Cole Beasley

716er

22 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I like it for a variety of reasons.  But back to caring what Cole Beasley thinks.  Your point is one that transcends Beasley.  If he wasn’t skilled at this game, literally no one would give an eff what he thinks about anything.  I’m astounded by the credence we lend to celebrity opinions in this society.  I don’t much care about the endorsements of Oprah, the Rock, Matthew McConaughey, Ted Nugent, or anyone else like that.  But so many of us do.  It’s always amazed me. 

My distain for celebrities is well documented on this forum.   It stems from my years cooking for them in LA/Hollywood.  I had the opportunity to cook for some very nice/humble people but for the most part I was another one of their "servants".  I learned real quick that they thrive on the attention and being fawned over.  I can't stand that.  They also felt that, as you put it, their opinions matter to us all.  That has just gotten worse the past few years.  

On to athletes and my distain for them.  I use to be a HUGE sports fan. I moved to LA in 1983.  In the middle of the Laker/Celtic rivalry.  It was an amazing time to be here and watch the Lakers play!   Magic, Kareem, Byron, Worthy.  A TEAM.  Larry, McHale, Ainge.  A TEAM.  Then Kobe showed up.  People worship him. Me?  What a whiney B word!  Cried foul every time he was touched.  I saw that attitude become pervasive in the NBA.  The feud between him and Shaq sealed the deal. Bye bye NBA.  No worries I've still got the NFL and MLB.  Then one day after 17 years of Buffalo Bills disappointments and Monday morning depression I said ***** it.  No need to follow a bunch of overpaid grown whiney men playing a game.  Sundays the past 5 or so years have been awesome.  Following a football team, though fun, is also very stressful. You GOTTA win every Sunday.  Baseball?  Not so much.  We got our asses kicked?  Who cares. We play again tomorrow.  Baseball was the last, and most difficult sport, for me to move on from.  

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I understand the science, and the science is not in quotes.  The fact that you put science in quotes shows your ignorance.  The data on the delta variant shows that younger people are more prone to getting infected, possibly due to the fact that so many older folk were smart enough to get vaccinated.  Will the larger, fatter, D and O linemen be more at risk?  Yeah probably.  But I didn't say that it would be a WR that dies.  I said I predict that an NFL player dies.

Read what is written.

The math says it is unlikely that an NFL player dies. People in good shape without preexisting conditions are in the literal 1 in 100000 chance of dying, if they get Covid. We have less than 2000 players so even if it very single player got Covid the chances of dying from it are remote. Your prediction is based on hysterics not science, which is why it was in quotes. 

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The math says it is unlikely that an NFL player dies. People in good shape without preexisting conditions are in the literal 1 in 100000 chance of dying, if they get Covid. We have less than 2000 players so even if it very single player got Covid the chances of dying from it are remote. Your prediction is based on hysterics not science, which is why it was in quotes. 

I think you may be basing your analysis on older data not including the delta variant data.  The most recent data I've seen indicates that infection and hospitalization rates are rising in the 18-39 year old age group, the vast majority being unvaccinated.

I hope I'm wrong about my prediction, I really do.  And the data on the delta variant suggest mortality rates are not rising to the same extent as infection rates.  But I think Dawkins this year and Sweeney last year were both very fortunate.  Looking at McKenzie's tweet yesterday makes me thing players are refusing to take this virus seriously.  It may take a fatality of a player to wake some guys up.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Lolololol

What does this even mean:

"A team that has a Covid outbreak among unvaccinated players will be forced to forfeit a game during the regular season."

Can someone define an outbreak as far as numbers please.  

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Thank you Trump voters:

So much for the greater good.

Are DeAndre Hopkins, LeBron James, Lamar Jackson, Cam Newton, and Jalen Ramsey Trump voters?

Where are the athletes PSAs to get the vaccine?

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

My distain for celebrities is well documented on this forum.   It stems from my years cooking for them in LA/Hollywood.  I had the opportunity to cook for some very nice/humble people but for the most part I was another one of their "servants".  I learned real quick that they thrive on the attention and being fawned over.  I can't stand that.  They also felt that, as you put it, their opinions matter to us all.  That has just gotten worse the past few years.  

On to athletes and my distain for them.  I use to be a HUGE sports fan. I moved to LA in 1983.  In the middle of the Laker/Celtic rivalry.  It was an amazing time to be here and watch the Lakers play!   Magic, Kareem, Byron, Worthy.  A TEAM.  Larry, McHale, Ainge.  A TEAM.  Then Kobe showed up.  People worship him. Me?  What a whiney B word!  Cried foul every time he was touched.  I saw that attitude become pervasive in the NBA.  The feud between him and Shaq sealed the deal. Bye bye NBA.  No worries I've still got the NFL and MLB.  Then one day after 17 years of Buffalo Bills disappointments and Monday morning depression I said ***** it.  No need to follow a bunch of overpaid grown whiney men playing a game.  Sundays the past 5 or so years have been awesome.  Following a football team, though fun, is also very stressful. You GOTTA win every Sunday.  Baseball?  Not so much.  We got our asses kicked?  Who cares. We play again tomorrow.  Baseball was the last, and most difficult sport, for me to move on from.  

