OBJ drama in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think he'll get claimed by a team thinking about next year. But you never know.

Could be a team looking to evaluate their QB, create a splash, etc. KC, Chargers are ahead of us among others 

Edited by YoloinOhio

So there wont be much of a cap issue for any team. Basically get him at the minimum. Ideally one of the teams early in the waiver wire get him so doesn't fall to a contender. Basically a free lottery ticket for someone. Look at Antonio Brown, people said he was done and he ended up helping the Bucs get a Super Bowl and has become a key cog for them. 

https://abc13.com/shaker-heights-ohio-cleveland-browns-odell-beckham-jr/5193223/

Robert Stewart says officers visited him after a neighbor called 911. The neighbor heard Stewart screaming and saw him waving his arms in her front yard.

"I'm calling because there's someone out in front of our house. We just drove home and he's yelling and screaming and, like, flailing his arms," the neighbor, Corita Jackson, told dispatchers in a 911 call.

When officers arrived, Stewart explained to them why he was celebrating.

"'Oh, we got OBJ,'" Stewart recalled telling the officers. Then we dapped it up. Everything was all cool and they went back on about their day."

Stewart also recorded his odd celebration.

"We got Odell! We got Odell! We got, we got, we got Odell!" Stewart recorded.

The neighbors were able to talk about the strange encounter. Jackson recalled, "Then he asked me, 'Are you a Browns fan?' I was like, 'No, not really.' And he was like, well, he was celebrating the Browns' big win. I was like, 'Oh, did they play a game?' He's like, 'No,' they got Odell Beckham Jr. I was like, 'Oh, well congratulations."

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

So there wont be much of a cap issue for any team. Basically get him at the minimum. Ideally one of the teams early in the waiver wire get him so doesn't fall to a contender. Basically a free lottery ticket for someone. Look at Antonio Brown, people said he was done and he ended up helping the Bucs get a Super Bowl and has become a key cog for them. 

Fair, but I think Brown not being “done” had more to do with his chemistry with Brady than anything else. It was a unique situation that worked well for both parties. I can’t think of a good fit for a washed up Beckham. 

I think for the most part he and his agent will dictate who claims him..........if they know he won't show then a team isn't going to claim him.

I think Terrell Suggs got himself released back in 2019 with the intent of returning to Baltimore and instead KC claimed him.........and though initially pissed..........he reported and ended up getting a Lombardi.

So OBJ might not get the exact team but I expect he will only go to one that's on a short list of teams he'd accept.     He ain't playing in Detroit, IMO.

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.