Spencer Brown

Udubalum07

I will be at the kc game next week. Do you think we give Cody Ford another shot next week or move Williams inside again?

In terms of do we make it a wake up call or more a permanent change.

I personally think Brown is there to stay and we move other pieces around to keep him in the lineup.

• Like (+1) 1

Did he do the push on Moss? Thought that was a heads up play, gave us a yard near the goal line and just seemed like a super-aware play by a lineman. I don't want linemen randomly maneuvering our running backs, but that seemed alright.

He also seemed about a head taller than everybody else in the huddle.

What's up with Ford, though? Heard Coach in the postgame emphatically state that "Cody Ford is a good football player" and thought it was weird. 

• Agree 1

He was an absolute BEAST out there yesterday. He was pushing guys around and then getting in their face afterwards. He is a definite road grader out there for the running game. See ya Ford!! 

Also wanna give big ups to Boogie. He was all over the place. Got a sack, caused at least on holding penalty and ruined a screen pass. He looked great. Fast off the corner.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 4

I wouldn’t get too excited as it was the Texans and they are not exactly a powerhouse in rushing the passer.  Brown has raw talent will be an excellent RT, or in the immediate swing tackle.  He has more raw power than most tackles, but he is limited in his skills against elite pass rushers with excellent bend.  A 255-265 lbs. edge rusher against a 6’8” guy is going to bend and potentially get around him at times.

Im not raining on his parade as he did well.  GB pointed out D. Williams in the past in Carolina did not do well at G, although he was playing injured or rehabbing at that time.  His knee was not 100%.  This might be the combination, but Brown will benefit from an experienced G next to him.

The important thing is not allowing Ford on the field.  I’ve said in another thread I was an apologist for him given injuries, getting moved around, etc.  He though should be an above average G by now, and he’s subpar.  If Mongo comes back this week at KC, Boettger needs to stay in there. Whatever McD decides, he knows he can’t plY Tackle by committee.  It’s either Williams or Brown at T, not a rotation.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

"Crazy World of" Spencer Brown is the god of hellfire.  Dude locked up the starting job today.  And Williams at RG?  Mongo may never start again for this team.

and Spencer Brown will make them burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

What's up with Ford, though? Heard Coach in the postgame emphatically state that "Cody Ford is a good football player" and thought it was weird. 

That’s called McD wanting to keep Ford’s head in the game because they may still need him, whether next week or later in the season.

• Agree 1

Whenever you hear about a guy needing to rediscover his motivation and love for the game he is highly suspect to me.  Not to say someone cant go through something personally (maybe we don't even know about) but the wording of this article bothered me when it came out, I thought it was a bad sign.   Doubt he will be who the Bills envisioned.....win some lose some.

I think they stick with Brown at RT and Williams at RG and then Feliciano at LG when healthy.  That leaves Boettger and Ford as backups inside.

https://buffalonews.com/bn-blitz-how-cody-fords-mental-health-coach-helped-him-rediscover-himself/article_d58e7f96-f1ab-11eb-91af-7fe4e0e67311.html

Edited by mattynh

he's going to get put in bad positions and make mistakes, but he brings a juice to the field that i haven't seen on the bills since peters was on our team.  the difference w him is instead of just being a huge heavy guy, he's an explosive athlete.  w knox balling out too, our O should be in 11 most of the season.  an extra LB on the field lets us dictate much better in the passing game, and we are so dangerous passing that as long as the running calls and execution stays consistent, we won't be running into 8 man fronts too often.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

Did he do the push on Moss? Thought that was a heads up play, gave us a yard near the goal line and just seemed like a super-aware play by a lineman. I don't want linemen randomly maneuvering our running backs, but that seemed alright.

He also seemed about a head taller than everybody else in the huddle.

Trying to keep Ford's trade value up

• Agree 1

If Bills/Beane end up with 2 viable edge rushers and a starting RT in the first 3 rounds drafting 30th each round that will be an impressive haul. Drafting like that is how you sustain success when you have the franchise QB and have to start paying market rate. 

• Like (+1) 1