Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Rodgers has a better record, less turnovers and wins games without his best talent.

He's as efficient a QB as they come.

I’ve seen him play quite a few games and he just doesn’t jump off the screen like josh Allen does even to fans of other teams.  Although I guess you can’t hold it against rodgers that his team could pass block most of the year lol I don’t think anyone in the league can do what Allen has done this season but mvp might be a statistical only award.  Two games against weak defenses for Allen and if he wins both and we win the division maybe he pulls closer 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

On 12/26/2021 at 7:17 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If the bills offense can ever figure out how to consistently dink and dunk the ball they will be unstoppable. Josh Allen will win four or five MVPs.

Those dump offs to Singleterry in the first half it seemed in particular were a thing of beauty.

I'm glad they figured it out, because in past games passes to Devin kept getting stopped for a loss because he'd get the ball to him with Devin flat-footed.  Other teams would get those plays off with the RB already having momentum to beat defenders to the line/around the corner.

To me, my POV probably a bit skewed as a Bills fan, Josh Allen IS the MVP right now. Show me a team that is more dependent on their QB than the Buffalo Bills. He is basically the entire offense with our lack of a true running game. Week in and week out the game is on his shoulders. Without him we are at best a 4 or 5 win team right now. If Josh gets it done the next two weeks, keeping the same pace, and leading us to the division title, then there's no reason he shouldn't get the award. Will he? Probably not because the media and sports journalists still drool over Mahomes, Rodgers, everyone flashing this year except Allen, but he should. Another guy I would agree is deserving though is Jonathan Taylor. He is the major reason the Colts are back in it. 

8 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Rodgers has a better record, less turnovers and wins games without his best talent.

He's as efficient a QB as they come.

No Mahomes in there anywhere?  Or Brady?

But that doesn't make you MVP.  You take Rodgers out - What will be their record....You take Allen out - I think the Bills will win 5 games.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ganesh said:

But that doesn't make you MVP.  You take Rodgers out - What will be their record....You take Allen out - I think the Bills will win 5 games.

You think we win 5 games without Allen? I think it’s less 😂 every time I see rodgers he’s getting great protection and making an easy pitch and catch.  Doesn’t mean he can’t do more if he’s asked to though of course.  I’m also pretty salty he missed a comically wide open Lazard in the end zone a couple weeks ago that almost cost me the fantasy football playoffs lol so maybe I’m biased 

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

+1200…ridiculous.  Idk why rodgers is so far ahead

1. wins

2. efficiency

I guarantee Allen would be the favorite by far if the bills were sitting on only four losses and leading the AFC conference. Win loss record and having the number one seed in your respective conference is the largest factor in MVP for quarterbacks.

Secondary is the stats which can be broken down to favor whatever argument you want to make. Rogers is always the efficiency king. So he always has that in his back pocket.

But, Allen having a legit shot to lead the league in both total touchdowns and  total yards this year? I don’t think that should be overlooked. And now that the bills are at least on pace to win the AFC East again. I do think he has a shot. He probably needs to finish the season with eight touchdowns over the next two games. Certainly not impossible for Allen.

58 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Historically, the #1 seed and wins are exactly what makes a QB the MVP.

Allen is deserving but he has an uphill better. He needs to finish with 8+ TD’s over two games. He’s got a chance.

Right, the MVP is heavily tied to team success, right or wrong.  (This is true in all the major sports).  Rodgers is the heavy, heavy favorite.

But who cares?  What matters is that Josh has lifted his game at the right time and was brilliant against New England.  This gives the Bills a shot in the playoffs.

36 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Historically, the #1 seed and wins are exactly what makes a QB the MVP.

Allen is deserving but he has an uphill better. He needs to finish with 8+ TD’s over two games. He’s got a chance.

I don’t want Josh Allen to win the MVP. The MVP is cursed to not win the Super Bowl. It is known.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.