Abortion Basically Illegal In Texas Now

Tiberius

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/01/supreme-court-texas-abortion-ban-508275

The Supreme Court early Wednesday let a Texas state law take effect that allows private citizens to sue to uphold a ban on the procedure after six weeks of pregnancy, potentially creating a new template for states to impose strict restrictions on the procedure.

The court’s decision to not act on an emergency petition from Texas abortion clinics comes as the justices prepare to more broadly reconsider the right to an abortion it established almost 50 years ago. In May, justices agreed to review Mississippi’s ban on the procedure after 15 weeks of pregnancy — a direct challenge to Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that legalized abortion nationwide. Those arguments are expected later this year, with a ruling in 2022.

6 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The law is still under review and won't be argued in the Supreme Court until 2022.

The headline (as always) is misleading.

Well, in true liberal progressive fashion, he did throw the "basically" disclaimer in there 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Right. Just as having to show ID makes it basically too difficult to vote, etc. 

I have a good one 

Trump basically kills 800,000 people 

Thats one of my favorites 

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What’s the problem you see here?   

Complaining about voting, making it harder to vote and then turning around and saying its about IDs when its not. 

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

"Basically" corrupt

Basically you are a D-bag 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Complaining about voting, making it harder to vote and then turning around and saying its about IDs when its not. 

Oh, you have concerns about the security of our elections, and ensuring that our process is fair and just.  Get in line, it seems everyone has those concerns, oddly, after the most ultra-secure and really really cool election in the history of peopleness.

I thought you had issues with this particular case in Texas.  

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh, you have concerns about the security of our elections, and ensuring that our process is fair and just.  Get in line, it seems everyone has those concerns, oddly, after the most ultra-secure and really really cool election in the history of peopleness.

I thought you had issues with this particular case in Texas.  

So glad it was a fair election in 2020. Those sore losers that couldn't accept the results ran off to make it harder to vote. 

Won't work. Won't work 

• Like (+1) 2

By the way does it really take more than 6 weeks to realize you missed your period and decide you don’t want to be a parent? 

I guess to be fair the people who don’t have that sorted out by may not be stellar at parenting either. 

I sure wish some science or data could be framed around the argument.  Projecting religious beliefs just don’t make sense.  

I gotta admit I saw a lot of antivaxers with a my body my choice signs, so there might be some common ground. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood