Dawson Knox looking the part!

PrimeTime101

Well…SOME of us have said it would take Dawson some time and to write him off as a bust was premature.  SOME of us have said his process getting acclimated to the NFL would be similar to what Josh needed to do because of his relative inexperience.

SOME of us are enjoying this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Total stats for the year 144 yards on 15 catches with 4 TD's. He has made some terrific catches in traffic and shoestring catches. I  Know it is early but he has elevated his game and looking like a TRUE #1 TE.  This is a player that has gotten better every year and you got to give the kid credit where credit is due. He is not a top TE in this league by any means but he is getting the Job done this year. I do not remember any drops this year other then in preseason (that means nothing) that has made us say

COME ON KNOX

The TE position has been stunk for a lot of years but maybe.. just maybe.. the wheel is finally turning.. I know its early in the season but wanted to put it out there with some #'s

Agreed on Knox, but I think he had one drop in week 1 or 2 if not mistaken.  Other than that, he’s been great and made some amazing catches too

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed on Knox, but I think he had one drop in week 1 or 2 if not mistaken.  Other than that, he’s been great and made some amazing catches too

yea the drop was not horrible or blatant.. was not the best pass but should of cough it type of thing. Knox could be the next thing coming on this team

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That’s pretty savage. But funny, I’ll allow it.

Watching that video again, you know the guy that comes running in to de-escalate the situation and calm everyone down? Spencer Brown is kinda the opposite of that guy. I would PPV to hear him miced-up.

He has had a nice start to the year.  The back shoulder TD last week was great.   But at the same time, not sure I am ready to anoint him yet.  We need to let the season play out more and see who does what in big moments.  More time is needed to show he has cleaned up his ball security issues.

12 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I’m thinking Kelce and whoever else runs that are wondering why they helped him!!

Nah, these guys all work for the nfl and each team is just a different office.  The players have buddies across the league. Guys they played with in college  don't suddenly become enemies.  Just like Allen trains with palmer alongside darnold and some other qbs.

The players that put in extra work to get better are gonna be welcoming like minded fellow players unless that player is just a total jerk to other people.  Players may not stay with the same teams throughout their careers so it helps to network with fellow employees.  Gives them more first hand info on other teams to have when they are making business decisions when they are free agents.  

Edited by AuntieEm
General corrections

17 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

For many this Ertz to hear, but Knox is having a great year.

His athleticism far exceeds Ertz's. Potentially I think he can be better than Goedert (who is good).

He's made some great catches. If the drops are a thing of the past he will give the offence a significant boost from a position that has been lacking. 

Haven't really checked out his blocking this year.

56 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If we do beat the Chiefs I feel that Knox will be one of the big reasons why so hopefully his hot start carries over.

Though I am happy with Knox's progress I disagree with your statement as a whole. To beat the chiefs you have to force FG's. And I think this defense can get that job done.

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Nah, these guys all work for the nfl and each team is just a different office.  The players have buddies across the league. Guys they played with in college  don't suddenly become enemies.  Just like Allen trains with palmer alongside darnold and some other qbs.

The players that put in extra work to get better are gonna be welcoming like minded fellow players unless that player is just a total jerk to other people.  Players may not stay with the same teams throughout their careers so it helps to network with fellow employees.  Gives them more first hand info on other teams to have when they are making business decisions when they are free agents.  

yeah, makes sense, but at the same time, they want to win.  The players work for a team, not the NFL.  But I get that position groups train together in the offseason.  

He's shown enough to me that, in my opinion, Knox needs to start becoming one of the focal points on Offense.  

I'm talking, at least, 4 to 5 designed plays with Knox as the primary read per game. 

He keeps this up, and there's no way teams can cover Diggs & Sanders on the outside PLUS Knox doing his work from the TE spot.  

Edited by SCBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.