The Athletic's #1 reason the Bills won't hoist Lombardi (note the final paragraph)

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You really shouldn’t bet your house on that that maybe the worst take possible if you don’t think the best slot receiver in football will be signed within a week probably by New England or Kansas City just to rub it in the Bills faces you got another thing coming  

Definitely said I would TRADE Beasley, not cut him outright so he can land on a threat to the division/conference.

Also Homer’s tend to overvalue him, he’s an undersized WR in his 30’s coming off a broken leg, likely not much tread left on those tires.  Josh made Beasley an “All Pro” last year, guys don’t just suddenly turn into All Pro WR’s at 31.  
I’m Bullish on the WRs behind him, and if they could find a trade partner, plus bringing back a WR Josh has established chemistry with in Smoke, while ridding the locker room of divisiveness and adding some draft capital for what’s supposed to be an absolute stacked draft class, that’s a win, win, win, win scenario right there. 

I get he’s a fan favorite, but I’m over all that nonsense. Beas is a good player, but hardly irreplaceable and I’m a fan of the team first and foremost, not an individual who might be here another year, or two tops.  If you think he’s in Beane’s long term plans, I don’t think you’ve paid attention to the way Brandon runs a football team.

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Definitely said I would TRADE Beasley, not cut him outright so he can land on a threat to the division/conference.

Also Homer’s tend to overvalue him, he’s an undersized WR in his 30’s coming off a broken leg, likely not much tread left on those tires.  Josh made Beasley an “All Pro” last year, guys don’t just suddenly turn into All Pro WR’s at 31.  
I’m Bullish on the WRs behind him, and if they could find a trade partner, plus bringing back a WR Josh has established chemistry with in Smoke, while ridding the locker room of divisiveness and adding some draft capital for what’s supposed to be an absolute stacked draft class, that’s a win, win, win, win scenario right there. 

I get he’s a fan favorite, but I’m over all that nonsense. Beas is a good player, but hardly irreplaceable and I’m a fan of the team first and foremost, not an individual who might be here another year, or two tops.  If you think he’s in Beane’s long term plans, I don’t think you’ve paid attention to the way Brandon runs a football team.

You better try to trade him cause next week he’d be catching underneath passes from Mac Jones 

On 9/4/2021 at 7:49 AM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Vaccinated and non-vaccinated people are getting Covid. 

How does your team being 100% vaccinated make your players less likely to contact the virus? 

I have nothing against vaccinated people, or unvacciated people, fyi. 

The vaccine works and you are much much less likely to get it if vaxxed. Vast majority of those in denial are politically stuck in neutral and will never accept the facts. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

The vaccine works and you are much much less likely to get it if vaxxed. Vast majority of those in denial are politically stuck in neutral and will never accept the facts. 

I'm not Anti-vaccine 

But when I got my MMR vaccine... I never get measles mumps rubella

There are a lot of people who do get the vaccine and get coronavirus.. maybe that changes some of their opinions to not get it

Like why bother if I can still get it

If A lot of people got polio after getting the polio vaccine maybe lots wouldn't get it... Maybe that is their thinking 

Just spit balling 

And I am vaccinated

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/4/2021 at 9:16 AM, 4merper4mer said:

The good news is that if the Bills are one of the 31 teams that don’t win the Super Bowl, some douche will find a way to point to his article as the reason by using twisted pretzel logic because a backup’s third cousin got sick.  Hooray for journalism.

image.gif.132f74a35daf4a2061adf663683a9ffa.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/3/2021 at 11:24 PM, Scott7975 said:

I completely respect peoples choice to get vaccinated or not but ffs follow the rules and stop making a mockery of it.  Unprofessional and selfish to do that IMO.

to show up to a league presentation on covid and not wear the mask would have me thinking hard about cutting even a starting level guy. 

no matter where you stand on covid - that’s insulting to your teammates and your shared championship goals. 

On 9/4/2021 at 8:21 AM, galept said:

If we lose a game and had players sitting at home during that game because they didn't get vaxxed, I'm not sure how those players could look their team, or the fans in the eye after that and be proud of their decision.

