Are we going to be like the obnoxious and unbearable Patriot fans?

Leonitas

So after so very many seasons of futility, you are asking if Bills fans will lord it up when conversing with other teams fans? 

the answer is kinda 50/50 half the fan base absolutely will, the other half will be more low keyed about it, but will get their jabs in…, but in a more nuanced way,

Sure hope we get to find out👍

Go Bills!!!

I can certainly understand how Patriots* fans would be considered the benchmark for obnoxious fans. All my in-laws are Pats* fans, but it's not just Patriots* football they're interminably obnoxious about. Honestly, I think it just has more to do with being from Boston. Don't get me wrong, I love Boston, I love (most of) my in-laws, and I have blood relatives in Boston, as well. It's a wonderful city, and if you're there, and stop somebody to ask for directions, you'll get a far more involved description than you could imagine, and their life story. But, make no mistake-- the other side of that talkative, and friendly coin is some serious Grade A douche-baggery, that they themselves refer fo as being a "Masshole."

So, fear not. There have been other teams that have achieved sustained success in the history of the NFL, that didn't fall into a pattern of being insufferable dickheads. Believe it, or not, there's been a saying in other parts of NFL fandom that states: "The best thing about the Bills, are the fans." I think that will continue, even after a Super Bowl, or two. 

• Like (+1) 1

Patriot fans smell like rotten chowder and two tons of rotten tuna. Tim Robinson No GIF by The Lonely Island

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I would like us to continue to be known as the fanbase that bombards charities with donations

12 minutes ago, Billyboy said:

If the Bills win a super bowl you should all bombard me with donations.  You can call me Charity.  100 grand should do it. 

Edited by Billyboy

Gotta be honest, I am on an AFC East Facebook page and there are a bunch of obnoxious Bills fans over there already.  Hoping they are the minority.  I am all for celebrating a good team but I don't see the point in being a jerk to other teams (maybe unless they were jerks first).

5 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

My guess is that the obnoxious and unbearable fans for every team are pretty much that way in other areas of their lives. The blame doesn't lie with the sports team...

Agreed. If you're an insufferable gasbag you're an insufferable gasbag. Winning won't change that for many. It was never my style during the Super Bowl years and it won't be now. I enjoy celebrating Bills success with my family and fellow Bills fans, I don't need to go screaming it at others who don't care or whom I don't care about. Honestly, a lot of Bills fans are obnoxious now on social media every time they perceive some real or imagined slight against the team.

• Like (+1) 1

Back when I was working I could get pretty obnoxious during the Super Bowl years.  

One time a co-worker told me "I never thought the NFL season was too long until I sat next to you." 

Another time my boss got mad at me when he didn't like my response to  questions posed by one of the lawyers in a mock setting for a future trial.  I got mad back at him because I thought I gave honest answers (which was not what the lawyer was looking for) to the questions.  I yelled back at my boss "I don't care if he doesn't want me testifying, Do whatever you want, I'm going to the Super Bowl in 2 weeks."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.