Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

Is it soup yet…, 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Eagles just opened up a roster spot in the QB room 🧐

This is actually the team that makes the most sense given all the 1st rounders they have next year (including one from Miami).

But according to reports the only teams Watson will accept a trade to is Miami or Carolina.

I still think this whole situation is a big joke and not sure why any team would want to give up any draft picks of note for a guy with tons of legal issues hanging over his head, signed a huge contract and then basically quit on the team and demanded a trade. Whose to say he won't do it again even after he's traded?

Just seems like a big waste of picks and money for a guy who has been pretty overrated to begin with since he's been in the league and might be out of it for good within a few years pending the legal situation hanging over his head.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

my guess is nobody trades for watson

I'm starting to get the feeling he could be done done. It's not just a civil suit there's a couple felonies in there too. I think the league knows more about this than we do and that's why it's been so quiet on the legality front..... Somethings up cuz the kid is Young and super Talented.

Top 5 still.

Edited by r00tabaga

17 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I'm starting to get the feeling he could be done done. It's not just a civil suit there's a couple felonies in there too. I think the league knows more about this than we do and that's why it's been so quiet on the legality front..... Somethings up cuz the kid is Young and super Talented.

Top 5 still.

They are waiting on the Grand Jury investigation that will determine criminal charges or not.  

..Watson has been accused of sexual misconduct by over 20 women, all of whom work as massage therapists. The group of women is suing the superstar quarterback, who began his 2021 offseason by requesting a trade from Houston. There is also a criminal investigation into his conduct.

As we know, those investigations can take significant time to wrap up. Today, A.J. Perez of Front Office Sports reports what many had already assume: the investigation and inquiry into Watson won’t be over by the time the NFL trade deadline rolls around....

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/houston-texans/deshaun-watson-lawsuits-criminal-investigation-grand-jury-timeline-nfl-trade-deadline

Houston reporters trying to gin up trade speculation.

Unless someone knows charges aren't happening, this trade isn't happening.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You’re splitting heirs.  I’m not sure why.  Pats fan on Bills board.  Fine.  This is about the Dolphins.  We all hate them.  You don’t have to pick fights in every thread.  The guy said Rapaport had reported trade interest/trades being close yet no trade has materialized. Occum’s Shaver says he was more likely wrong than right but you have to die on the hill of lowering standards for the reporter and increasing them for the Bills fan in a thread………again.

no one, not even CPS, would consider my response to your misstatement “a fight”.

anyway, you could have just said “I don’t have such a link because obviously there is none.  I misspoke”….

Ya know, “if” things go bad for Watson, (not that they are going well presently) a lot of his contract could end up being voided, and his team would be off the hook in a big way financially speaking, it’s all just a waiting game at this point.