These players have sacrificed their bodies for this game, some of which may have brain issues later in life that leads to an early decline. No physician would recommend doing what they're doing because of the risks. But a shot? A shot is where they draw the line, which is probably recommended by just about all physicians.

It defies all logic.

I will chime in here because this feels like common sense and not politics… but yea. It’s a really strange place to draw the line in the sand on what you will or won’t do to be in the league. 

shoot up with a wild array of painkillers and sustain brain damage? Sure.

take a covid shot? Heeeeelll no. 

It’s not particularly logical. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:14 AM, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not Anti-vaccine 

There are a lot of people who do get the vaccine and get coronavirus.. maybe that changes some of their opinions to not get it

If A lot of people got polio after getting the polio vaccine maybe lots wouldn't get it... Maybe that is their thinking 

Just spit balling 

And I am vaccinated

Why bother wearing a seatbelt if you can still die in a car accident?

Why bother wearing a condom if you can still get a girl pregnant?

Why bother wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle when you can still die if you get into an accident?

Why... well... ya know...

Whatever anyone's reasons might be for not getting vaccinated, that one would be stupid.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 9/6/2021 at 2:14 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not Anti-vaccine 

Just spit balling 

And I am vaccinated

If I remove posts like this, I'm a Devil Moderator for "censoring" (even though censorship doesn't apply to a private entity like company or private board)

If I leave them and the discussion takes off then "Look at what's become of the Board, it's so full of Politics and Covid it's swamping out football"

Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

-----------------------------------------

NFL data on preseason.  The NFL's Chief Medical Officer, Vanderbilt Neurosurgeon Dr Allen Stills, shared data that 7x more unvaccinated players tested positive during training camp and preseason.

According to Sills, there were 68 positive results among 7,190 tests for the virus between Aug. 1 to Aug. 21, for a positivity rate of 0.95 percent. Vaccinated players tested positive at a rate of 0.3 percent, while unvaccinated players tested positive at a rate seven times higher (2.2 percent), Sills added.

These data are consistent with recently published big studies in the US.   Stills also stated they have not seen any intra-facility spread.

If a painless injection made a player 7x or 5x or even 3x less likely to suffer a knee injury and significantly decreased the severity of knee injuries that still occur, we both know that NFL players would be lining up out the door to take it and we wouldn't be hearing "well if I take it, I could still get injured so Why Bother?"

If players are in fact not getting vaccinated because "why bother if I can still get it" that's Stinkin' Thinkin'.  You can wear a seatbelt and still get injured or killed in a car accident.  Smart to wear it anyway because overall, the risk of death is decreased and the risk of serious injury is significantly lowered.

You don't get polio, measles mumps or rubella because *drumroll* near universal childhood vaccination in the US makes exposure to any of these diseases rare, not because all 3 of those vaccines provide perfect immunity upon exposure.  

Any chance you can stop beating this drum now?  It's not the first or second or third time you've made similar statements and had them addressed.

• Like (+1) 4

On 9/4/2021 at 10:46 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it would be McKenzie, and Stevenson would take his place as the KR/PR.

I think we signed Sanders because we essentially want 2 Beasley skill-sets out there at once, which purpose would be defeated by turning Sanders into Beasley so to speak.

But McKenzie right now is a step down from Bease.  Taron Johnson talked about this in an interview, how Beasley is like a "cheat code" to make him a better CB because he's so supurb at reading the defense and figuring out where the gaps will be.  Johnson carefully tried to compliment and not disparage Lil' Dirty, but he made it clear that in "football intelligence" it's a long step down from Bease.

Taron Johnson is a very smart football player as well so that comment means a lot.  Taron studied the Ravens routes and read Lamar Jacksons eyes and pretty much knew where the ball was headed and he get that pick six which really sealed that game for the Bills.

It would be very difficult to replace Beasley, he was spectacular in getting first downs, he and J Allen "communicate" wonderfully and his ball security was second to none.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Taron Johnson is a very smart football player as well so that comment means a lot.  Taron studied the Ravens routes and read Lamar Jacksons eyes and pretty much knew where the ball was headed and he get that pick six which really sealed that game for the Bills.

