Josh to start vs Packers

Process

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

the Bills aren’t one of those teams and Allen isn’t one of those players. The preseason is a racket, nothing more.

On the bolded part, we agree. But only because the NFL charges regular season prices for exhibition games (at least for Season Ticket holders). THAT is a racket!

But to say the preseason is without value is simply preposterous, IMO.  Ask the head coaches. Even some very experienced QBs say they can use a bit of time in preseason to get up to speed and the feel of a real game.

They certainly don't need 4 games and may not need 3. IMO 2 warm up games is about right. What other major sport is run without a preseason? What would the officials do to get ready? 

For those who are concerned that Josh might be injured in, what I believe will be, just a couple/few series, I hope you are SCREAMING for the Bills to pull him when the game seems fairly settled. I will never understand why teams leave in their starting QB for the entire game when the score is out of hand.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree.  Rookies, Vets or not they should get in a quick warm up.

Well, he did have two lost fumbles against the Jets in week 1.

I was thinking of that too.  With QBs off limits to defensive player hits during training camp, ball security during the car wreck forces of NFL hits is impossible to simulate.  On the other hand, Josh had two fumbles vs. the Jets in the 2019 opener as well.  Not likely that a series or two in the last preseason game will remind him of what he needs to do to protect the ball while being hit.

12 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Lol no. Sorry he’s not a rookie there’s nothing to be re-acclimated to. There was no preseason last year and Allen was an MVP candidate. 

Exactly !!!
 I really hope this is not a f&€!in mistake that can end up costing BIG !! 

Edited by Putin
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

On the bolded part, we agree. But only because the NFL charges regular season prices for exhibition games (at least for Season Ticket holders). THAT is a racket!

But to say the preseason is without value is simply preposterous, IMO.  Ask the head coaches. Even some very experienced QBs say they can use a bit of time in preseason to get up to speed and the feel of a real game.

They certainly don't need 4 games and may not need 3. IMO 2 warm up games is about right. What other major sport is run without a preseason? What would the officials do to get ready? 

For those who are concerned that Josh might be injured in, what I believe will be, just a couple/few series, I hope you are SCREAMING for the Bills to pull him when the game seems fairly settled. I will never understand why teams leave in their starting QB for the entire game when the score is out of hand.

thanks dean i’m glad you got my point. And I agree with your points as well I just think the league could accomplish the same things you’re talking about with joint practices, organized scrimmages and stuff like that. No money in those things though so here we are. 

Dean you’re awesome never leave.

Quick passes, designed screens, and a lot of handing off.  I like that it's a 1:00 game so it'll feel like a game day.  I believe Josh fumbled the first drive in the season opener last year against a much easier defense than the Steelers.

Allen will probably play one series.  The same is probably true for most of the starters unless a situation like Dawkins who is playing his way back into shape.  I can see him in for a half.

I wouldn’t play MT hardly at all either.  Save him for when we need him.  Besides McD is going to have to make a decision on Fromm vs. Webb.  After Detroit I thought it would be Webb, but in the Bears game they both didn’t look that great.  Some people have posted we drafted Fromm, but we also in 2017 drafted Webb in the 3rd.  My guess is it will be Webb.

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

thanks dean i’m glad you got my point. And I agree with your points as well I just think the league could accomplish the same things you’re talking about with joint practices, organized scrimmages and stuff like that. No money in those things though so here we are. 

Get a damn room!

FB20060A-DBA6-4C97-B5CE-941614DC9D92.jpeg

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

On 9/12, in week 2 and week 3, there's something at stake to gain by taking the risk.

The answer is also yes.

Any time your franchise takes a massive hit and is slow getting up you should be petrified that the season may be lost.

That goes for any franchise, not just this one.

You think Chiefs fans are petrified anytime Mahomes takes a big hit?

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Quick passes, designed screens, and a lot of handing off.  I like that it's a 1:00 game so it'll feel like a game day.  I believe Josh fumbled the first drive in the season opener last year against a much easier defense than the Steelers.

Josh Fumbles in 2019 too.

Josh Fumbles, preseason is not going to cure that. 

11 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

You are too kind.

Has Aaron Rodgers been playing any preseason ball?

If so, I wonder if Allen talked McDermott into letting him go a couple series so he could have a chance to play against Rodgers once.

Just now, Simon said:

Has Aaron Rodgers been playing any preseason ball?

If so, I wonder if Allen talked McDermott into letting him go a couple series so he could have a chance to play against Rodgers once.

I mean he has played him in like his worst game from his rookie year.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:35 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was actually left a little confused by what McDermott said, it sounded to me as though he said the starters would play after the half.

Did anyone else catch that?

The long snapper will be available all game.

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment
Accidental double post.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:19 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Holy *****, youre back!!!

Yo! Yeah, I still read quite a bit. I missed this crew so I figured I’d reset my password and log back in. 

I remember having Todd Collins conversations here, so I’m kinda stuck I guess. :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1