Abortion Basically Illegal In Texas Now

Tiberius

15 hours ago, unbillievable said:

This law is a joke. The pro-abortionists and clinics can just ignore it.

They have to prove the fetus has a heartbeat to win the lawsuit. How are normal people going to be able to prove that?

How are abortion clinics in Texas going to afford all the legal fees to defend themselves in the courts as they'll face a barrage of lawsuits by pro life groups (consisting of private citizens)?  This is a really clever workaround by Texas.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

How are abortion clinics in Texas going to afford all the legal fees to defend themselves in the courts as they'll face a barrage of lawsuits by pro life groups (consisting of private citizens)?  This is a really clever workaround by Texas.

They could just raise the price of an abortion to cover the costs. Kinda like how they do with housing, food, gas, cars, etc. 

This law dosent make abortions illegal, it just adds an additional level  of accountability to the abortion process. 

Im not opposed to this law because creating life is a responsibility that should be taken seriously 

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

They could just raise the price of an abortion to cover the costs. Kinda like how they do with housing, food, gas, cars, etc. 

This law dosent make abortions illegal, it just adds an additional level  of accountability to the abortion process. 

Im not opposed to this law because creating life is a responsibility that should be taken seriously 

I personally don't believe in the act of abortion, but I also don't live in a theocracy and I acknowledge that others rightfully feel very differently and I believe that the law rightfully accounts for those with disparate views.  

In any event, if you want to go that route, then I'll happily support the application of crippling taxes upon ammunition.  Might help stop the public health crisis in this country involving gun violence.  Keeping life has to be just as important, if not more important, than creating life. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I personally don't believe in the act of abortion, but I also don't live in a theocracy and I acknowledge that others rightfully feel very differently and I believe that the law rightfully accounts for those with disparate views.  

In any event, if you want to go that route, then I'll happily support the application of crippling taxes upon ammunition.  Might help stop the public health crisis in this country involving gun violence.  Keeping life has to be just as important, if not more important, than creating life. 

Define crippling. 

Ammo is very hard to get here in CA. It’s done a fantastic job of reducing this so called public health crisis. 😏

13 hours ago, BillStime said:

Oh another nerve hit. 

Who is adversely impacted by this law?

Wealthy women will find a safe way around this law… not so wealthy not so much. 

Nerve hit?  LOL!  I just said earlier on the thread that I support abortion until the end of the 2nd trimester.

As for who is adversely affected, I already answered that and wondered why you don't want more of that "specific demographic" in the world?

You guys don't realize just how racist you are.

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nerve hit?  LOL!  I just said earlier on the thread that I support abortion until the end of the 2nd trimester.

As for who is adversely affected, I already answered that and wondered why you don't want more of that "specific demographic" in the world?

You guys don't realize just how racist you are.

Really? Racist?  I am RACIST because I am highlighting the RACIST and PUNITIVE laws that your cult passes to appease the most insecure thin skinned cult in the world?

I can't wait until we start taking your guns away - karma is a bich

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Really? Racist?  I am RACIST because I am highlighting the RACIST and PUNITIVE laws that your cult passes to appease the most insecure thin skinned cult in the world?

I can't wait until we start taking your guns away - karma is a bich

Why do you want poor babies of color to be killed?  

And you won't be taking guns away from anyone.  Try and January 6th will look a picnic.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why do you want poor babies of color to be killed?  

And you won't be taking guns away from anyone.  Try and January 6th will look a picnic.

Oh we are coming for your guns. You have no issues coming after women’s rights and voting - your guns are gone.

And I don’t want any fetus aborted but that’s not my choice - that’s up to a woman - not a man.

Why no mass vasectomy laws?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh we are coming for your guns. You have no issues coming after women’s rights and voting - your guns are gone.

And I don’t want any fetus aborted but that’s not my choice - that’s up to a woman - not a man.

Why no mass vasectomy laws?

Well for starters, that's forcing a medical procedure on someone.  Second of all, that would be like forcing tubal ligations.  In both cases, no fetus is conceived.

As for guns, again, good luck with that.

20 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I fear you fell, hit your head and don’t remember.  

You mentioned crime, then institutional crime, then Democracy and Putin.  

It’s good to see though even in your current state you dropped the crime nonsense. 

You are following along, that's good. What current state are you referring to? Just making up insults to hide the fact your side is trying to shave off votes? 

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I personally love how they are so "pro-life" they want to take away people's health care 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You are following along, that's good. What current state are you referring to? Just making up insults to hide the fact your side is trying to shave off votes? 

How is an expression of concern an insult?  If anything I’m babying you and being overly empathetic.  I’m like a helicopter poster. 

There are no sides on this issue unless you want to find them.  You’re unhappy.  I’m unhappy.  

Everyone is unhappy, and when everyone is unhappy, maybe we simply need to recognize that unhappy is the new happy. 

If you end up finding the actual crime you first referenced hmu.  I’m anti-crime and pro-law enforcement consistently, not conveniently. 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I personally love how they are so "pro-life" they want to take away people's health care 

Same lie over and over, you've been telling this one for over 5 years.

leh-nerd skin-erd, this is an example of why you can't reach Tibs.

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

How is an expression of concern an insult?  If anything I’m babying you and being overly empathetic.  I’m like a helicopter poster. 

There are no sides on this issue unless you want to find them.  You’re unhappy.  I’m unhappy.  

Everyone is unhappy, and when everyone is unhappy, maybe we simply need to recognize that unhappy is the new happy. 

If you end up finding the actual crime you first referenced hmu.  I’m anti-crime and pro-law enforcement consistently, not conveniently. 

It's condescending. And an effort to avoid the topic. The attack on democracy is a crime 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Same lie over and over, you've been telling this one for over 5 years.

leh-nerd skin-erd, this is an example of why you can't reach Tibs.

LOL, it's just true, that's why you hate it. Let them be born and then screw them. Evil. You guys are just pure bad actors. Social parasites 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's condescending. And an effort to avoid the topic. The attack on democracy is a crime 

LOL, it's just true, that's why you hate it. Let them be born and then screw them. Evil. You guys are just pure bad actors. Social parasites 

Now you’re back to it again and I’m not sure why.  Either we have a crime or we don’t.  

Emotional crimes are only crimes in your head.  The rest is us just chopping it up.