Geeze… now I see why you quit it… you got way over invested. Depression stressful?

Now baseball… talk about a boring game.  It may be the worst! Beyond golf and bowling 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Geeze… now I see why you quit it… you got way over invested. Now baseball… talk about a boring game.  It may be the worst!

Nope. Baseball is not boring at all. There is constant action. Maybe something as simple as the outfield shift. The catcher lining up on the inside of the plate. Subtle but interesting. Football??  Booooring. A bunch of big (and some true fat *****) wandering around on fake grass holding hands in the huddle.  And lots of these shots.  Ooooh exciting. 😉

9DD8DE94-374B-4195-AEAA-2CB521C8BD96.thumb.jpeg.4860d0c96dd5baf8d14a269a56f21e94.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope. Baseball is not boring at all. There is constant action. Maybe something as simple as the outfield shift. The catcher lining up on the inside of the plate. Subtle but interesting. Football??  Booooring. A bunch of big (and some true fat *****) wandering around on fake grass holding hands in the huddle.  And lots of these shots.  Ooooh exciting. 😉

9DD8DE94-374B-4195-AEAA-2CB521C8BD96.thumb.jpeg.4860d0c96dd5baf8d14a269a56f21e94.jpeg

lol… baseball is so boring they have a practically indoor bench where the teams can nap in between the 6 hits per game. 

I love Cole Beasley!

Other than Josh, he’s probably my 2nd favorite player on the team, and I support him...

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Thank you Trump voters:

So much for the greater good.

70% of black people are unvaccinated...I’m sure all those people didn’t vote for Trump...

Do better BillStime 👍

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

lol… baseball is so boring they have a practically indoor bench where the teams can nap in between the 6 hits per game. 

Football is so boring Bruce Smith snorted the 50 yard line to stay awake during games. 

<ok this could be fun>

I think the moderators and many of the fans on the main page are now emotionally invested in Cole Beasley and his opinions at a fever dream level.  Having essentially a Ministry of Truth presiding over the whole thing amuses me.  

PFT (Florio) also has a weirdo obsession with Beasley and COVID.  

I don't think teams give a ***** about COVID.  I think the media cares more about it because they need something to write about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Baseball is so boring they had to make practice swings part the game field… 

Football is so boring they need fireworks when the teams come on field to play so the fans can tell when the pre-game warm up ends and the actual game begins.  

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Football is so boring they need fireworks when the teams come on field to play so the fans can tell when the pre-game warm up ends and the actual game begins.  

Baseball is so boring they had to add a timer so the pitcher can only adjust his hat, spit and scratch his nuts for 20 seconds before doing something game related… 

36 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Baseball is so boring they had to add a timer so the pitcher can only adjust his hat, spit and scratch his nuts for 20 seconds before doing something game related… 

Football is so boring they have to make the ball out of pig skin to get fat people interested. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I think you may be basing your analysis on older data not including the delta variant data.  The most recent data I've seen indicates that infection and hospitalization rates are rising in the 18-39 year old age group, the vast majority being unvaccinated.

I hope I'm wrong about my prediction, I really do.  And the data on the delta variant suggest mortality rates are not rising to the same extent as infection rates.  But I think Dawkins this year and Sweeney last year were both very fortunate.  Looking at McKenzie's tweet yesterday makes me thing players are refusing to take this virus seriously.  It may take a fatality of a player to wake some guys up.

I know you are not able to understand math but I assure you I am applying the numbers properly even I regards to the Delta variant. The idea that fully healthy 25 year olds are dying a lot is simply not true, the younger people being hit are with only a few exceptions have at least one comorbidity and generally multiple. There are a lot of people with these issues but I doubt any are playing in the NFL.

8 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I like it for a variety of reasons.  But back to caring what Cole Beasley thinks.  Your point is one that transcends Beasley.  If he wasn’t skilled at this game, literally no one would give an eff what he thinks about anything.  I’m astounded by the credence we lend to celebrity opinions in this society.  I don’t much care about the endorsements of Oprah, the Rock, Matthew McConaughey, Ted Nugent, or anyone else like that.  But so many of us do.  It’s always amazed me. 

You are?  Two of the last four Republican presidents wouldn't have made it that far if they weren't already celebrities.

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I know you are not able to understand math but I assure you I am applying the numbers properly even I regards to the Delta variant. The idea that fully healthy 25 year olds are dying a lot is simply not true, the younger people being hit are with only a few exceptions have at least one comorbidity and generally multiple. There are a lot of people with these issues but I doubt any are playing in the NFL.

