Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I find it rather hilarious that Aaron Rodgers called himself a “critical thinker” and then went on to talk about his beliefs in homeopathic medicine.

Homeopaths take a natural substance, dilute it down so far with water or alcohol that literally no molecules of the original substance remain, then they “potentize” it, which basically means just shake/stir the water in a “special” way that they claim transfers “healing energies” to the plain water (that used to contain a natural substance (like onions, or herbs, etc)).

Believing in that sounds like the opposite of critical thinking.

If you apply critical thinking skills to homeopathy, you would no longer believe in it.

By the criteria of modern evidence based medicine, homeopathy shouldn’t even be practiced.

Its amazing how much my opinion of Aaron Rodgers has changed in just a few days time.

The strange part to me is it obviously didn't work and he's still promoting it as an alternative to the vaccine.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Well, we'll see when Josh tests positive.   I think from the past stories, etc. seems reasonably clear to me he isn't vaxxed.   IMO, if you want to protect yourself, get vaxxed, if you want to roll the dice with your life, don't.   But don't impose your personal judgement on others.   Serious vax side effects are beyond rare and the data shows the vax works.  

If.

Not when.

If.

Some people feel the Bills would not have made Josh the $258M man this season without vaxxed.  I could go though the hints I see one way or the other, but there's really no point.  Bottom line, it's his choice as long as he's following whatever protocols apply to him.

I think we all make personal judgements and apply them to others, all the time.  Even saying "don't impose your personal judgement on others" is a form of doing so from one POV.

45 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Problem is, it’s not just their own lives they’re rolling the dice with. 

Let's not go there, and Say we Didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If.

Not when.

If.

Some people feel the Bills would not have made Josh the $258M man this season without vaxxed.  I could go though the hints I see one way or the other, but there's really no point.  Bottom line, it's his choice as long as he's following whatever protocols apply to him.

I think we all make personal judgements and apply them to others, all the time.  Even saying "don't impose your personal judgement on others" is a form of doing so from one POV.

Let's not go there, and Say we Didn't.

Given how Josh has been at press conferences and that Bills Halloween party he's either vaccinated or breaking the protocols at this point, so he'd probably get crap for that the same as Rodgers if it came out.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The strange part to me is it obviously didn't work and he's still promoting it as an alternative to the vaccine.

Well, to be fair - the vaccine has never been touted as 100% effective, so neither vaccine nor homeopathy not working in one instance proves nor disproves effectiveness.

The part I find weird was highlighted by the Packers fan video above.  Here's Rodgers talking about homeopathic treatments, and saying he put together a medical team with 500 pages of documentation they submitted to the NFL.  As I transcribed up thread:

"I'm not disagreeing with Rodgers with his idea of this is what I felt was best for my body, that's fine.....but he talks about spending all this money putting together a medical team and what have you...and then comes out of nowhere and says he also consulted Joe Rogan.  It's one thing if you're coming from a place where you're saying I'm going to do this homeopathic stuff, and this is how I'm going to treat my body.  And then to throw Rogan in there, and ignore all the doctors who are countering the points that he is making, and go to  a guy like Joe Rogan who last time I checked didn't have a medical degree...that to me is like "buddy, what are we doing?  WHAT are we doing?"  And again, it's his option, but if you're going to make the claim you're going through all the boxes, 500 pages of research (ed: from AR's personal medical team), and then go "oh now I'm talking to Joe Rogan"...I just feel that argument is undercut, just a little bit."

I would say "undercut to the point where a rockfall is imminent" but that's just me.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Given how Josh has been at press conferences and that Bills Halloween party he's either vaccinated or breaking the protocols at this point, so he'd probably get crap for that the same as Rodgers if it came out.

Someone made the claim that some of the press conferences are being held outside.

That may be true at times, but at other times - for example after Away games and at night - I don't think it is.

The Bills Halloween party is a point.

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Someone made the claim that some of the press conferences are being held outside.

That may be true at times, but at other times - for example after Away games and at night - I don't think it is.

The Bills Halloween party is a point.

Josh is most likely vaccinated anyway, one of the rules is unvaccinated have to travel separate from the rest but Josh is in all the photos of players boarding the plane and Beasley isn't in any of them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Self interest as his motivation.  Rodgers is a spokesman for Prevea Healthcare. He ain't worried that "Blue Meanies" in the press and social media would tear him apart for saying he uses homeopathy or that he's unvaccinated. It might jeopardize his money-making arrangement with Prevea, which vaccinates people and offers allopathic, FDA approved medical treatments.

Prevea Healthcare promotes vaccination.

image.thumb.png.72ad67ffe14ce3167e6ea012e0dcfbd6.png

Prevea promotes vaccination (see above) and their CEO has done television spots about the dangers of taking ivermectin:

Pretty damned hypocritical of Rodgers to take their money as their spokesman when he doesn't believe their treatments are appropriate for his own use and in fact paints them as profiteers uninterested in healing people.

He’s been dropped .  Probably a few other sponsors will distance themselves now that one had done it

https://www.channel3000.com/prevea-health-ends-partnership-with-aaron-rodgers/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Josh is most likely vaccinated anyway, one of the rules is unvaccinated have to travel separate from the rest but Josh is in all the photos of players boarding the plane and Beasley isn't in any of them.

We discussed this upthread. 

I think that rule applies only to front office (Tier1 and Tier2) staff and not to players.  I think it may have been part of the original proposals and was changed.

Unvaccinated players are supposed to wear masks on the plane and sit spatially distanced, but someone could hand him a mask at the doorway.

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We discussed this upthread. 

I think that rule applies only to front office (Tier1 and Tier2) staff and not to players.  I think it may have been part of the original proposals and was changed.

Unvaccinated players are supposed to wear masks on the plane and sit spatially distanced, but someone could hand him a mask at the doorway.

True, I got this from a recent article since the Rodgers thing but the link to the rules it provides seems to agree with you so. 🤷‍♂️ Still odd that Beasley isn't in any of them though.

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

He’s been dropped .  Probably a few other sponsors will distance themselves now that one had done it

https://www.channel3000.com/prevea-health-ends-partnership-with-aaron-rodgers/

I support Aaron Rodgers (no surprise to most), but I do get why Prevea Health dropped him.  

If he starts talking about how he self-insures and thinks insurance companies are profit hungry, I suspect State Farm would drop him as well. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Well I havn’t followed this thread as it developed, basically I don’t spend a ton of time on anything that isn’t All Bills All The Time, but a buddy of mine just sent this to me and it made me chuckle, so thought I’d throw it into the mix here.  Apologies if it’s already in here somewhere…

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Well I havn’t followed this thread as it developed, basically I don’t spend a ton of time on anything that isn’t All Bills All The Time, but a buddy of mine just sent this to me and it made me chuckle, so thought I’d throw it into the mix here.  Apologies if it’s already in here somewhere…

It's an improvement...

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

With Dak...HIPPA don't work that way.  That's part of the hubbub.  HIPPA, for example, keeps Dak's doctor from revealing Dak's vax status.  It does not prevent anyone from asking someone questions about their own health.  I giggle a lil everytime someone incorrectly invokes HIPPA.  "That word.  I do not think it means what you think it means."

As for the vax, there are crusaders on both sides.  Josh may have trended a day or two, as you note, and has since been left alone.  Hardly a pile-on.  NFL stars trend a few day if they so much as fart sideways.

i get a little giggle every time someone repeatedly gets the acronym for HIPAA wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1