So what's the offensive game plan?

Royale with Cheese

I actually think we run the ball decently well in non-obvious situations.  Where we still struggle, and end up relying on Allen too much, is in the obvious short yardage plays. 

I’d bet we do what we’ve been doing… 11 personnel, with a 70/30ish pass/run split.

If the line holds up, there’s no reason we shouldn’t dominate their defense.  

• Like (+1) 2

Watch the Chargers coach and his comments on the running game. We should be able to move the ball through the air on them. It would be easier to do so if we make them expend some physicality and effort stopping the run. Running the ball also chews up more clock so it keeps their offense off the field. I'd be happy with a combination of shorter passes and rushes to get some long drives going. 

21 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Take what the defense gives you all day long. We have too many weapons on offense for 1 or 2 not to be open every play. Get it to the open guy and keep marching down the field. I worry that Josh will be too amped up and kill some drives taking unnecessary shots down the field especially if the game is close or we are behind. If we are ahead by a score or two, ok take a shot, but otherwise take what the defense gives you. You have Diggs and Beasley who can both get open in a phone booth, Sanders can take the top off a defense, Davis is big bodied and sure handed, and Knox is coming into his own. Running game is looking decent and both RB's can catch out of the backfield. You can't tell me the Chiefs have enough to man-up everyone.

Agree with your last statement, unless the Chief's secondary is allowed to mug our receivers like they did in the Championship game last year.  I believe I saw a thread earlier this week that indicated the referees that called the Super Bowl are working this game, so that may alleviate that tactic.  I think the Bills will get the much sought-after "statement win" on Sunday night.

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

one that scores a sh-t ton of points, as we will be giving up a sh-t ton of points.    Should be a wild one.   KC crowd will be absolutely nuts.   Biggest challenge of young Josh's career for sure.   We could win a tight one and just as easily get blown out in the first half.   Really hard to tell.   Breaking new ground Sunday night.  Go bills.  

Oh no worries Bills offense will further expose KC lack of defensive answers to our offensive weapons.  And our defense will continue its knack for takeaways that will leave no doubt that defense still wins championships. The Chiefs won't recover to make a renewed motivated run to make it to the playoffs. Instead the cracks in that team following the beatdown the Bills defense serves up will complete the revelation that KC/Mahomes era is not gonna rule the NFL like Pats/Brady era.  Be more talk of a Bills/Allen era that could compete.  Except imho think they will continue to build up as a complete team offense/defense and because of the strength of both will start the how do you stop the Bills narrative that won't produce many answers for quite some time.  

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Daboll needs to stay away from the cute stuff. 

I don’t like the designed Allen runs, it limits what can be done on a specific play. Call a pass play, if it’s not there Josh can scramble without a million defenders at the line. 

100% you just googled these terms and put them into a post.

This is a game where I advocate running Allen. He is a weapon with his legs and the Chiefs will be playing a lot of press man. The Bills need to utilize his legs and dare I say involve people out of the backfield in the passing game such as Moss and Knox at TE. Outside of Bolton, the Chiefs LBs are terrible and Knox and the RBs should have a big day in the passing game. This will allow things to open up for the WRs as the game goes along

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I actually think we run the ball decently well in non-obvious situations.  Where we still struggle, and end up relying on Allen too much, is in the obvious short yardage plays. 

I’d bet we do what we’ve been doing… 11 personnel, with a 70/30ish pass/run split.

This exactly👆

Bills are going to likely have to at a minimum score 28 points to win. I think the key is to take what KC gives you and control the clock. A patient gameplan that prods the defense early and establishes the run is likely the way to go. See how KC is playing you and attack it. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know if the Chargers did this against the Chiefs, but normally Herbert hits Ekeler out of the backfield 4-5 times per game.  

I would love if we started using our backs like that.   Especially Moss as he is a pretty good pass catcher.  

• Like (+1) 1

All offensive players will be chewing up multiple cloves of garlic for two days straight before the game, and not brushing their teeth,  just a little in close competitive edge on game day, the D should be in on this as well…, 😁👍 no I don’t want to hear what their wives have to say about it…,

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I would like that split to be 60-40 pass-run.

Hit on a couple of deep shots with Sanders as you know he will get open deep

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

100% you just googled these terms and put them into a post.

I definitely googled “cute stuff” but the rest was all me baby!! 

I don’t like the designed runs. Teams usually have that sniffed out pretty well. Josh is at his most dangerous when the play breaks down and he scoots. If you want to design a run, do it for the guy whose job it is. We have such dangerous weapons why not utilize them all? 

Start pass, if it’s not there, go! I don’t like the idea of limiting the plays options before it even starts. Im a fan of Josh running, I just don’t 100% trust Daboll to know when to do it. I feel like a lot of times when a play doesn’t go well he starts getting cute and doubles down instead of moving on. 

We can’t waste drives vs. the chiefs. 

Agree? Disagree? Or do you just want to talk about Google all day? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

6 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Score more than KC.

It's a little more complicated than that. I think we're going to run the ball, and when we don't run it we'll pass it. Some of those passes will be long and some short. But the overriding strategy will be to score. Hopefully no one from the Chiefs is reading this

I have a feeling McKenzie will be a big part of the game plan. We've barely used him at all this year, it feels like they've been waiting to spring him at the right time. Chiefs LBs are slow. If we want the Chiefs to abandon their deep zone game plan we need to find ways to create yards starting near the LOS. Moss and Singletary catching passes out of the backfield, jet sweeps, Allen runs and scrambles. Force the Chiefs to creep up and the passing windows will open.

All that being said the Chiefs are actually just a really bad defense and I kind of hope Daboll doesn't think nearly as hard about it as I just did. We scored 35 and 40 points on better defenses. It's been said many times but Jalen Hurts carved them up. Allen and Daboll need to come into this game remembering that their opponent is not Patrick Mahomes, it's a low rated defense with very little top end talent.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I have a feeling McKenzie will be a big part of the game plan. We've barely used him at all this year, it feels like they've been waiting to spring him at the right time. Chiefs LBs are slow. If we want the Chiefs to abandon their deep zone game plan we need to find ways to create yards starting near the LOS. Moss and Singletary catching passes out of the backfield, jet sweeps, Allen runs and scrambles. Force the Chiefs to creep up and the passing windows will open.

All that being said the Chiefs are actually just a really bad defense and I kind of hope Daboll doesn't think nearly as hard about it as I just did. We scored 35 and 40 points on better defenses. It's been said many times but Jalen Hurts carved them up. Allen and Daboll need to come into this game remembering that their opponent is not Patrick Mahomes, it's a low rated defense with very little top end talent.

Agree. 

Like Sanders said, we need to just go in and play our game. If they can beat us that way, fine. But I don’t think I can stomach another shell shocked little brother playing big brother outing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.