How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after squeaking into the playoffs?

How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after winning three playoff games on the road?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after winning three playoff games on the road?

• Fulfilled/peaceful on my deathbed
    • Still craving two home playoff wins and then a Super Bowl
    • Other (please explain)
    • Shut up, Giuseppe; this is obviously just another "Josh Allen sucks in front of home fans" thread disguised as something else.

As a Yankees fan who is watching the most inexplicable season of ups and downs and strange happenings in franchise history near it's regular season end..........I can tell you that a championship this season would be the most memorable of their many to me.

So the Bills going 9-8 and somehow surviving the playoffs and winning the SB would probably top anything they could do short of going undefeated from beginning to end..........and frankly chasing being undefeated would probably be no less stressful than losing 8 regular season games.

I will add that I will not be lamenting whether the Bills won or did not win a SB on my death bed.    I know those people are out there but it's less people than those people think.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As a Yankees fan who is watching the most inexplicable season of ups and downs and strange happenings in franchise history near it's regular season end..........I can tell you that a championship this season would be the most memorable of their many to me.

So the Bills going 9-8 and somehow surviving the playoffs and winning the SB would probably top anything they could do short of going undefeated from beginning to end..........and frankly chasing being undefeated would probably be no less stressful than losing 8 regular season games.

I will add that I will not be lamenting whether the Bills won or did not win a SB on my death bed.    I know those people are out there but it's less people than those people think.  

I'm afraid to say I might be one of those people

36 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I am not making anything up. Please stop accusing me of lying. I try really hard to never do that and I don't appreciate your incessant slander.

Would you rather have me refer to you as insane?   Read through the thread.  You’ll get it!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

as a Nationals fan… I agree!   What happened in 2019 was magical.  Didn’t have home field advantage for the two NL series or the WS, but still won it all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CuseBill said:

I'm afraid to say I might be one of those people

Sorry to hear that.   Yeah it's an OCD........we're naturally conditioned to find something to obsess about.

I was obsessed enough with the results in the late 90's that I actively took steps to put it in perspective.  

One of the first and most important steps was forgiving the officiating crews in advance.........permanently.   Letting that go in the wake of "just give it to em'" and HR throw forward really made the rest of it easy.

Next step.......remember they are a thriving business.   Hold them accountable for their product.  That involves letting go of a fraction of that "suspended disbelief" that's required to have an allegiance to some billionaires team that he wants you to spend money on.   I'm more of a fan of Bills fans than I am of the NFL product with the name on it.........but I robustly support the franchise........because it benefits us as a whole.

I still love being a Bills fan........I still have empathy for the organization and players where it's really warranted........but I have it in perspective that the losing has zero to do with me and the winning is just the icing on the cake.   The cake is being focused on the process.........knowing the game and the players.......following the draft and free agency.......getting ready for the tailgating season........getting ready for individual games......the actual gatherings....discussing and debating the team etc..

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why would anyone care how the Bills got to and won a SB?

However based on your scenario chances would be very slim because even though TB did it last year, very few teams have won 3 straight road games to get to a SB and then actually win it.

Best bet for the Bills is still to secure one of the top 2 seeds and ensure at least one home playoff game.

I didnt read this thread past the OP...but I already want to nominate it as one of the worst threads of the year.  

Why would anyone not like a SB win?  This might be the more ridiculous question I have ever seen asked on here ever.  Im dumfounded its gone on 5 pages.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didnt read this thread past the OP...but I already want to nominate it as one of the worst threads of the year.  

Why would anyone not like a SB win?  This might be the more ridiculous question I have ever seen asked on here ever.  Im dumfounded its gone on 5 pages.

OP was "asking for a friend". 😉

It doesn't matter how you get there to win it, as long as you win it. Nobody is ever taking it away no matter how 'lucky', 'bogus', or any other 'sour grapes' spin on it that other fan bases might profess.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I would feel just as happy as I would if they went 16-1 and won the SB. Don't care what/how it's done. None of that matters at all if they win the SB

I'm going to change my answer to,....If they only "squeaked" into playoffs and ended up going the distance to win the SB, words can't express how enraged and disgusted I would be. It would totally 100% be a b.s bogus SB victory and I in no way, shape, or form would recognize it as a legit Championship.

Also would throw my Allen jersey in the middle of the highway....

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Sorry to hear that.   Yeah it's an OCD........we're naturally conditioned to find something to obsess about.

I was obsessed enough with the results in the late 90's that I actively took steps to put it in perspective.  

One of the first and most important steps was forgiving the officiating crews in advance.........permanently.   Letting that go in the wake of "just give it to em'" and HR throw forward really made the rest of it easy.

Next step.......remember they are a thriving business.   Hold them accountable for their product.  That involves letting go of a fraction of that "suspended disbelief" that's required to have an allegiance to some billionaires team that he wants you to spend money on.   I'm more of a fan of Bills fans than I am of the NFL product with the name on it.........but I robustly support the franchise........because it benefits us as a whole.

I still love being a Bills fan........I still have empathy for the organization and players where it's really warranted........but I have it in perspective that the losing has zero to do with me and the winning is just the icing on the cake.   The cake is being focused on the process.........knowing the game and the players.......following the draft and free agency.......getting ready for the tailgating season........getting ready for individual games......the actual gatherings....discussing and debating the team etc..

I was really kidding, but thanks for a few minutes on Dr. Badolbilz's therapy couch!  I really do have a fun and healthy perspective on being a Bills fan, which I have been for over 50 years.  I haven't jumped off any bridges yet, but getting on this thread with Giuseppe's post may just put me there! 

• Like (+1) 1