Knox Apology Form

RyanC883

He’s been great- everything we were hoping that we were getting when we drafted him-

The coaching staff has been utilizing him more and putting him in position to succeed.

Josh is looking for him more-

He can thank Diggs for all the attention he commands

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 6

I've said this for years, but many people don't realize that the very best TEs typically are Drafted in the middle rounds AND take 2-3 years to hit their potential. Historically, except for Tony Gonzalez and Rob Gronkowski, the best TEs are in the 3rd / 4th Rounds and it's year 3 when production really takes off. Kelce is another anomaly where his second year he produced and obviously hasn't stopped since then. However, we all need to remember that players take time to develop. 

Knox was a similar prospect in fitting a certain prototype the Bills like: very athletic with huge potential and a dominating love for the game and improvement. Knox was not used often at Ole Miss but his athleticism stood out and the Bills believed in their ability to coach him and his ability to be committed to getting better. Sometimes, as fans we're our own worst enemy...this Front Office and coaching staff have proven they can find talent and develop them. We just need to trust them and yes, the process. 

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

I don't need to sign the Knox apology form. I always said he is raw and underdeveloped but we have to be patient because if it clicks the traits are off the charts. 

Does anyone have an "Emmanuel Sanders is washed up" apology form though? Because I think I need to submit one of those.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This is why fans don’t run teams. 
We would of cut Bass after two games last year. Would of traded Knox for a bag of footballs because hollister was clearly the better option. Edmunds clearly has to go and is replacement level. Oliver never makes plays. Levi can’t cover anything. Star has no impact on the defense cause anyone can just take up space. 
Patience is so important, players CAN elevate their play.

Knox has been a huge mismatch from the day he was drafted. And the coaches stuck with him and it’s beginning to pay off bigtime for this team. I can happily say I don’t need any forms cause I’ve never had a problem supporting his play and was willing to take the drops due to what a huge mismatch he presents to opposing defenses 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Honestly I never had the drop thing that so many fans had. 

I just think that historically, the Buffalo Bills have never shown they value the position. 

They have not invested in it or incorporated it in the game plan, until now. 

I bemoaned more of their forever view, that we needed slow Tight Ends that specialized in blocking. 

When Knox ran a 4.59 at his Pro Day at 6'4", you knew he had athletic ability. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

This is why fans don’t run teams. 
We would of cut Bass after two games last year. Would of traded Knox for a bag of footballs because hollister was clearly the better option. Edmunds clearly has to go and is replacement level. Oliver never makes plays. Levi can’t cover anything. Star has no impact on the defense cause anyone can just take up space. 
Patience is so important, players CAN elevate their play.

Knox has been a huge mismatch from the day he was drafted. And the coaches stuck with him and it’s beginning to pay off bigtime for this team. I can happily say I don’t need any forms cause I’ve never had a problem supporting his play and was willing to take the drops due to what a huge mismatch he presents to opposing defenses 

I openly admit I was so confused and pissed when we drafted Bass. I was so wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Why? 

With Hauschka we were limited to <45 yard Field Goals, and he was struggling to get those there. 

I've just never been a fan on drafting a kicker. Then all I saw was the video of the one-step 60-yard FG kick like that translated into an actual game, lol. 

I was wrong. He's been amazing for us.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.