Beasley and McKenzie are now subject to more enhanced Discipline.

MAJBobby

I’ve had it with the unvaxxed players.  Absolutely had it.  There is no earthly reason why they aren’t getting the jab and doing what they need to do to support the team paying them millions of dollars.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

If they have to forfeit a game and not get paid they will take it serious and face the wrath of the fans

Imagine the wrath of a player/players missing out on a $1 million dollar weekly paycheck!! Bart Scott said “ he’d punch them in the face” 😂 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

1 minute ago, 4thandGoal said:

I dont think Josh Allen got the shot(s) yet either. 

Which is fine as long as he is following protocols (which seems to be).  But dang really Beasley and McKenzie didnt when they KNEW the league was in the building, I man that is not even trying to hide it 

• Like (+1) 1

It's time to take a stand and cut these clowns.  I believe in personal choice, but their refusal to follow protocols is ridiculous and astoundingly selfish.  Inmates can't be running the asylum.  Nice players, but we'll survive without a couple of 5'8" gadget players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Cole "took one for the team" last year by playing hobbled in the playoffs.  He's entitled to his opinions and to express them, just like anyone else.  But I find it disingenuous for people to say he's not team-first.  Many of the people making these claims are likely the same ones lauding him for his toughness in the playoffs and hoping and wishing he'd make it back.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to express them freely.  

Couldn't disagree more.  Has he been team first in certain situations, sure.  But this is NOT about him getting the shot or not.  It’s his very public and very literal refusal to abide by safety guidelines and responsibilities that come with being unvaccinated.  He refuses to wear a mask indoors, he publicly said he WONT follow any requirements at or away from the facility.

Thats is one million percent a “me first” attitude and not “team first”.  He is not only jeopardizing the health of those players and staff around him, but he’s also just flat out risking their overall availability for each weeks game.  

So no disrespect, but you’re wrong in saying he’s a team first guy right now, he couldn’t be further from that.  He may be team first ON the field, but he is not remotely team first on his childish tantrum of refusing to just wear a mask so he doesn’t impact his teammates and staff.  

He’s turning into the ultimate “Karen” right now, and sounds like he’s enrolled McKenzie into Karen University.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Cole "took one for the team" last year by playing hobbled in the playoffs.  He's entitled to his opinions and to express them, just like anyone else.  But I find it disingenuous for people to say he's not team-first.  Many of the people making these claims are likely the same ones lauding him for his toughness in the playoffs and hoping and wishing he'd make it back.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to express them freely.  

I express a lot of opinions that I have to table to do my job. I can express them all I want, but I start to enact them to the detriment of my co-workers and employer than my employer is probably going to start wondering just how much value to the company is undercut by opinions. 

No one is asking him to get the shot. They are asking him to abide by the rules of those who didn't(that he agreed to..)

Edited by jeremy2020

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Which is fine as long as he is following protocols (which seems to be).  But dang really Beasley and McKenzie didnt when they KNEW the league was in the building, I man that is not even trying to hide it 

Given his recent unmasked press conference (where masks are definitely required for the unvaxxed) and his unmasked appearance at the NBA final game in Phoenix (where masks were required for the unvaxxed, although there was no testing or ID requirement), my viewis that he IS vaxxed but doesn’t want to show up his unvaxxed teammates. Basically, I think he’s saying that he’s on everyone’s side, meaning all of his teammates.  Just my opinion based on the evidence available. I have to think Beane told him there $200+ million reasons to get vaxxed in the recent negotiations.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  Has be team first in certain situations, sure.  But this is NOT about him getting the shot or not.  It’s his very public and very literal refusal to abide safety guidelines and responsibilities that come with being unvaccinated.  He refuses to wear a mask indoors, he said he WONT follow any requirements at or away from the facility.

Thats is one million percent a “me first” attitude and not “team first”.  He is not only jeopardizing the health of those players and staff around him l, but he’s also just flat out risking their overall availability for each weeks game.  

So no disrespect, but you’re wrong in saying he’s a team first guy right now, he couldn’t be further from that right now.  He may be team first ON the field, but he is not remotely team first on his childish tantrum of refusing to just wear a mask so he doesn’t impact his teammates and staff.  

He’s turning into the ultimate “Karen” right now, and sounds like he’s enrolled McKenzie into Karen University.  

Also, these rules aren't new, they aren't new protocols. They are the same exact protocols that were in place last season, the only difference? Vaccinated players don't have to follow those very restrictive protocols.

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I Do think there is a way to move on from BOTH Beasley and McKenzie if that is what the FO decides.

WR - Diggs / Kumerow

Slot - Sanders / Stevenson

WR - Davis /  This is the spot a little up in the air

That’s a considerable step down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Under no circumstances do I want to Cole and McKenzie off this team…

…is what I keep telling myself.  

But damn, I honestly can say they are approaching cut candidacy for me.  If we weren’t a major SB contender, maybe you can risk it more.  But the season is shortest in all of major professional team sports, you can not afford to give away any games.  Not to mention it’s one and done in the playoffs.  

The idea a flat out refusal to comply with a simple rule such as just wear a mask indoors can seriously impact our odds of reaching our goals as a team is something I find unacceptable.

You don’t trust the the shot because it’s not FDA approved, fine…except it is FDA approved now.  You still don’t trust the shot because a new reason you came up with, once again fine, that’s your choice.  But not complying with the mandated SAFETY PROTOCOLS that are there so those can have a choice of not getting the shot is unacceptable.  

This isn’t about not trusting a vaccine anymore, this is about throwing a tantrum because you don’t like rules and won’t follow them.  No one is making them get the shot, so just follow the damn protocols that come with that freedom of choice.

Seriously over this nonsense.  

Now that was well put. The league and union agreed on a set of rules. They should be followed. They can still make their points outside the facility and displeasure over the rules while following the rules inside. 

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Yup. Commish said that this cannot be a reason for being cut. Conduct detrimental, however…

Question "Beane why did you Cut McKenzie"

He is on a  1 year contract, Stevenson is future in that position and has performed well and improved alot, and  availability. 

There EASY You think ANY GM is going to say we cut them because they were unvaxxed?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  Has be team first in certain situations, sure.  But this is NOT about him getting the shot or not.  It’s his very public and very literal refusal to abide safety guidelines and responsibilities that come with being unvaccinated.  He refuses to wear a mask indoors, he said he WONT follow any requirements at or away from the facility.

Thats is one million percent a “me first” attitude and not “team first”.  He is not only jeopardizing the health of those players and staff around him l, but he’s also just flat out risking their overall availability for each weeks game.  

So no disrespect, but you’re wrong in saying he’s a team first guy right now, he couldn’t be further from that right now.  He may be team first ON the field, but he is not remotely team first on his childish tantrum of refusing to just wear a mask so he doesn’t impact his teammates and staff.  

Agree with your take, but this … is not what a “Karen” is. In fact, it’s nearly the opposite of being a Karen. (And I have a ton of problems with the term, btw.)

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

That’s a considerable step down.

And still a WR group that will put up a 13 win Season IMO.  Though I agree the group is better with Beasley, McKenzie IMO is a wash with Stevenson

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Haha (+1) 1