Patriots* Fan Trolls Belichick with Billboard

devldog131

5 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Disagree, this board was turning on Dabol after 2 games of the season, so...🤷‍♂️

I don't doubt there would be some like that, but I'm not that kind of fan. I still love me some Marv and always will. Now give me a HC that got 6 SB's also adding multiple SB appearances....I' don't see any other way to be but 100% appreciative no matter how it goes years later.

No team is going to win forever....

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't doubt there would be some like that, but I'm not that kind of fan. I still love me some Marv and always will. Now give me a HC that got 6 SB's also adding multiple SB appearances....I' don't see any other way to be but 100% appreciative no matter how it goes years later.

No team is going to win forever....

Brady seems to. That's the point of contention...

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Let's just set the waaay-back machine to TBD the Monday after the Pittsburgh game right?

😈

Has this staff given us 6 Super Bowl wins and one of the greatest dynasties in NFL history? Cmon. It isnt even comparable, and we've still never treated our winning coaches this poorly.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Has this staff given us 6 Super Bowl wins and one of the greatest dynasties in NFL history? Cmon. It isnt even comparable, and we've still never treated our winning coaches this poorly.

Exactly....for some reason the posters saying that are not distinguishing the obvious part of " 6 SB wins" when attempting to pointlessly compare  these other Bills coaches Wade, week 1 etc

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

I am old enough to remember when that fan base basically didn't exist.  The Pats* were the fourth pro team in Boston, both chronologically and in terms of fan support.  Some locals discovered they had a football team in 1985 (remember this?) and then immediately forgot again after they got steamrolled by the Bears.  The team almost freaking moved to St. Louis and from what I remember, few people even cared.

The team started gaining relevance, at least in southern New England, in the '90s when Bill Parcells showed up.  They drafted Drew Bledsoe #1 overall and changed their uniforms and logo.  Then came the Brady/Belichick era.  By the mid-2000s if you mentioned Steve Grogan or John Hannah to most Pats* "fans," you got blank stares.  For all intents and purposes, for most Pats* "fans," it was almost like Boston got an expansion franchise in the mid-90s.  It's not a devoted, long-suffering fan base.  There just aren't enough diehards from the old days because there weren't many to begin with.

Don't insult Bills fans by comparing these yahoos to us.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This staff has turned a franchise that could not even sniff the playoffs since 1999 into one that has made it each year under McDermott except for 2018 and has gone deeper each successive year since 2018.

Look back on how the fanbase was with Wade Phillips. He was a pretty good coach for this franchise turning over an aging roster of fan-favorites while still keeping the team competitive, yet as fans we could not wait to move on. That really worked out well for the team as it ushered in another dark age for the franchise.

The Bills drop one game and see how quickly the doom and gloom folks appear. I think even with SBs trophies in the display case we would still see the "what have you done for us lately" crowd as every team has them and we are no exception.

Some of us fans take a more nuanced big-picture approach - they are not that hard to pick out of the crowd after a loss.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BRH said:

I am old enough to remember when that fan base basically didn't exist.  The Pats* were the fourth pro team in Boston, both chronologically and in terms of fan support.  Some locals discovered they had a football team in 1985 (remember this?) and then immediately forgot again after they got steamrolled by the Bears.  The team almost freaking moved to St. Louis and from what I remember, few people even cared.

The team started gaining relevance, at least in southern New England, in the '90s when Bill Parcells showed up.  They drafted Drew Bledsoe #1 overall and changed their uniforms and logo.  Then came the Brady/Belichick era.  By the mid-2000s if you mentioned Steve Grogan or John Hannah to most Pats* "fans," you got blank stares.  For all intents and purposes, for most Pats* "fans," it was almost like Boston got an expansion franchise in the mid-90s.  It's not a devoted, long-suffering fan base.  There just aren't enough diehards from the old days because there weren't many to begin with.

Don't insult Bills fans by comparing these yahoos to us.

Why are you guys comparing what one fan does to a whole fan base? 2nd. this statement here is completely wrong, have you spoken to every NE fan, no you obviously haven't because there are plenty of fans post Drew Bledsoe that's been fans since the 85 bears beat them down in the SB. It's like every other fan base. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Why are you guys comparing what one fan does to a whole fan base? 2nd. this statement here is completely wrong, have you spoken to every NE fan, no you obviously haven't because there are plenty of fans post Drew Bledsoe that's been fans since the 85 bears beat them down in the SB. It's like every other fan base. 

It really isn't, though.  Also, why are you still here?

Because we hate NE and it is easier to apply the single-coat of douchebag paint with a wide brush - obviously :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

With all the history I am not sure how anyone can still defend Belichick.  He is a sub par head coach that took a flyer on a player that ended up being the best of all time.   All the data proves that without Brady, Belichick is a good defensive coordinator and nothing more.    I'd even go as far to say  in the his later year in NE, Brady won games despite Belichick being a terrible GM.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

I really agree with this. I dont understand how Pats fans can be angry at BB. It defies logic. No wonder athletes and coaches many times get fed up with fans. 

I think the ones who are angry are the ones who became fans post 2000. So all they've known is winning and therefore see winning as their right. 

Any fan who experienced Dick McPherson would never act like that toward a guy who won them 6 championships 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I get your point, but it's more than one fan. And before you say it, yes I agree every fan base has these types of "fans", however with that said, it's been brought up many, many occasions by lots of people that Pats fans (not every single one of course, but enough it's been noticed and talked about) come off as spoiled and unappreciative. 

Pats fans got to experience a level of success over a very rare long period of time I guess it went to their heads?

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I think the ones who are angry are the ones who became fans post 2000. So all they've known is winning and therefore see winning as their right. 