Stop with the nonsense.  I said infection and hospitalization rates are going up in the 18-38 age group and specifically said mortality rates are not going up at the same rate.  Grad level stats classes; I don’t need to defend my math abilities to someone who can’t read.

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

I think the moderators and many of the fans on the main page are now emotionally invested in Cole Beasley and his opinions at a fever dream level.  Having essentially a Ministry of Truth presiding over the whole thing amuses me.  

I don't think teams give a ***** about COVID.  I think the media cares more about it because they need something to write about.

I think McD would disagree based on his press conference yesterday.

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think McD would disagree based on his press conference yesterday.

Ehh.  IMO, that's BB always saying Buffalo was a formidable opponent between 2001-2019 at every press conference.  He's not going to create controversy.  

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You lived and died with the Bills for all those years, thought the entire draught, and then you gave up on the team just on the cusp of greatness after they draft one of the most electric players in all of sports? 

Remind me why I should ask you for advice investing again? 

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I feel about FB as you do about baseball.  I actually like that part of both games.  Very interesting. 

38 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I feel about FB as you do about baseball.  I actually like that part of both games.  Very interesting. 

I get that but the difference with baseball it there is always opportunity for “action”. There is no whistle and stoppage of play.  When the ref blows the whistle that’s it action stops. A down In football lasts what a few second.  An innings in baseball can last 20 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

You lived and died with the Bills for all those years, thought the entire draught, and then you gave up on the team just on the cusp of greatness after they draft one of the most electric players in all of sports? 

Remind me why I should ask you for advice investing again? 

I wouldn’t give you advice because you jump to conclusions.  This will be my 6th year of not following the Bills. How long ago did they draft Josh?  Yeah….3 years ago.  I hate a QB that runs as much as he does.  Hated Flutie. 

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I wouldn’t give you advice because you jump to conclusions.  This will be my 6th year of not following the Bills. How long ago did they draft Josh?  Yeah….3 years ago.  I hate a QB that runs as much as he does.  Hated Flutie. 

On the cusp, I said you gave up when they where on the cusp of drafting Allen. In the grand scheme of life long Bills fandom, a few seasons is merely a blink of an eye. 

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

On the cusp, I said you gave up when they where on the cusp of drafting Allen. In the grand scheme of life long Bills fandom, a few seasons is merely a blink of an eye. 

No you did not.  Look at the word after (well that gave it away LOL) greatness. 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Stop with the nonsense.  I said infection and hospitalization rates are going up in the 18-38 age group and specifically said mortality rates are not going up at the same rate.  Grad level stats classes; I don’t need to defend my math abilities to someone who can’t read.

You predicted that a player would DIE this year- not get sick. If you want to walk back your prediction as hyperbole that is one thing but don't pretend I was not responding to what you said. It is a remote chance any NFL player dies this year.

19 hours ago, dpberr said:

Stepping back from this a minute, professional football players are young, male, athletic, fearless and have for many years risked life and limb in pursuit of success in a game.  Societally speaking, they are outliers and their general lifestyle would probably not make the list of “Smart things to do with mind and body.”.   The issue of players being vaccinated is indeed being debated to death—I read one opinion that players got vaxxed because Mahommes and Fitzy did.  I’d disagree, but do think lots of players vaxxed to protect their income/eligibility in the NFL, and may not have if not for the NFL.  

I think the NFL is protecting the brand, and the brand involves the best players playing their best week in and week out.  COVID has the potential to disrupt the brand, so it seems logical they want everyone vaxxed.  That’s not to say they do/don’t believe in vaxxing, or don’t care about the well-being of the individual, but as an enterprise it’s all about the show going on. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I get that but the difference with baseball it there is always opportunity for “action”. There is no whistle and stoppage of play.  When the ref blows the whistle that’s it action stops. A down In football lasts what a few second.  An innings in baseball can last 20 minutes. 

I wish I felt this way about baseball.   It really has bored me to tears since I was a kid, though I enjoy watching on a local level and certainly enjoyed it when my kids played. I always wished I could enjoy it more.  

I’m down to football and I do enjoy watching collegiate wrestling.  Action, strategy, sacrifice, suffering and I know enough to be wrong about most of it. 

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, 716er said:

About to miss the biggest game of the year because he was afraid of the vax

What a shame

Afraid?  Or on principle. 

Baker was vaxxed.  The Browns "did everything right."  Hahahaha

Their season ended at home yesterday in a game they win without question with him there.  

The protocols in the NFL, and the new normal your masters have in store for you because you're afraid of the flu is the problem.

Also...

Screenshot_20210812-233655_Gallery.jpg

32 minutes ago, 716er said:

About to miss the biggest game of the year because he was afraid of the vax

What a shame

Ummm, and you know that how? What a stupid ***** thing to say. Let me guess, your narrative will be that the vaccine kept Mongo alive, correct?

54459EBA-A5E4-4DDA-B32F-4FAA9AF5F946.jpeg

Edited by Beast