How do you decide where to get tickets at a road game?

I will be going to my first road game in 15 years in Jacksonville. I have honestly never bought themselves, always had my dad buy them because he always had people in Miami and Jacksonville then. Basically do you worry about section, and is there a "normal" place for visiting fans to sit? I know Bills fans will be 40% of fans at the game but curious on thoughts of those who go to road games often. 

I’ve gone to many road games in many stadiums over the years. Lately I’ve looked for tickets in the lowest row of the upper deck. Preferably in the first row. You get a great seat at a decent price and at least you’re not completely surrounded by opposing fans. (In reality the only stadium I’ve ever had a problem at was Oakland but the league took care of that when they moved out of that sewer.)

• Like (+1) 1

Stub Hub is OK, h ave used in the past.  The NFL ticket exchange is good but its more expensive in my experience. (used to be run by Ticketmaster).  Some places you will be OK wearing Bills gear, but some places not.  Don't wear Bills gear in Pittsburg we know from experience.   On one trip to Baltimore we ended up in the section for the Bills players families, who do sit in one section.  I have not heard of a visitors section  however. Good luck, tiks should be available in Jv.

It looks like there are plenty of seats available right from the team.  Click on the link.  If it says standard adult it's at face value +fees. I chose the fees included option but if it went back to before fees just change the filter in the upper right hand column.  If the tickets say verified resale, they are resale (obviously).  On the stadium diagram, click on each section & see what's available. https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/22005A9BCD71A731?brand=jaguars&artistid=805954&wt.mc_id=NFL_TEAM_JAC_SINGLE_GAME_TICKETS_PG_LINK_GAME6&utm_source=NFL.com&utm_medium=client&utm_campaign=NFL_TEAM_JAC&utm_content=SINGLE_GAME_TICKETS_PG_LINK_GAME6

I use Stub Hub and pick seats that are in my price range in the location I like best.   I don't do this, but I've noticed that the highest concentration of Bills fans tends to be in the lower level behind the Bills bench, between the ten yard lines.

A general rule of thumb is getting tickets on the Visitor Bench side. Usually lots of Bills Mafia right behind our bench. Other than that, there really isnt a way to find a "visitor friendly" section. Maybe find a Bills Backers club nearby who is making the trip to the game and get in with their ticket block or nearby.

10 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

I'm going to the kc game. I've heard they are generally good fans. I just went through the kc website. I haven't found that stub hub was any cheaper. Most all sections were available.

Are the fees the same? 

I’d agree just to go through the teams website.  There will be lots available.  The newness of Urban and Lawrence will be worn off by Nov. 7th, and even if they are building to a good team, the first year they will have a bunch of losses up front.   They aren’t beating the Broncos, Titans, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Dolphins.  So my guess is we will face them at 2-5 best guess.

Even if they don’t open the tarps, you could easily get cheap tix outside the stadium.  I understand peace of mind, but you’ll probably be able to migrate. In the one end zone is a really cool inside/outside bar that has the A/C blowing hard. It’s November so less likely ungodly hot, but it does happen occasionally.

Guaranteed there will be 20,000+ Bills fans there.  I’m normally there every 6 years or so just not going to swing it this year.

If you don’t have family or friends and want a hotel close to the stadium, right across the drawbridge which is maybe 1/4-1/3 mile from the stadium is the Crowne Plaza.  It’s nice enough and has a Ruth’s Chris in it.  You may want to book early as they fill up when they have home games.  Directly across the bridge from the hotel on the stadium side are a bunch of restaurants and bars.  It’s kid friendly enough.

Nice part if you stay there you can pretty much walk to find entertainment, eat, drink if you participate, and head over to the game.  

I looked up for you the Worlds Largest Cocktail Party is the week before on Halloween.  Not sure you know that’s the FL/GA game.  People arrive by the thousands by the previous Tuesday in RV’s and hotels are impossible to get anywhere near the stadium.  That is a zoo, but it’s a really fun time.

I hope that helps and PM me if you need anything else.

MGK

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will be going to my first road game in 15 years in Jacksonville. I have honestly never bought themselves, always had my dad buy them because he always had people in Miami and Jacksonville then. Basically do you worry about section, and is there a "normal" place for visiting fans to sit? I know Bills fans will be 40% of fans at the game but curious on thoughts of those who go to road games often. 

I would just wait. It will probably be free by then. No one goes to those games. It’s like going to a St. Pete Devil Rays game 15 years ago. Parking is probably more than the ticket. You won’t have any problem getting in that game the day of. Maybe I’ll see you there. It isn’t worth worrying about this early as far as tickets. I would wait to see if both QB’s are playing in that game first.

Edited by Governor

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I looking at getting tickets too.  Jax in early Nov can still be warm so unless you're a sun lover I'd try and get tickets on the west side lower down as that will be the first area in the shade.  It appears that's the side behind the Jax bench.

I did forget about the shade issue. Even in November that much direct sunlight is bad for my Irish skin. That will have to be a consideration.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve gone to many road games in many stadiums over the years. Lately I’ve looked for tickets in the lowest row of the upper deck. Preferably in the first row. You get a great seat at a decent price and at least you’re not completely surrounded by opposing fans. (In reality the only stadium I’ve ever had a problem at was Oakland but the league took care of that when they moved out of that sewer.)

Heck that's my strategy for home games, I prefer the view from up top.  I've had lower bowl midfield seats like 7 or 13 rows (forget which) from the sideline, but my favorite seats ever were 300 level 50 yard line front row.

Edited by 1ManRaid