Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

31 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Beasley hasn't worn a mask in press conferences, either.

Someone told me the pressers where Beasley has not worn a mask are outside and not subject to those rules.

I dunno. 

I'm tired of thinking about it, I just want enforcement of the rules to be fair between teams, on and off the field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Someone told me the pressers where Beasley has not worn a mask are outside and not subject to those rules.

I dunno. 

I'm tired of thinking about it, I just want enforcement of the rules to be fair between teams, on and off the field.

I'm not sure why the NFL leaves enforcement up to the teams. I'm confused by that because I thought it was an NFL employee who monitored the teams at their facility, not a team employee. 

So what happens, the NFL employee gives the team a report of violations and then the team decides how to act on it?

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm not sure why the NFL leaves enforcement up to the teams. I'm confused by that because I thought it was an NFL employee who monitored the teams at their facility, not a team employee. 

So what happens, the NFL employee gives the team a report of violations and then the team decides how to act on it?

A Reuters report (Reuters, like AP, usually requires multiple sources) stated that the NFL does not know the vaccination status of players - that knowledge stays with the clubs.

If that is correct, then the clubs would pretty much have to be the ones to enforce mask protocols.

Other reports though, have asserted the NFL does know.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A Reuters report (Reuters, like AP, usually requires multiple sources) stated that the NFL does not know the vaccination status of players - that knowledge stays with the clubs.

If that is correct, then the clubs would pretty much have to be the ones to enforce mask protocols.

Other reports though, have asserted the NFL does know.

Keep everything as vague as possible. The NFL way.

FWIW, the letter that McKenzie got definitely came from the NFL, stated he was unvaccinated, and that "The Protocols provide that the NFL may impose discipline on any player..."

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno. 

In the letter to Mckenzie it says he was warned previously and further punishment would occur if continued to break protocol. I'm guessing Beasley had the same warning. 

We don't know if Rodgers was ever warned. If not maybe Rodgers has a case the NFL isn't being fair.

Rogers was deliberately breaking the rules and the Packers knew it and deliberately did not enforce it or inform the NFL.  Rogers had previously tried to get clearance for his “alternate approach” and was rejected.  The league should have brought down the hammer on both the team and the player who both just made a mockery of the whole process.  As usual, inconsistent and cowardly response from the NFL.  

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beasley and Mckenzie were fined for being repeat offenders. 

Acknowledged.  But a point stands that in general, being fined for 8 weeks of repeat offenses plus a Halloween party plus commercial opportunities unvaxxed players aren't supposed to take should arguably be greater than a couple of repeat offenses in preseason.

I don't think we're gonna change each others minds though so I'm done

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/aaron-rodgers-covid-toe-11637725526?st=hybk9p623fo4lrf&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

"COVID toe." Who knew this was a thing? Apparently it is, and ivermectin doesn't help I guess.

Since Aaron Rodgers returned to the field after testing positive for Covid-19, having sat out 10 days because he was unvaccinated, the star Green Bay Packers quarterback has been dealing with a mysterious and painful toe injury. 

After previously describing it in vague terms as a “Covid injury,” Rodgers confirmed what dermatologists had previously suspected. 

“No lingering effects, other than the Covid Toe,” Rodgers said Tuesday on the Pat McAfee show. 

• Haha (+1) 2