Abortion Basically Illegal In Texas Now

Tiberius

2 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Strong-arm tactics are completely unnecessary when your opposition commits political suicide on the national stage.

As far as political strategy discussion goes, the only interesting question is what to do about the Supreme Court?

As far as abortion policy discussion goes, yeah I think we’re done here.

All politics is local Kay. We may very well be close to a checkmate nationally, but we’re getting killed at the local and state level, Governorships, etc., and we’re seeing the effects of that today. This is what happens when a party gets distracted by social issues and gets away from a strong meat and potatoes economic message.

The courts are their last stand and I’m in “believe it when I see it mode” as far them going crazy and straying away from national opinion on any one issue.

Edited by Governor

4 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Interesting thoughts!

What I cannot understand is the need for religion to force itself on others. 

If you do not believe in something, do not do it.

We have long established in western cultures that murder is wrong, that stoning is assault, that a justice system is the way of dealing with outside activities, that private holdings are ok, that selling of daughters is wrong, that women are equal, that all people are free to practice their religion, as long ss it fits inside the parameters of our law.

Abortion is like the final piece after 200 years. Most of society accepts the need and we are just looking for the exact point of acceptance. Some do not want to show flexibility. Sounds alot like ISIS. They have been fighting infidels since the crusades.  

Our society in Western cultures has so many problems today, drugs, gangs, poverty, the 1%, etc. Why oh why do supposedly intelligent people have to hide behind a religious issue with where thought goes out the window. 

If you take a look at the updated GOP platform you’ll notice that it’s the Heritage Foundation handbook.

Everyone should know what their true intentions are at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My vaccine was put improperly into my arm and caused my much pain, does that make it not worthwhile? HCQ is good for lungs as a preventative measure against infections that stiffen the tissue of the lungs. My uncle took it for year many times (50+)while working in India in the 1980s 

Obviously the vax is worthwhile.  HCQ does not help COVID 19 patients.  Increased mortality and no clinical benefit.  So that's why taking the vax, in spite of the pain, is smart, and promoting HCQ--"just enough to keep me safe," in the words of "Doc"--is foolish, dangerous, and a waste of breath.  

REMINDER for this page also,  that the Title of this thread is incredibly wrong.

The Left knows this false, but wants the "controversy"...................their concern is votes, not women's rights.

No, Texas's New Law Does Not Ban Abortions - Or Even A Majority Of Them

After the Supreme Court declined the ACLU’s request to block SB8, the new Texas law, which bans abortion after a baby’s heartbeat is detected, went into effect in the state immediately.  Almost predictably, the left went into a total meltdown, suggesting that this was an all-out ban on abortions, which it very much isn’t. 

Liberals and Progressives alike complained that this law was somehow an affront to women everywhere (you know, after they have spent the last four years telling us to call them “birthing persons”), claiming that the majority of abortions occur after a heartbeat is detected.

Well, that’s just not true.  In fact, the vast majority of abortions occur within the first 10 weeks of pregnancy, and a plurality within the first six weeks.

According to Abort83.com, a site that compiles abortion statistics, a maximum of 40.5% of abortions occurs within the first six weeks of pregnancy, which in Texas are all still legal.  In weeks 7-9, another 37.5% of abortions take place. In total, 78% of all abortions take place before the beginning of week 10.

While heartbeats can possibly be detected as early as weeks 6 or 7, WebMD states that the majority of doctors don’t test until after eight weeks with ultrasound, and not until 12 weeks with fetal doppler. If we attribute half of the week 7-9 abortions as a split, that would be 18.75%. 

That would suggest that 59.25% of all abortions occur before a heartbeat is even detected, which, again, is still legal in Texas.

While the law contains a requirement for doctors to verify a heartbeat before an abortion is performed, it does not specify how that verification must take place. If doctors chose to verify by doppler (and you know there will be some who want to skirt the intent of the law, just like this despicable clinic Mike Miller wrote about), it would extend the potential for abortions past 10 weeks, leading to the potential of 80% of the abortions taking place previously to continue.

https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2021/09/03/no-the-texas-law-does-not-ban-abortions-or-even-a-majority-of-them-n437269

https://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Obviously the vax is worthwhile.  HCQ does not help COVID 19 patients.  Increased mortality and no clinical benefit.  So that's why taking the vax, in spite of the pain, is smart, and promoting HCQ--"just enough to keep me safe," in the words of "Doc"--is foolish, dangerous, and a waste of breath.  

Stop making as ass of yourself.  Although I know that's hard...

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  You have no science to support your position, “Doc.”  Maybe if you mix HCQ and horse dewormer you’ll get a better result.  Keep us posted. 

