NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I may get blasted for this but: I still believe Beasley gets traded today. Yes, he's good. However I feel like Davis is getting healthier, Knox is due back and Sweeney showed well. His production can be absorbed.  Beas is also nearing the end of his deal and I don't see them bringing him back at the price he may command.

If we can move him to help improve the pass rush or interior OL I believe it's a move you have to make.

Lol! You "may" get blasted for this? You will 

My hope is Beane can move Trubisky.  Top choice for an IOL.  But if not, see if you can move MT for a 3rd or 4th.

Trubisky was always a one year rental insurance policy.  The years half over, move him.  Sure, there's some risk. 

I'm on of those (in the minority it seems) that wants the Bills to be good for the next decade vs the all-in on the one year.

33 minutes ago, wjag said:

This is my thinking..  Buffalo spends too much time building a team, a culture and managing the cap (for long term) to blow it up on trade deadline day.    Sure in the early days when they had assets to sell, but not now.  I don't see it happening.  I can almost predict the press conference.  "Sure we had some things we were interested in, but the price and fit wasn't right for the team." ....

Agree there.  Could see them making some trade for depth, but nothing anyone is going to get all that excited about.  Read a few potential trades yesterday, think it was in The Athletic, most involved 6th or 7th round picks in exchange for player making about $1 mil salary.

Comments above about glaring needs, IMO that's a huge over statement as overall the Bills are in the top 10 if not top 5 in most offensive and defensive categories.   Hard to say they have any glaring needs with the exception of the interior line and doubt you're trading for someone who's going to be a starter.

Per Spotrac Fletcher Cox would have a dead cap of $36 million if traded. Even splitting that in '21 and '22 is onerous and it's not like Bills have the room to take on any of it. 

He would make a big difference, it would be great to have a rotation of Cox, Oliver and Star with a little Zimmer or an edge guy mixed in but I don't see that happening. 

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

My hope is Beane can move Trubisky.  Top choice for an IOL.  But if not, see if you can move MT for a 3rd or 4th.

Trubisky was always a one year rental insurance policy.  The years half over, move him.  Sure, there's some risk. 

I'm on of those (in the minority it seems) that wants the Bills to be good for the next decade vs the all-in on the one year.

If we need to rely on Trubisky, we are screwed anyways so I'm OK with trading him for assets. He's not gonna turn into Nick Foles and win us a championship so might as well trade him. Could flip any picks we receive and get help for this season.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, jwhit34 said:

Per Spotrac Fletcher Cox would have a dead cap of $36 million if traded. Even splitting that in '21 and '22 is onerous and it's not like Bills have the room to take on any of it. 

He would make a big difference, it would be great to have a rotation of Cox, Oliver and Star with a little Zimmer or an edge guy mixed in but I don't see that happening. 

Fletcher’s dead cap is philly’s problem, not the Bills.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

that dead cap would belong to Eagles, not Bills

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

If we need to rely on Trubisky, we are screwed anyways so I'm OK with trading him for assets. He's not gonna turn into Nick Foles and win us a championship so might as well trade him. Could flip any picks we receive and get help for this season.

gonna get a 3rd rd comp pick for him. keep him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I like having him as the backup but it's not like we can get anything for him down the line this is likely a 1 year pitstop for him, so if you can get good value for him I'm not sure you can say no.

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I may get blasted for this but: I still believe Beasley gets traded today. Yes, he's good. However I feel like Davis is getting healthier, Knox is due back and Sweeney showed well. His production can be absorbed.  Beas is also nearing the end of his deal and I don't see them bringing him back at the price he may command.

If we can move him to help improve the pass rush or interior OL I believe it's a move you have to make.

I do think this is Beasley's last year on the team and do feel a top 3 starting WR group of Diggs, Davis and one more year of Sanders with a rookie drafted fairly high next season would be fine; making a move like that mid-season would set the offense back right now.  You can't just write a guy like Beasley out of the game plan without losing something overall.  Even bringing in a star at another position, likely would take some time for him to jell with the other players to see as big an improvement as what you're losing in Beasley.

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Houston and the league do better by trading him this offseason in an open bidding war where a number of QB needy teams might take part

Only assuming he is not getting his massages in prison.  I am sure (and hopeful) that some very large friends return the favor for what he has allegedly done.

👍. Have a seat Desean.

If the criminal cases succeed- then not trading him this last summer or earlier this year is a loss.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.