NFL Trade Deadline: The Bills Trade Rumors Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

If you don't know how legit the source is but you want to talk about it, Put 'Er Here.

If you want to start a unique thread about a trade rumor, especially from "The Twitters", please:

1) check the source - make sure it's actually Adam Schefter or Rappaport or Trepasso and not a "Spoof Account"

2) if it's a rumor, start your thread title with "Rumor" or "Speculation".  If it's what you'd like to see start it with something like "Could you see...." or "How about...."

3) Please save "Trubisky to Washington" or the like for verified Done Deals

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DJB said:

I think trading for Lee Smith would be a real boost to our offense

I saw him play the other week in London. Best part of the game was him making a catch. It was a personal life highlight for me. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, CNY315 said:

I may get blasted for this but: I still believe Beasley gets traded today. Yes, he's good. However I feel like Davis is getting healthier, Knox is due back and Sweeney showed well. His production can be absorbed.  Beas is also nearing the end of his deal and I don't see them bringing him back at the price he may command.

If we can move him to help improve the pass rush or interior OL I believe it's a move you have to make.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, DJB said:

I think trading for Lee Smith would be a real boost to our offense

Well it would boost the rushing attack for sure after all he did practice the if you hold every play, they won't call 'em all mantra.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What makes you think that?

Except that Beane has been quiet at the NFL trade deadline of recent years

That's what I thought immediately too. Brandon wheels and deals in the offseason, not so much mid-season. Not that I would ever count him out.

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I may get blasted for this but: I still believe Beasley gets traded today. Yes, he's good. However I feel like Davis is getting healthier, Knox is due back and Sweeney showed well. His production can be absorbed.  Beas is also nearing the end of his deal and I don't see them bringing him back at the price he may command.

If we can move him to help improve the pass rush or interior OL I believe it's a move you have to make.

There has to be a buyer. This particular slot receiver is very valuable to the Bills in their system. 

If anyone else would really want him, it would likely be Belichick, lol.

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Unless we are landing a true premier player at a position of need in return, would be a stupid move IMO especially since you can argue we probably lose against the Dolphins without Beasley.

Also considering his well documented vaccine status, that would likely turn off many possible suitors in terms of what type of compensation they give in return.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

That could happen but only because I think the rest of the WR stable is capable. You can move Davis outside and Sanders to the slot, and get the same production out of the group. Or you can keep Sanders on the outside and have McKenzie, Davis, Stevenson in the slot. I doubt Sweeney plays a role in this. He caught some passes, but he was not nearly as athletic as Knox. He was "capable" but a significant downgrade. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.