It would be very difficult to replace Beasley, he was spectacular in getting first downs, he and J Allen "communicate" wonderfully and his ball security was second to none.

That last is a super-important and often overlooked point.

Beasley shows up prominently in a bunch of Josh Allen highlight films from last season, and one thing that really struck me was how fantastic Beasley's ball security is.  He is often getting hit, upended, and rolled immediately after the play and I think that's where a lesser receiver would lose the ball resulting in either an incompletion or a fumble.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If I remove posts like this, I'm a Devil Moderator for "censoring" (even though censorship doesn't apply to a private entity like company or private board)

If I leave them and the discussion takes off then "Look at what's become of the Board, it's so full of Politics and Covid it's swamping out football"

Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

-----------------------------------------

NFL data on preseason.  The NFL's Chief Medical Officer, Vanderbilt Neurosurgeon Dr Allen Stills, shared data that 7x more unvaccinated players tested positive during training camp and preseason.

These data are consistent with recently published big studies in the US.   Stills also stated they have not seen any intra-facility spread.

If a painless injection made a player 7x or 5x or even 3x less likely to suffer a knee injury and significantly decreased the severity of knee injuries that still occur, we both know that NFL players would be lining up out the door to take it and we wouldn't be hearing "well if I take it, I could still get injured so Why Bother?"

If players are in fact not getting vaccinated because "why bother if I can still get it" that's Stinkin' Thinkin'.  You can wear a seatbelt and still get injured or killed in a car accident.  Smart to wear it anyway because overall, the risk of death is decreased and the risk of serious injury is significantly lowered.

You don't get polio, measles mumps or rubella because *drumroll* near universal childhood vaccination in the US makes exposure to any of these diseases rare, not because all 3 of those vaccines provide perfect immunity upon exposure.  

Any chance you can stop beating this drum now?  It's not the first or second or third time you've made similar statements and had them addressed.

Sorry hap but people are talking about it and my statement is the opinions of others 

This has nothing to do with science or anything.. this is talking about somebody's personal belief.. not even my belief

If somebody feels a certain way you can't change the way they feel..

Cole Beasley and everybody is not going to have their mind changed..  

Beasley is quoted as saying "once unvaxxed players get cut , they are losing their dreams they've worked their entire lives for over a vaccine that is not proven to keep people from contacting covid"

This is Not my opinion Hap.. there are others in the NFL community that have this opinion and I just said what it is 

It has nothing to do with science politics sports religion or anything.. 

I'm Not beating the drum for anything 

This is the opinion of people in the NFL.. and coles and others opinions 

It's that simple at the end of the day.. and Cole said he speaks for others who can't .. so he obviously thinks he speaks for some people

Edited by Buffalo716

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sorry hap but people are talking about it and my statement is the opinions of others 

"But when I got my MMR vaccine... I never get measles mumps rubella

There are a lot of people who do get the vaccine and get coronavirus.. maybe that changes some of their opinions to not get it"

When I'm talking about other people's opinions, I usually don't lead off "when I got... I never get"

That's usually the language people use when they're discussing their own belief and experience.  Thus the confusion.

Most of us (at least here in the midwest) know all too much about people's misinformation-based reasons for not getting vaccinated, and don't need to have the misinformation reprised as though it's correct or meaningful.

This has nothing to do with science or anything.. this is talking about somebody's personal belief.. not even my belief

If somebody feels a certain way you can't change the way they feel..

"There are a lot of people who do get the vaccine and get coronavirus.. maybe that changes some of their opinions to not get it

Like why bother if I can still get it"

That's an opinion based on misinformation provided by the news/podcasts/internet sites they frequent. 

Sometimes when presented with actual data and correct information, people realize their opinion is mistaken and change it.   

That's how it's supposed to work.  We're not talking about matters that really should be left to personal taste, like how you feel about rap music or Mighty Taco or White-on-White decor. 

