Never Saw This in a Game Before

K-9

34 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

3 thoughts.

1.  Yeah that is weird, I can see how that threw off his concentration.

2.  It didn't affect the flight that much, think he probably shouldve caught it.

3.  His non-existence as a WR helped me lose a fantasy game.  UGH!!!

Imagine catching a punt...just Imagine it. You're focused on the ball for like 5 long seconds. Your watching it all the way into your hands. Nothing but brown ball and blue sky.

Just as the ball gets to you, bright yellow flashes across your vision, smacks the ball with a thud, and bounces away.

Whatwasthat?!?

Drop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

What happened with the bird example? Did they just re-do the pitch and not count it?

No pitch call

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_pitch

"One of the most famous no pitch calls occurred when Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Randy Johnson hit a bird with a pitch. During a spring training game on March 24, 2001, Johnson's fastball struck and killed a dove that swooped across the infield after Johnson released the pitch.[3] MLB's chief umpire noted that under Rule 8.01(c),[2] umpires can make calls in situations not covered by the rules using "common sense and fair play," and here a no pitch call "was the fairest thing to do."[4] This no pitch call is so well known that there are more Google search results for "Randy Johnson bird" than there are for "Randy Johnson baseball."[5]"

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

No pitch call

"One of the most famous no pitch calls occurred when Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Randy Johnson hit a bird with a pitch. During a spring training game on March 24, 2001, Johnson's fastball struck and killed a dove that swooped across the infield after Johnson released the pitch.[3] MLB's chief umpire noted that under Rule 8.01(c),[2] umpires can make calls in situations not covered by the rules using "common sense and fair play," and here a no pitch call "was the fairest thing to do."[4] This no pitch call is so well known that there are more Google search results for "Randy Johnson bird" than there are for "Randy Johnson baseball."[5]"

Makes sense, thank you!

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This reminded me of when the ref threw the flag into Orlando Brown's eye.  Whilst looking for video, I learned that Brown died back in 2011 from diabetes complications.  I had no idea he died!!

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

No pitch call

I’m sure the bird was relieved to know it was ruled that there was no pitch....

8 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Makes you think...that dove was actually a grandmother🧐

@CuseBill

What a horrible post!  Do you know how many people you just offended with that comment? That dove was probably someone's cherished pet and everyone on here whoever had a dove as a pet is really upset.  C'mon man, that's disgusting.😉

• Haha (+1) 2