9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

This is a huge loss imo. Week 1 or not. Now we go to miami for their home opener who weve owned and is going to want to return the favor. Its not a good feeling right now

Yah it really is, Miami and Tua are playing pretty good so far in NE too.

I know it's cliche but next week is a true must win for the Bills or this season could spiral out of control quickly.

Just now, vincec said:

I didn't get the sense that they had an attitude problem. I think they had a game plan problem on offense.

I think we have an OC problem.  If I'm Bean I'm having a talk with Daboll after today's disaster, which follows other similar disasters against good defenses.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RyanC883 said:

OC needs to be better also.  You play one dimensional, you lose to good teams.  Every time.  

I like Josh. But the reality he looked like 2019 Josh. And Daboll looked like 2019 Daboll when many were calling for his job. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wouldn’t be the first time.  But I thought he was way slower than bojo getting it off 

I agree with you, he was too slow getting the punt off, esp. since Steelers showed a max blitz/block on the play.  Shouldn't have been a surprise.  And some punters would have you know, moved to the side, etc.  

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Dude get a grip I ain't worshiping anyone.  Anyone thinking they can build, coach and play better just makes me laugh.

It's a long season and i watch the games to see what happens.

Who said they can coach better?

or play or build?

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It’s a disappointment, no question about that.

But it may be a necessary “attitude adjustment” for the team

Yes, this could be such a blessing in disguise. Any extra negativity I might have doesn’t come from a place of this game signaling doom, it just comes from having Steelers fans in my family 😂

Today In retrospect I’m thankful for the following.

We have our Franchise Qb

Daboll  didn’t leave for a head coaching gig 

Levi won or kept  the number two job.we are fine with the depth behind Trey

We kept the oline together

we drafted heavily on D line

we improved our punter

Zach is back healthy after his injury last season

and the Browns are not for real

On to week two! 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Are you watching the game?  It’s a matter of time…

This game is going to be a high scoring one for both sides. 

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Say what you want about Haak, this protection is unacceptable. 

Shame on Haak for not blocking all those ppl before he punted it. Lordy, I think our blockers didn't realize the ball got hiked with that poor effort.

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why does sloppy mean overconfident? They were definitely sloppy no doubt about that.  It's the first game of the season and they were going up against a top 5 defense in the league I dont think they came out like yeaaa this is an easy win lol 

It’s a fair question you ask.  At this point I struggle to quantify it.  I guess I felt there were some puzzling choices in play selections and choices that, together with sloppiness in execution, seems like something you see when the team/coaches are “overconfident” and don’t feel they need to pull out all the stops to win it.

For any of you that weren’t there, the winds gusted all day long and affected both qb’s greatly. The O line was indeed awful today and Josh wasn’t on the top of his game, but I haven’t seen anyone talking about the winds today. Both qb’s completion percentages and accuracy were greatly affected. 

• Thank you (+1) 1