & Brown cant go next week it will be on the coaches if they don't shake up the O-line.  Put the rookie out at right tackle and move Williams back to guard. It can't be any worse then today.

And given the issues on the O-line the Bills need to game plan acknowledging the O-line issues.  This will mean a parred down offense and max protection.  

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Are you talking about this play? 

I need Allen to dirt the ball there. Brady has made a living throwing at guys’ feet when it’s obvious the play is busted from the start. I don’t know what play he thought he was gonna make there, just throw it at the feet of the WR running up the seam and live for the next play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

You're not going to win many games with 22 yards rushing, 2 INT, 1 Fumble, and 12 penalties for 118 yards...

What’s not being discussed enough is the penalties. Yes bad refs. But you don’t commit penalties if you’re better than the guy across you. 118 yards is equivalent to another 2 turnovers. So we’re talking 4-5 turnovers against a team that can’t generate >0.5 per game. Abyssal.

Edited by Best Williams Available
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I need Allen to dirt the ball there. Brady has made a living throwing at guys’ feet when it’s obvious the play is busted from the start. I don’t know what play he thought he was gonna make there, just throw it at the feet of the WR running up the seam and live for the next play.

Agreed. if he does that, then we kick a game-tying FG. A sack drove us out of FG range. It was the play of the game, IMO.

• Agree 1

Offense was brutally bad today.  No one escapes criticism.   Line was.  OTs were slow and acted liked turnstiles.  RBs were MIA.   Allen was rushed and he reverted to hero mode often.  WRs could not get open which is shocking due to the amount of blitzing Jacksonville did.  The Bills, post bye week, has played one good quarter of offense out of eight.  That is a top down problem.  Dabol has to go back to the drawing board.  Allen has to make better choices.  Overall the talent in the O line is not what they thought it was.  The Bills will make the play offs but the weak O line will thwart Super Bowl dreams.

• Like (+1) 6

This team is done without better o line play.  Ive been banging the table all season about how bad this line is.  They cant run the football behind this line.  That makes the team one dimensional which is challenging enough already.  Now they can't block 4-5 guys.  Sometimes 3.  That means its harder to read the field and or for receivers to get open at all.

Allen took what the defense gave with the check down for a large portion of the game.  Maybe now some will understand why that doesn't work.  Its not good enough to consistently move the football.  Guys on defense are too fast and will swarm.  You don't stop complete coverage looks by taking "what the defense gives you" all day.  You stop it by protecting the QB from a 4 man rush long enough to burn the coverage.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Look, I get that Brady does that but not on a play in which the DE gets a clean run at the QB.  That will almost always end in a sack.  It happens to fast for the QB to blindly throw the ball to the "seam" at a WR's feet (talk about a reckless throw that could get intercepted).  Brady does not make that throw on that play.  He takes the sack. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

With a few sobering hours to reflect....I'm more and more cool on Daboll. He had a pretty crappy gameplan, but worse a bad ability to adapt in game. 

Man ...in a tight game there is just no need to structure the offense with high risk stuff with the 2020 defense. If we would have had some juicier QB runs, more heavy looks, toss sweeps, jet sweeps, we would have won. Play calling has to match the tempo of a game, especially adjustments. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.