As far as Beasley:

Cole Beasley and everybody is not going to have their mind changed.. 

I think you're absolutely correct but not for the reasons stated.  His beliefs go far deeper down the conspiracy wormhole than the idea that the vaccine doesn't keep people from getting Covid (not naming my source, but it's good).  I'm not going to give them airplay by explaining them here, as though they have factual credence.

Your statement "it has nothing to do with science politics sports religion or anything" is beyond what I'll debate here, but IMO it Damned Straight has everything to do with science (and whether people understand and value science, or No), with politics, and sometimes religion.

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Beasley is quoted as saying "once unvaxxed players get cut , they are losing their dreams they've worked their entire lives for over a vaccine that is not proven to keep people from contacting covid"

How to put it nicely?

If those Unvaxxed players Beasley refers to are willing to lose their Football dreams over a vaccine that underwent full safety and clinical trials and which is now up to 376 MILLION doses served in US alone with low % side effects, that shows the relative value they put on their Dreams, vs. the advice they get off their Handheld Device (as Ron Rivera puts it).

Many (if not all) of us have been required to get one or another vaccine either as a condition of attending school, military service, employment, or travel.  You meet me, crack a beer and ask me about being required to get Heptavax B in the '80s, as a condition of my employment, sometime.  

Cry me a River for those Poor Guys.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"But when I got my MMR vaccine... I never get measles mumps rubella

There are a lot of people who do get the vaccine and get coronavirus.. maybe that changes some of their opinions to not get it"

When I'm talking about other people's opinions, I usually don't lead off "when I got... I never get"

That's usually the language people use when they're discussing their own belief and experience.  Thus the confusion.

Most of us (at least here in the midwest) know all too much about people's misinformation-based reasons for not getting vaccinated, and don't need to have the misinformation reprised as though it's correct or meaningful.

"There are a lot of people who do get the vaccine and get coronavirus.. maybe that changes some of their opinions to not get it

Like why bother if I can still get it"

That's an opinion based on misinformation provided by the news/podcasts/internet sites they frequent. 

Sometimes when presented with actual data and correct information, people realize their opinion is mistaken and change it.   

That's how it's supposed to work.  We're not talking about matters that really should be left to personal taste, like how you feel about rap music or Mighty Taco or White-on-White decor. 

As far as Beasley:

I think you're absolutely correct but not for the reasons stated.  His beliefs go far deeper down the conspiracy wormhole than the idea that the vaccine doesn't keep people from getting Covid (not naming my source, but it's good).  I'm not going to give them airplay by explaining them here, as though they have factual credence.

Your statement "it has nothing to do with science politics sports religion or anything" is beyond what I'll debate here, but IMO it Damned Straight has everything to do with science (and whether people understand and value science, or No), with politics, and sometimes religion.

How to put it nicely?

If those Unvaxxed players Beasley refers to are willing to lose their Football dreams over a vaccine that underwent full safety and clinical trials and which is now up to 376 MILLION doses served in US alone with low % side effects, that shows the relative value they put on their Dreams, vs. the advice they get off their Handheld Device (as Ron Rivera puts it).

Many (if not all) of us have been required to get one or another vaccine either as a condition of attending school, military service, employment, or travel.  You meet me, crack a beer and ask me about being required to get Heptavax B in the '80s, as a condition of my employment, sometime.  

Cry me a River for those Poor Guys.

Cole Beasley made that statement about covid vaccines and their effectiveness 

I opened my statement with my personal experience with vaccines.. and why people might get them

I have all my vaccinations and never gotten any of those viruses...

Then there's coles argument...  

Every argument has two sides of the coin.. I gave both sides 

But I still won't ridicule Cole and was super vague because I didn't want to turn it into a roast fest

Edited by Buffalo716

Football is BIG money.  I don't know why people get negative emojis for suggesting that Beasley be cut or traded.  I mean, I'd hate to lose him too - but I'd hate to lose a season we've been waiting for literally for decades because of him.

