Jets Carl Lawson suffers leg injury **Update - Out for the season

Virgil

There was a Russian gymnast at the Olympics who had an Achilles rupture in April, I think.  He competed and medaled, I believe.  Astounding.  Expectations are, if Lawson ruptured his Achilles, that he would easily miss the entire season and may still be less than 100% when he reports to camp next year.

Edited by BigAl2526

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

My disdain for the Jets does not extend to individuals, except for Henry Anderson. **** that guy. Sad news for Lawson though. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery. 

Guys like Henry Anderson should be more heavily fined/suspended.  The NFL worries about players taunting, what Henry Anderson does endangers others players bodies. It isnt a "mistake" when it happens repeatedly.  https://www.facebook.com/Coldfrontreport/videos/dirty-hits-by-jets-dl-henry-anderson-on-josh-allen-stephen-hauschka/387196525511067/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

There was a Russian gymnast at the Olympics who had an Achilles rupture in April, I think.  He competed and medaled, I believe.  Astounding.  Expectations are, it Lawson ruptured his Achilles, that he'll easily miss the entire season and may still be less than 100% when he reports to camp next year.

he's 26 so a year of rehabbing should have him ready for next year. 

As a person who shares the surname Lawson, I sure hate to see any Lawson go down with an injury. 

I of course had wanted the Bills to sign Carl, mainly because it's been too long since there was a Lawson on this team to root for. 

In all seriousness, always hate to see serious injuries. It's always preferable to see the Bills dominate a fully healthy team over a team missing their best players. 

My best friend is a Jets fan. We used to have arguments over whether it was worse to be a Bills fan or a Jets fan. I've been happily losing that argument for the past few years. That said, I hope there comes a day when the Patriots are irrelevant, the Dolphins are a mess, and the Bills and Jets duke it out for the AFC East every year for a decade. Of course, it's much easier to have sympathy for Jets fans now that I don't live in New York City and am no longer surrounded by guys in Wayne Chrebet jerseys. 

27 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

he's 26 so a year of rehabbing should have him ready for next year. 

Achilles has ruined careers, Sanders is one of the better recovery stories.

Hate to see it, even if it’s a Jet. I hope Lawson regains his form and can slap around Macky Jones and Tua for a few years. 

• Virgil changed the title to Jets Carl Lawson suffers leg injury
43 minutes ago, H2o said:

My disdain for the Jets does not extend to individuals, except for Henry Anderson. **** that guy. Sad news for Lawson though. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery. 

I just looked Henry Anderson up.  What is the slimiest franchise/organization he would go to?  He is now their starting RDE.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

There was another article I didn’t link that said others heard it and knew it was bad.  I’m going to edit the title 

I was expecting something Bridgewater-like....not that his isn't isn't serious. It is.

A great player, similar to Jerry Hughes who brings it. He will be missed in 2021. Good luck in his rehab. Still a great signing by the Jets to solidify their pass rush. Dude has 20 career sacks on the Bengals, he was due for a 10+ sack season with the talent on the Jets D like Jerry did after coming from Indy in 2013.

29 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I just looked Henry Anderson up.  What is the slimiest franchise/organization he would go to?  He is now their starting RDE.

Oh yeah, I know. No surprise at all. My hatred for him began while he was wearing a Jets uni though. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2