Abortion Basically Illegal In Texas Now

Tiberius

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Now you’re back to it again and I’m not sure why.  Either we have a crime or we don’t.  

Emotional crimes are only crimes in your head.  The rest is us just chopping it up. 

Trying to make it harder for people to vote is a crime. I know that bothers you to hear, but tough. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Trying to make it harder for people to vote is a crime. I know that bothers you to hear, but tough. 

Oh, you’re talking about a Tibsdemeanor. 

I had forgotten about those.  You should issue an appearance ticket for Unicorn Court, and a fine, if forthcoming should be payable in Red and Orange Jellybeans. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh, you’re talking about a Tibsdemeanor. 

I had forgotten about those.  You should issue an appearance ticket for Unicorn Court, and a fine, if forthcoming should be payable in Red and Orange Jellybeans. 

Do you really like Skynard?

56 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No it isn't.  And it shouldn't be easy.  I know that bothers you to hear, but tough.

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

And I heard you were a grabber of boobies without permission!! 

I do like Boobies. I also like these new exercise pants that show that gap between the legs. I would grab a boobie. You can always do that brush up against the boobie, then on your way back just grab it.

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

He’s going to evacuate all the libs from Texas? Don’t tell the other states that.  It’ll be Texas law almost everywhere but NY and California 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No it isn't.  And it shouldn't be easy.  I know that bothers you to hear, but tough.

Basically, doc thinks it should be easier for a COVID patient to get a script for HCQ than it should be for a black person to vote in Texas or Georgia.  

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f735efa3ca16aa3ac01e1964e58fc1a5.jpeg

‘Mercia, baby.  We need to mainline some ivermectin and get with the program down in Texas. 

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Basically, doc thinks it should be easier for a COVID patient to get a script for HCQ than it should be for a black person to vote in Texas or Georgia.  

Hoax.  It isn't hard to vote in either place.  

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

What do you play?  When on the band stand I usually hear FREEEEEEEEEE-BIRD and I oblige.

I’m a lead guitarist since about 5 years old. I  grew up to floyd and then early metal phase in the 80’s( which I love being a part of me) then moved onto the Dead around 1989. 

I started with Ibanez V’s and had a few early Japanese strats. When everyone in my HS was plying metal, I used that strat and my V.

Years after that, I owned a few old school schecters and I eventually moved onto a strat and a Parker Fly. That’s what I own now.

Edit: I left out my progressive streak. Rush…Queensryche…..

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ever try making your own guitar? 

No. I thought about going to that school in Vermont but I’m not really handy with saws, etc. 

I like to have a nice 80’s Japan made strat laying around the house……If someone wants me to bring gear out…..I have my strat and late 90’s Fly with a Sunn stack. 

What do you have?

My rig now is basically a lexicon reverb clean. I found thy over the years that effects annoy me. I have overdrive of course but that’s it.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

So let’s clear a few things up about the Texas abortion bill. It’s not a ban on abortion. It just reduces the amount of time people have to get one. And it does something else that I think is proximate cause of the freakout: it allows private citizens to sue if people violate the law. As I understand it, providers won’t be arrested or face any jail time, they just could find themselves sued for up to 10K.

Of course Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats are rushing to codify Roe v. Wade into law so it’s not at the mercy of the courts, but I don’t sense a ton of passion behind their efforts. The overreach — their associated bill would basically allow abortion on demand up to the time of birth — is always a sign they think they may have lost and are just Hail-Marying to appease their constituents and donors.

https://redstate.com/slee/2021/09/03/marble-halls-silver-screens-with-sarah-lee-ep-103-the-texas-heartbeat-bill-only-murders-in-the-building-and-hollywood-abortion-activism-edition-n437548

Several states are already considering following Texas' lead on SB8

FTA

On top of these efforts you can bet that the national media which is probably 95% pro-abortion will try to help the Democrats turn this into a positive for 2022. Simply put, both sides in this cultural forever war are too invested to admit defeat, at least for now.

Texas has shaken up this 48-year-old stalemate but this isn’t over yet.

The pro-abortion empire will strike back.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/09/03/several-states-are-already-considering-following-texas-lead-on-sb8-n413620

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

So let’s clear a few things up about the Texas abortion bill. It’s not a ban on abortion. It just reduces the amount of time people have to get one. And it does something else that I think is proximate cause of the freakout: it allows private citizens to sue if people violate the law. As I understand it, providers won’t be arrested or face any jail time, they just could find themselves sued for up to 10K.

Of course Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats are rushing to codify Roe v. Wade into law so it’s not at the mercy of the courts, but I don’t sense a ton of passion behind their efforts. The overreach — their associated bill would basically allow abortion on demand up to the time of birth — is always a sign they think they may have lost and are just Hail-Marying to appease their constituents and donors.

https://redstate.com/slee/2021/09/03/marble-halls-silver-screens-with-sarah-lee-ep-103-the-texas-heartbeat-bill-only-murders-in-the-building-and-hollywood-abortion-activism-edition-n437548

Several states are already considering following Texas' lead on SB8

FTA

On top of these efforts you can bet that the national media which is probably 95% pro-abortion will try to help the Democrats turn this into a positive for 2022. Simply put, both sides in this cultural forever war are too invested to admit defeat, at least for now.