I find it embarrassing that the Bills are on the low end of this.  These guys go out there every week and risk their long-term health...and they're afraid to get a vaccine?  I don't really find it acceptable. I'm not for mandating it, but they're putting other people's jobs in jeopardy, and could potentially ruin the hard work of many to get the Bills back in this position, after many years.

We'll just have to see how the season plays out. Last year, I was pleasantly surprised. This year, some of the protocols are much more strict.  It could really cost this team.

• Shocked 1

On 9/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, Dr. K said:

I've considered this as one of the team's Achilles' Heels. They are well coached and intelligently put together, but this (to me) crazy individualism could sink the season, depending on who the unvaccinated players are and the luck of the draw.

Yup, that would be the ultimate in a Billsy thing to be the cause of blowing such a great opportunity, and this time it will be certain players that cause the big wiff at what could be a once in a lifetime chance to win it all…, really kinda sad to think some players  will have brought it on themselves and their teammates  should the cookie crumble that way, as is said, ya can lead a horse to water…, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every argument has two sides of the coin.. I gave both sides 

That statement suggests that both sides are equally valid.

1. Argument, controversy, dispute imply the expression of opinions for and against some idea. An argument usually arises from a disagreement between two persons, each of whom advances facts supporting his or her own point of view.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/argument

In this case, one side is presenting facts while the other side is presenting misinformation.

Star - I'm worried about COVID, therefore I'm opting out of this next season!

Also Star - I'm not worried about COVID, so opting against getting the vaccine to protect against it...

Maybe it's just he doesn't want to play period? Opt out, take a season off. Don't get the vaccine, get forced to sit or stay away from team multiple times throughout the year. 

29 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Star - I'm worried about COVID, therefore I'm opting out of this next season!

Also Star - I'm not worried about COVID, so opting against getting the vaccine to protect against it...

Maybe it's just he doesn't want to play period? Opt out, take a season off. Don't get the vaccine, get forced to sit or stay away from team multiple times throughout the year. 

I can't say that I haven't thought something similar.

3 hours ago, Success said:

Football is BIG money.  I don't know why people get negative emojis for suggesting that Beasley be cut or traded.  I mean, I'd hate to lose him too - but I'd hate to lose a season we've been waiting for literally for decades because of him.

Beasley is Good.  And his contributions to the Bills offense are Big (unlike him).

You know how some of us said the whole thing with Michael Sam or with Colin K had to do with value/distraction ratio?  LeSean McCoy smacked it down and took some flak for it, but he was right: a guy who is a star of stars or even an important contributor can do stuff and be stuff that are kicked to the curb (or just not picked up) in a mediocre or fringe player.

Beasley is an important contributor, and it wouldn't make the team better to cut or trade him.  That's why you get negative emojis.

Now, if Beasley flouts the protocols and gets fined again and positions himself for a 4 game suspension, that may change.

Unfortunately, he's also positioned himself to earn extra scrutiny when the NFL reviews facility video records.

3 hours ago, Success said:

We'll just have to see how the season plays out. Last year, I was pleasantly surprised. This year, some of the protocols are much more strict.  It could really cost this team.

Actually, I see the opposite problem: none of the protocols are more strict, and for many on the team they are much looser.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

.Every argument has two sides of the coin.. I gave both sides

No offense, man, and not gonna keep up a bickerfest, but No.  No, you did not.

I will put this here as opposed to starting a new thread, though it may deserve it:

I just watched Inside the NFL and the woman who is evidently the investigative reporter on that show said that among ALL NFL players on a roster as of this week (after cutdowns), the vaccination rate among players is 93%.

Seems pretty Bills related considering that from what we know, our team is currently far below that number.

On 9/4/2021 at 10:55 PM, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

The Champs are 100%… If I’m Beane and McDermott, I would view anybody not getting vaxxed as someone who simply doesn’t want to win bad enough to be on my team .  Personal beliefs aside, the rules give a competitive advantage to those who are vaccinated, period.  Games in this league are way to close to be giving an opponent any sort of advantage.

Apparently great minds do think alike - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/11/brandon-beane-its-a-competitive-disadvantage-to-not-be-100-percent-vaccinated/