Dawson Knox looking the part!

PrimeTime101

I think he represents tremendous unfulfilled potential, though he is getting better at that all the time.

His ceiling is huge and I think he could turn into one of the big pass receiving TE threats of the league, because he has the required underlying natural talent to do it.

I would love to see him have another big game against KC, where we will need a strong performance from everyone.

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/36418/dawson-knox-emerging-as-receiving-te-threat-bills-desperately-needed

Dawson Knox emerging as receiving TE threat Bills desperately needed

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Through the first four games of the Buffalo Bills' 2021 season, the No. 1-ranked defense has been the star of the show. The Bills defense is allowing only 216.8 yards per game, has shutout two opponents and the team has a +90 scoring differential, best in the NFL by a significant margin.

Knox's four touchdown catches are the second-most in the NFL and tied for the most among tight ends (Bucs' Rob Gronkowski). He is tied with wide receivers Stefon Diggs and Cole Beasley for the most red zone targets (six) on the team and leads the team in red zone receiving yards with 29.

The third-year tight end has at least one score in each of the past three games, the first Bills tight end to do that since Charles Clay in 2016. 

On 10/4/2021 at 1:17 PM, Nextmanup said:

I think he represents tremendous unfulfilled potential, though he is getting better at that all the time.

His ceiling is huge and I think he could turn into one of the big pass receiving TE threats of the league, because he has the required underlying natural talent to do it.

I would love to see him have another big game against KC, where we will need a strong performance from everyone.

I don’t know what Knox’s ceiling is. He reminds me of a poor mans George Kittle when he is going good. I can’t think of another TE he reminds me of. He is a powerful player but not a Gronk toss it over the middle and jump up and get it type receiver either.

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don’t know what Knox’s ceiling is. He reminds me of a poor mans George Kittle when he is going good. I can’t think of another TE he reminds me of. He is a powerful player but not a Gronk toss it over the middle and jump up and get it type receiver either.

Hockenson is a pretty close comp. Same draft, 2 rounds later, and we got the same player IMO.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:19 PM, John from Riverside said:

I have defended  you all these years Dawson......keep it going :)

16 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I gave up on him this preseason and I was wrong.  I hope he keeps this up as we’ve needed an impact TE forever.  A run game and an impact TE is exactly what we need to beat KC along with front four pressure.

I was always hopeful because I loved his ceiling. The drops seemed to be a matter of concentration more than bad hands. He was looking to do MORE, which I can live with as long as he can get it under control, which he seems to have done. Everybody is going to have a drop here and there, but I think and pray the worst is behind us and he’s a top 5-10 TE in the league for years to come. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

I was always hopeful because I loved his ceiling. The drops seemed to be a matter of concentration more than bad hands. He was looking to do MORE, which I can live with as long as he can get it under control, which he seems to have done. Everybody is going to have a drop here and there, but I think and pray the worst is behind us and he’s a top 5-10 TE in the league for years to come. 

I think we need to throw him the ball more to evolve him to top 5-10. we have so many talented receivers this year so not getting him the ball as much this year is a fine problem to have. Next year I doubt we have Beasley. Next year Dawson Knox will be grown into the position where we can trust passing him the rock more.  Dawson is learning how to catch the ball and rout run from the best rout running group in the game.

Next Year I expect Dawson's #s to explode.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think we need to throw him the ball more to evolve him to top 5-10. we have so many talented receivers this year so not getting him the ball as much this year is a fine problem to have. Next year I doubt we have Beasley. Next year Dawson Knox will be grown into the position where we can trust passing him the rock more.  Dawson is learning how to catch the ball and rout run from the best rout running group in the game.

Next Year I expect Dawson's #s to explode.

He is averaging about 30 yards per game over his last 13 games. If he maintains that average he'd be at 510 yards this year. Just this year he is averaging 36 yards per game that would put him at 612 yards. I think that is the range I expect him in if he stays healthy: 500-600 yards and 8-10 touchdowns (which I know is a slowing on his current rate but I doubt 1 per game this year or 1 per every 1.4 games over his last 13 are likely sustainable long term. 600 yards and 10 touchdowns would be a brilliant year. 

14 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Hockenson is a pretty close comp. Same draft, 2 rounds later, and we got the same player IMO.

I haven’t seen too much of Hockenson play so I don’t know if that comparison is apt. Knox plays in a way that is fun to see and one that is such a fantastic complement to the WR core. He takes a lot of short passes and over the middle throws that blend in well with the passing game.

14 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Yep. I actually said that before that draft to people who wanted to spend a top 10 pick on Hockenson. Wait two rounds, take Dawson Knox, he might take an extra year to develop but physical potential you are getting a very similar player. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is averaging about 30 yards per game over his last 13 games. If he maintains that average he'd be at 510 yards this year. Just this year he is averaging 36 yards per game that would put him at 612 yards. I think that is the range I expect him in if he stays healthy: 500-600 yards and 8-10 touchdowns (which I know is a slowing on his current rate but I doubt 1 per game this year or 1 per every 1.4 games over his last 13 are likely sustainable long term. 600 yards and 10 touchdowns would be a brilliant year. 

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/tight-end-te-stats

Pretty good link here helps with good breakdowns. 

Right now they rating Knox at 73

Knox is 14th in catches, 14th in yards, Tied for first at 4 for TD's 15th in targets 

If you say look at the person ranked 8th in receptions that would be

Noah Fant. 18 receptions. Noah has 156 yards 2 TD's

Dawson Knox has 15 receptions 144 yards 4 TD's

3 more receptions when playing the law of averages would put Dawson at 172.8 yards 5 TD. Even though we have 17 games this year lets just play this at 16 so the math is easier because I am not a math dude lol.  If we just got Noah Fant's receptions for Knox that would put Knox at a 16 game pace for 691 yards and lots of TD's lol...  Those numbers would already have Knox at close to top 10. If you take Bees out of the equation next year I think Knox will be top 5-10 easy. 

Again this math is not the end of all means.. I am just saying I think we already have our #1 TE set in stone. 

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/tight-end-te-stats

Pretty good link here helps with good breakdowns. 

Right now they rating Knox at 73

Knox is 14th in catches, 14th in yards, Tied for first at 4 for TD's 15th in targets 

If you say look at the person ranked 8th in receptions that would be

Noah Fant. 18 receptions. Noah has 156 yards 2 TD's

Dawson Knox has 15 receptions 144 yards 4 TD's

3 more receptions when playing the law of averages would put Dawson at 172.8 yards 5 TD. Even though we have 17 games this year lets just play this at 16 so the math is easier because I am not a math dude lol.  If we just got Noah Fant's receptions for Knox that would put Knox at a 16 game pace for 691 yards and lots of TD's lol...  Those numbers would already have Knox at close to top 10. If you take Bees out of the equation next year I think Knox will be top 5-10 easy. 

Again this math is not the end of all means.. I am just saying I think we already have our #1 TE set in stone.

WRT Knox and Fant, or any TE for that matter, and what you semi-alluded to, look at production/targets.  Fant has been targeted 27 times and Knox 20.  Taking 27/20 (1.35) and multiplying it by Knox's stats, you get 20 catches for 194 yards and 5 TDs. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.