Texas has shaken up this 48-year-old stalemate but this isn’t over yet.

The pro-abortion empire will strike back.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/09/03/several-states-are-already-considering-following-texas-lead-on-sb8-n413620

Mandate vasectomies - problem solved 

29 minutes ago, Governor said:

No. I thought about going to that school in Vermont but I’m not really handy with saws, etc. 

I like to have a nice 80’s Japan made strat laying around the house……If someone wants me to bring gear out…..I have my strat and late 90’s Fly with a Sunn stack. 

What do you have?

My rig now is basically a lexicon reverb clean. I found thy over the years that effects annoy me. I have overdrive of course but that’s it.

I started-off with Cort guitars.  Cheap.  Then I decided to make one because guys like Eddie and Brian May did it.  And then I made another.  Well, everything but the neck, which is the hardest part.  I have a line 6 100W amp.

The 2nd guitar is based off-of the George Lynch ESP Kamikazee-1, which is my favorite guitar.  I'd like to buy one but (the non-LTD version) is around $5000 and I can't justify spending that much.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

What did Doc do to make you such a psycho about HCQ, and when are you going to get TF over it?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

I started-off with Cort guitars.  Cheap.  Then I decided to make one because guys like Eddie and Brian May did it.  And then I made another.  Well, everything but the neck, which is the hardest part.  I have a line 6 100W amp.

The 2nd guitar is based off-of the George Lynch ESP Kamikazee-1, which is my favorite guitar.  I'd like to buy one but (the non-LTD version) is around $5000 and I can't justify spending that much.

Oh. You’re a Van Halen George lynch guy? 

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Can you play ain’t takilin about love.

I have read the law and feel that this is one of the situations where the right is acting like the left, pass a law with good intentions and don't worry about unintended consequences. I would love to see children being protected more but this is not the way to do it. Sometimes abortions are the choice between two terrible options and to interfere at that point is not the place of government. I want what the law wants but it is not a proper way to get there.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sounds like you’re trying to censor me.  

I'm just tired of reading the same stupid attack over and over. You seem to think it's some badazz dig against the guy. There is such a thing as going to the well too often. Your worse than BillStime and the website that won't let him in, or the ever tiresome Chef Jom Crow. Get some new material.

Edited by Tenhigh

As someone who is pro-life, but tries to understand the other side of the equation, I do understand why this law has some people up in arms.  

However, I then see how bizarrely obsessed the left is with having no restrictions on killing babies and stop attempting to understand their side. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

As someone who is pro-life, but tries to understand the other side of the equation, I do understand why this law has some people up in arms.  

However, I then see how bizarrely obsessed the left is with having no restrictions on killing babies and stop attempting to understand their side. 

Your eyes really open when you see that the loudest proponents of unlimited abortion access are fatties, lesbians, or menopausal. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Governor said:

I’m a lead guitarist since about 5 years old. I  grew up to floyd and then early metal phase in the 80’s( which I love being a part of me) then moved onto the Dead around 1989. 

I started with Ibanez V’s and had a few early Japanese strats. When everyone in my HS was plying metal, I used that strat and my V.

Years after that, I owned a few old school schecters and I eventually moved onto a strat and a Parker Fly. That’s what I own now.

Edit: I left out my progressive streak. Rush…Queensryche…..

STOP YAPPIN YA OLD STONER,  PLAY SOME SKYNYRD!

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

I'm just tired of reading the same stupid attack over and over. You seem to think it's some badazz dig against the guy. There is such a thing as going to the well too often. Your worse than BillStime and the website that won't let him in, or the ever tiresome Chef Jom Crow. Get some new material.

If you practice proper grammar, then I will think about it.  But I probably won't change.  It's important to keep everyone safe from jiggery pockery about COVID.  It's also important to keep people enfranchised.  Consider my work here a public service.  Or a gift.  Or both.  Whatever.  I think the best course is for me to stick to promoting my work here, and you to stick to your cheap, largely intolerable whiskey, and we'll see what happens from there. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

If you practice proper grammar, then I will think about it.  But I probably won't change.  It's important to keep everyone safe from jiggery pockery about COVID.  It's also important to keep people enfranchised.  Consider my work here a public service.  Or a gift.  Or both.  Whatever.  I think the best course is for me to stick to promoting my work here, and you to stick to your cheap, largely intolerable whiskey, and we'll see what happens from there. 

After the grammar deputy wraps up that crime scene, we can send the punctuation and sentence structure police your way.

🙄 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I am happy to correct any grammatical issues my posts have if it opens up a slight chance of stopping you from being such a repetitive bore.  What you are doing here isn't "work", unless acting like a divisive @ss is a job.  

Edit to add that if mocking grammar and screen names is your only game, maybe you should shut up and listen for awhile. 

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Governor said:

Eddie got me into playing guitar.  But they're a couple of my favorites, yes.

13 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

What did Doc do to make you such a psycho about HCQ, and when are you going to get TF over it?

I showed him that he was duped by his masters last year, at a critical juncture in the Wuhan virus epidemic.  It's a bitter pill to swallow so denial seems to be his defense mechanism.