So what's the offensive game plan?

Royale with Cheese

The Chiefs defense is bad.  They are bad in all 3 areas...running, passing and scoring.  

From what I understand, the teams that have beaten the Chiefs have run the ball well on them.  I still don't think we run the ball consistently well.

They can't stop the pass either and that's what we do best.

Are we going to have multiple designed runs with Allen like we did against the Steelers? 

Allen's attempts down to around 30?

Multiple 2 TE set formations?

I don't think we are going to see Gabe Davis much at all in this game.  Maybe a 1/2 dozen snaps or so.  I think we are going to be 3 WR sets most of the game.

• Like (+1) 2

would like to see run production to make play-action more effective to help with the passing, and eating the clock with long-time consuming drives is one way to control the KC offense...adding Sanders to the gameplan is great as well so a more balanced passing attack than the last time we played as we seemed lost when Diggs wasnt having his way...

defense...well an organic pass-rush from the front-four with some delayed second-wave blitzing...and keep the running game under control

Edited by First Round Bust

A mix of Beasley, Knox, Moss, and Singletary in the middle of the field to start off with. Run the ball, short seam routes, screens.....and then let that lead into play action to Diggs and Sanders (with the occasional Josh keeper when he sees fit). 

I don't think that this defense causes you to overthink the gameplan. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If Allen is locked in this game and Daboll doesn't call stupid crap or have no flow to the game then the Bills could pull it off.  I have no idea what gameplan but not 5 wide all game and not the stupid thing where he passes all game and then decides to run until its stopped then pass again.  My biggest complaint about Daboll is he doesn't seem to understand how to mix it up. Run, run, run, run, stopped. Pass, Pass, Pass.  Also he doesn't seem to take that shot on 2nd and short very often.

And our O line needs to be way better.  If the o line can protect Josh then Josh will get locked in.  He will feel more comfortable and our guys will get open.

Edited by Scott7975

one that scores a sh-t ton of points, as we will be giving up a sh-t ton of points.    Should be a wild one.   KC crowd will be absolutely nuts.   Biggest challenge of young Josh's career for sure.   We could win a tight one and just as easily get blown out in the first half.   Really hard to tell.   Breaking new ground Sunday night.  Go bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

i think the main aim has to be decreasing the degree of difficulty our O faces (which with the notable exception of the pittz game, is what we have done this season for the most part).  easy pre snap read audibles, get the ball out quick, screens, TE and beez underneath, attack deep when the cheat short and vice versa.

if josh is in control and our guys show up, we can put up a whack of points on these guys.

• Agree 1

Take what the defense gives you all day long. We have too many weapons on offense for 1 or 2 not to be open every play. Get it to the open guy and keep marching down the field. I worry that Josh will be too amped up and kill some drives taking unnecessary shots down the field especially if the game is close or we are behind. If we are ahead by a score or two, ok take a shot, but otherwise take what the defense gives you. You have Diggs and Beasley who can both get open in a phone booth, Sanders can take the top off a defense, Davis is big bodied and sure handed, and Knox is coming into his own. Running game is looking decent and both RB's can catch out of the backfield. You can't tell me the Chiefs have enough to man-up everyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Kinda worried that the chiefs D will turn around this week. Frank Clark will

be Back. That could result to them

moving chris Jones back inside where he abused us last year.

Chiefs updated their depth chart yesterday.  Jones still on the outside.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/kansas-city-chiefs-updated-depth-chart-2021-week-5/

• Thank you (+1) 1

Keep the balanced approach.  Im not saying run the ball 40 to 50 times but keep the defense guessing.  Use tempo.  Use 21 personal.  Utilize different formation once the offense finds some rhythm step on the gas.  Having Moss in the redzone helps with efficiency there.  Imo Allen, Moss, and Knox are the team best options inside the 10 and 5.  Buffalo getting 6 and not 3 is how they win.   

Edited by Mat68

We're awesome at passing and they're bad at stopping it, so pass the ball and score lots of points. If they overplay the pass and actually give Allen & company trouble, then adjust and run. But force them to ground you first. If all things are equal passing is better than running, it gets more yards and more points.

If (big if) the Bills can execute I want to see slow, grinding drives that chew up clock and create a super lopsided TOP for Buffalo. The best defense (like the NE teams of old) is to keep Mahomes on the sideline and create anxiety and urgency to score points. Maximize our possessions, give them as few as possible and we waltz out of there with a win.

Its basically how KC beat Buffalo the first time last year. They basically never let them have the ball, and when they did have it, they couldn't capitalize.

• Agree 2

Little bit of balance, i like running because it gets the physical element in our favor at times. 

As for how to attack them in the pass game?  Bunch them up, get guys in motion to get some free releases - expect them to play man and to be grabby.  Buffalo's struggled more with zone coverage this year honestly though so if they're smart they'll do more of that and force allen to beat them more with his brain.  

Edited by dneveu

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.