Any fan who experienced Dick McPherson would never act like that toward a guy who won them 6 championships 

Likely the case for majority. I specifically know of  6 "fans" of whom back before Brady said they were fans of another team(s). Then specifically after Brady's 2nd SB all of a sudden 3 of those 6 were Pats fans. Made no sense. The other 3 jumped ship when the dynasty crap started

17 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I get your point, but it's more than one fan. And before you say it, yes I agree every fan base has these types of "fans", however with that said, it's been brought up many, many occasions by lots of people that Pats fans (not every single one of course, but enough it's been noticed and talked about) come off as spoiled and unappreciative. 

Pats fans got to experience a level of success over a very rare long period of time I guess it went to their heads?

Pretty  much that is it though. Some fans can be irrational no matter what the laundry is. Like some already said, Bills lose a game and there's plenty of fans taken shots at the HC and Offensive coordinator. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

Pretty  much that is it though. Some fans can be irrational no matter what the laundry is. Like some already said, Bills lose a game and there's plenty of fans taken shots at the HC and Offensive coordinator. 

Yes that is very true. However to me the difference and pretty big difference is that BB is basically the biggest factor other than Brady in playing a part for 6 SB wins. Also the other SB appearances they came up short, but were AFC Champs.

imo it's just a very large amount of success there and it's a crap move to pull that nonsense like they did with it being only the 2nd year moved from Brady and attempting to develop a rookie QB. I mean it's like they expect stuff like that not to matter and should still be Championship caliber regardless.

13 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yes that is very true. However to me the difference and pretty big difference is that BB is basically the biggest factor other than Brady in playing a part for 6 SB wins. Also the other SB appearances they came up short, but were AFC Champs.

imo it's just a very large amount of success there and it's a crap move to pull that nonsense like they did with it being only the 2nd year moved from Brady and attempting to develop a rookie QB. I mean it's like they expect stuff like that not to matter and should still be Championship caliber regardless.

It's someone trolling BB like what you guys are doing.  I am sure if this was you guys(with the same success).... a group of you would be upset that McD and the Bills let Allen go to another franchise. I mean BB does have his enemies up here too. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

23 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

It's someone trolling BB like what you guys are doing.  I am sure if this was you guys(with the same success).... a group of you would be upset that McD and the Bills let Allen go to another franchise. I mean BB does have his enemies up here too. 

I'm sure it would be a few. I wouldn't though, or couldn't. One should expect players to move on eventually, it's part of the NFL. Speaking for myself, if Bills won 6 SB's with Allen and if he's a Bill for as long as Brady was (which is rare), I'd be proud and appreciative for the time he was a Bill along with the HC.

I wouldn't give up on a 6 time SB HC 2 yrs after Allen left just because things are in a rebuild. Yeah, I couldn't 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I'm sure it would be a few. I wouldn't though, or couldn't. One should expect players to move on eventually, it's part of the NFL. Speaking for myself, if Bills won 6 SB's with Allen and if he's a Bill for as long as Brady was (which is rare), I'd be proud and appreciative for the time he was a Bill along with the HC.

I wouldn't give up on a 6 time SB HC 2 yrs after Allen left just because things are in a rebuild. Yeah, I couldn't 

At that point if you continued thinking it was the coach, not the QB, i guess you can be excused for the rest of your bad and wrong opinions

5 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

At that point if you continued thinking it was the coach, not the QB, i guess you can be excused for the rest of your bad and wrong opinions

Well I think the majority of ppl, fans all around knew without Brady they struggle. I mean whatever the case, my main point is I would be a little more appreciative of the success that no team any time soon or maybe ever will do or surpass what they did instead of putting up a billboard talking ***** about the coach 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

If a coach were to bring us even ONE Super Bowl victory... heck, he could bang my wife for all I care. Let alone SIX!?! He could kick my dog while banging my wife.

And afterwards the only billboard I would put up would say "Thanks for the Lombardi Trophy!"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If a coach were to bring us even ONE Super Bowl victory... heck, he could bang my wife for all I care. Let alone SIX!?! He could kick my dog while banging my wife.

And afterwards the only billboard I would put up would say "Thanks for the Lombardi Trophy!"

Could not agree more! Hell I can't begin to imagine the feeling of 6 rings. Honestly it's a strong possibility I would have had a heart attack, stroke, or something that would have killed me from the overwhelming excitement from it and the partying. lol

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Ammusing I guess as it sums up a large majority of Patriot bandwagon fans. 

I highly doubt if McD, Beane and Allen brought us 6 SB championships between 2002-2019 we would be A$$hats to McD/Beane post Allen. 

Probably the same Patriots fans that called Belichick a genuine for drafting “the next Brady” in Mac Jones 4 weeks ago.

Seriously though what’s the point of this - do they want BB fired? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Even with that though..there is winning and then there is winning. What the Pats did, even if you were a fan starting 2000, is unmatched. What is there to be bitter about? 

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

They're not treating that guy bad at all. In fact, they hold Tom Brady in high esteem.

4 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I believe we will see what Belicheck is made of this week. I am guessing he would do anything in his power to beat Brady and slow down this narrative. 

Since Belichick is a below average HC without Tom Brady as his QB, good luck with that!

Edited by Beast

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Probably the same Patriots fans that called Belichick a genuine for drafting “the next Brady” in Mac Jones 4 weeks ago.

Seriously though what’s the point of this - do they want BB fired? 

Lol, I could not have a legit conversation or take anyone seriously if they really believed that. I would totally take it as a joke if someone said that lol, I don't think any QB will be the "next Brady" and accomplish what he has in the foreseeable future, maybe ever. Someone may get multiple SB's but it's going to take a REALLY, REALLY, special player to get as many rings as Brady has.