Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe
18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If it's anything like gout, which I've had a couple times in the big toe over the years, it's pretty debilitating.

Yep, gout is no joke.  Since my stem cell transplant, I have regular bouts with gout and when it's bad, you can't even put a sock on because it hurts so bad.

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If it's anything like gout, which I've had a couple times in the big toe over the years, it's pretty debilitating.

From the link:

Covid Toe is a casual name for something medically known as pernio or chilblains, which is a condition that causes symptoms such as discoloration and lesions. It can be extremely painful and turn the toes purple. 

The injury was so problematic during the team’s game last Sunday, a loss to the Minnesota Vikings, that Rodgers headed to the locker room before halftime to tend to the ailment. His backup, Jordan Love, took the final kneel-down ahead of the break. Rodgers, afterward, described it as “very, very painful.” 

Rodgers elaborated on it more Tuesday, saying on the sports talk show that while he was in a great deal of pain, sitting out games isn’t an option. He also indicated that the issue is primarily with his fifth, or pinkie, toe. 

(...)

The condition can be so painful that some patients report difficulty wearing shoes. But throwing on a pair of cleats isn’t the only impediment between Rodgers and comfortably playing quarterback. It’s also the time of year and the location of his NFL franchise. 

One of the most critical factors that can exacerbate Covid Toe is cold weather.

In most cases, Freeman says, the lesions will resolve on their own. While she couldn’t speak to Rodgers or his condition specifically, she generally recommends that patients keep their core and extremities warm to prevent flare-ups. Beyond that, she advises consulting board-certified dermatologists for treatment. 

“The best way to avoid Covid Toes is to get vaccinated,” Freeman said. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Never heard of susceptibility to chilblains being a temporary condition.......so maybe having to avoid getting his feet cold will be a permanent part of Aaron Rodgers existence now.

Heh.  It's chilblains-like, not chilblains and in most people covid toe can be treated with anti-inflammatories and resolves eventually.  Of course, most people don't take whatever it was Aaron Rodgers took for his "immunization", so - who knows in his case? 

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Heh.  It's chilblains-like, not chilblains and in most people covid toe can be treated with anti-inflammatories and resolves eventually.  Of course, most people don't take whatever it was Aaron Rodgers took for his "immunization", so - who knows in his case? 

If what he took was actually a homeopathic remedy, then it was most likely water. But who knows?

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Yep, gout is no joke.  Since my stem cell transplant, I have regular bouts with gout and when it's bad, you can't even put a sock on because it hurts so bad.

Sorry to hear that.  I too have had a long term battle with the gout.  Since I started taking Allopurinol every day I haven't had an attack.

• Like (+1) 1

Has the team officially reported Rodgers has having this condition? I’m just curious, because I find irony in Rodgers sharing his “COVID toe” condition with McAfee, and everyone seeming to believe it. I don’t know what to believe with Rodgers, whether or not he’s even injured, or maybe just creating drama at this point. I never like to doubt injuries, but this dude is too much. 

7 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Has the team officially reported Rodgers has having this condition? I’m just curious, because I find irony in Rodgers sharing his “COVID toe” condition with McAfee, and everyone seeming to believe it. I don’t know what to believe with Rodgers, whether or not he’s even injured, or maybe just creating drama at this point. I never like to doubt injuries, but this dude is too much. 

The team put him on injury report with a "toe" designation, yes.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The team put him on injury report with a "toe" designation, yes.

Thanks, I watched the McAfee interview, and his mention of COVID toe seemed very much like sarcasm, or a joke. This was after  he cryptically explained what’s going on with his toe. Yes, he has a toe injury, but I’m not convinced we have the real answer why. I suppose we don’t need one, but I’m intrigued how the media has run with Rodgers COVID toe injury without any real evidence, aside from another weird interview. 

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Thanks, I watched the McAfee interview, and his mention of COVID toe seemed very much like sarcasm, or a joke. This was after  he cryptically explained what’s going on with his toe. Yes, he has a toe injury, but I’m not convinced we have the real answer why. I suppose we don’t need one, but I’m intrigued how the media has run with Rodgers COVID toe injury without any real evidence, aside from another weird interview. 

It's possible.  I would like to assume that the media has a source such as someone who knows a team trainer or so forth, but that probably isn't a safe assumption on my part.

But then, I would also like to assume that if Rodgers discloses his injury, he's telling the truth; he has nothing to gain by breaking news that he has a painful and long-lasting complication of Covid, after telling his followers that homeopathy plus whatever Joe Rogan suggests have him all fixed up.  And you could well be correct that may also not be a safe assumption on my part.

• Like (+1) 2