Sure I do.  You just conveniently put your fingers in your ears and scream "lalalalalala I can't hear you!"  It's like talking, much less explaining things, to a child.

As for ivermectin, check out India.  Bye.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Sure I do.  You just conveniently put your fingers in your ears and scream "lalalalalala I can't hear you!"  It's like talking, much less explaining things, to a child.

As for ivermectin, check out India.  Bye.

Still no science.  Put down the dewormer and get to work, “Doc.”  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Still no science.  Put down the dewormer and get to work, HCQ. 

No, I changed my mind.  You weren't complicit with the Dems.  You're just that dumb.  Go draft some documents, Gibbons.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No, I changed my mind.  You weren't complicit with the Dems.  You're just that dumb.  Go draft some documents, Gibbons.

And . . . still no science,  "Doc."

I don't take requests from phonies like you, but I'll make an exception today.  Here's a "Doc"ument:

Dear "Doc":

Please show us the science upon which you base your position that HCQ and Ivermectin are both effective prophylactics and treatments with respect to COVID-19.  Otherwise, we will continue to understand your position in those respects to be groundless.  Or, in layman's terms, a hoax.  

Yours, etc.

SectionC3 

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

And . . . still no science,  "Doc."

I don't take requests from phonies like you, but I'll make an exception today.  Here's a "Doc"ument:

Dear "Doc":

Please show us the science upon which you base your position that HCQ and Ivermectin are both effective prophylactics and treatments with respect to COVID-19.  Otherwise, we will continue to understand your position in those respects to be groundless.  Or, in layman's terms, a hoax.  

Yours, etc.

SectionC3 

I already did.  You a) couldn't understand it and b) wouldn't accept it even if you could, for obvious reasons (on both parts).  So it's plainly obvious "science" is wasted on you.  Like your party and others of your ilk, feelz is more important.  The funniest part is when you whipped-out a Johns Hopkins article from last year as some kind of proof of anything other than your poor research skills. 

What you choose to believe is not my problem.  Suffice it to say that I wasn't the one who believed lies about it being unsafe and thus that it couldn't be used, only because Trump mentioned it, just so people would die and get him out of office.  Again, congrats.  You're just who your party wants you to be.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I already did.  You a) couldn't understand it and b) wouldn't accept it even if you could, for obvious reasons (on both parts).  So it's plainly obvious "science" is wasted on you.  Like your party and others of your ilk, feelz is more important.  The funniest part is when you whipped-out a Johns Hopkins article from last year as some kind of proof of anything other than your poor research skills. 

What you choose to believe is not my problem.  Suffice it to say that I wasn't the one who believed lies about it being unsafe and thus that it couldn't be used, only because Trump mentioned it, just so people would die and get him out of office.  Again, congrats.  You're just who your party wants you to be.

Hoax.  You didn’t.  Because it doesn’t exist.  Have a nice night, hoax man.  Just don’t write any scripts for HCQ or ivermectin for patients who have COVID. 

HCQ being dangerous was the biggest hoax.  Science has proven it (you want yer science, I got yer science right 'ere...).  Yet you bought it.  Own it.  That it didn't work was the other hoax.  Again your masters "saved" the world from a safe drug, one infinitely more safe than the Wuhan virus it has been show to help fight.  Congrats.

And I'll write (as in "prescribe") them if I want.  But not to worry, it won't be in fish tank cleaner or horse de-wormer...

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  You didn’t.  Because it doesn’t exist.  Have a nice night, hoax man.  Just don’t write any scripts for HCQ or ivermectin for patients who have COVID. 

STILL beating this drum? Stop stalking the guy, weirdo.  YOU are going to get us moderated.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

STILL beating this drum? Stop stalking the guy, weirdo.  YOU are going to get us moderated.

Of course he is still beating this drum- his side has screwed the pooch at every turn so he has to pick on the Latinos who believe information coming from south America. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

HCQ being dangerous was the biggest hoax.  Science has proven it (you want yer science, I got yer science right 'ere...).  Yet you bought it.  Own it.  That it didn't work was the other hoax.  Again your masters "saved" the world from a safe drug, one infinitely more safe than the Wuhan virus it has been show to help fight.  Congrats.

And I'll write (as in "prescribe") them if I want.  But not to worry, it won't be in fish tank cleaner or horse de-wormer...

Still no science.  

13 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Your point may have some validity today, but I think it  primarily comes from that base.

"Imagine all the people

Living life in peace"

My point has more than a little validity. Jesus Christ is not quoted as having said anything about abortion.  Abortion is a Human Rights issue.  It's yet another "inconvenient truth" that the Left conveniently chooses to ignore.