Bills trading Daryll Johnson to the Panthers for 6th rd pick

Process

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It takes two, and he’s older and more expensive. Bam has more trade value and is buried on this team outside of ST. 

Yea. What I meant was get rid of Addison. I don't think theres a trade market for him but would have rather just cut Addison and held onto Bam. 

This is assuming we are getting a late rd pick. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Wow!

So he'll be a Bill next year right?

Now that move might be worthy of a Beane in shades meme. 

Just now, Process said:

Yea. What I meant was get rid of Addison. I don't think theres a trade market for him but would have rather just cut Addison and held onto Bam. 

This is assuming we are getting a late rd pick. 

Was reading somewhere that McD values Addison's leadership. Don't see it as plainly as with, say Lorax, but if that's true, we do know McD loves his veteran locker room leaders. 

• Process changed the title to Bills trading Daryll Johnson to the Panthers for 6th rd pick

I think they just weren’t gonna keep 7 DEs no matter what.

I’ll echo others in saying I wish Addison were the one to go instead.

I wonder who takes Bam’s role on special teams, and whether this means they’ll keep six instead of five linebackers.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is not that surprising even with him on the team we Drafted defensive ends one and two this year

Not a surprise to I at all as you mentioned above.

Much better to get something for him over nothing to me at this phase. Beane is a solid A$$ GM and I 100% trust him. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nope, expect more Bills to end up there. Dan Morgan is the Asst GM.

I think Dan Morgan is going after players he knows and calling the Bills, not the other way around. 

It was really just a joke. Glad we got something and didnt just release him.  

Tough to see Darryl go as he brought some unique elements to the team, but this is what successful organizations do. Drafted late 7th round, got two years of production from him, and got a 6th for him. Agree with others that I would have rather cut Addison and kept Bam but overall, I think this is good value

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.