10/3/21 Gameday Bills vs. Texans 2nd Half Thread

Just now, BigDingus said:

Josh's big game hype level. First game of the season, Super Bowl darlings, him as an MVP favorite, fans back in the seats, etc.

Given the way he played, he was too amped up & overly excited. It's probably his biggest weakness, but I can't blame him, I'd be amped up too.

We’be already gone over this ad infinitum.  We had a game plan to attack their 2ndary, expecting them to blitz.  Instead they did a masterful job of dropping 7 or 8 into coverage and beating the ***** out of our OL with 3 or 4.  And we kept lining up in 4 or 5 wr sets, 45% of the time with no help in protection and no run threat.  Moss inactive.  Sweeney inactive.

Josh may have been hyped up but given protection and time he usually settles down.

Just now, Eddiegoofball said:

The way these guys are having fun on the sidelines, it reminds me of those early 90s Bills which is certainly not a bad thing. It means they are good and they are winning.

We used to have a lot of games like this back in the SB years! 

Easy wins against clearly inferior opponents.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Thats just dumb coaching.  Accept the loss and punt the football.

If they manage to just get in range and kick the FG, Culley is a damn idiot even Flores took the shutout because he knew his team had earned it and needed to learn from it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Josh's big game hype level. First game of the season, Super Bowl darlings, him as an MVP favorite, fans back in the seats, etc.

Given the way he played, he was too amped up & overly excited. It's probably his biggest weakness, but I can't blame him, I'd be amped up too.

Yep. Hard to disagree. As bad as they played, still should’ve won. Silver lining is it seems to have humbled them. They’ve been locked in since.