Good Night / Bad Night - Pre-season game 1

GunnerBill

For some reason the game wasn’t on in Stamford CT. Atlanta game was on 😤. Drove upstate to Elliottville today and just saw the highlights on the local news.  saw last night many complimenting Our punter. Said he hit 3 or 4 inside the 20. Usually when we’re complimenting the punting the team sucks. But good to hear he did well

3 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

For some reason the game wasn’t on in Stamford CT. Atlanta game was on 😤. Drove upstate to Elliottville today and just saw the highlights on the local news.  saw last night many complimenting Our punter. Said he hit 3 or 4 inside the 20. Usually when we’re complimenting the punting the team sucks. But good to hear he did well

Wait for this one: 54 freakin' yards #WhataDomeCanDo

3 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

As Joe Marino has pointed out, Haack is also a much better holder than Bojorquez. When a kicker misses we love roasting him and usually don't acknowledge the hold unless it's overt.

Bojo would often have it lopsided instead of standing up straight or the laces would be wrong, you really could see it a lot of the time if you looked for it. It sounds funny but every one of Haack's holds were surgical. He's a pro. The Dolphins' kicker Sanders had a career year with Haack. I think Bass is gonna kill it even more this year and approach his craft with confidence. So yeah...holding, everybody.

Edited by 2020 Our Year For Sure
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

We need corner depth.  That will be the downfall of this team against KC.  

There is no corner on God's Planet who can cover Kelce and the KC WR in the absence of strong pressure from the Starting DL.

We needed an upgrade on DL.  My concern is whether we got enough.

Beane will be on the lookout and if they feel they need more depth at corner, they will pick someone up during roster cuts.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

As Joe Marino has pointed out, Haack is also a much better holder than Bojorquez. When a kicker misses we love roasting him and usually don't acknowledge the hold unless it's overt.

Bojo would often have it lopsided instead of standing up straight or the laces would be wrong, you really could see it a lot of the time if you looked for it. It sounds funny but every one of Haack's holds were surgical. He's a pro. The Dolphins' kicker Sanders had a career year with Haack. I think Bass is gonna kill it even more this year and approach his craft with confidence. So yeah...holding, everybody.

"Laces Out, Bojo"

Wonder how Bojo's doing for the Rams?  He's not assured a roster spot, competing against Hekker

Wonder if the Rams have noticed his holding problems and if that will weigh into the competition.

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Thanks…. Scratching my head wondering why the Bills did absolutely nothing at corner all off-season. Still not too late….

I really thought Dane would step it up and take that CB2 away from Levi. Boy was I wrong. Stevenson's speed and return ability should get him a spot. Hart is gonzo. Neither Webb nor Fromm impressed me.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There is no corner on God's Planet who can cover Kelce and the KC WR in the absence of strong pressure from the Starting DL.

We needed an upgrade on DL.  My concern is whether we got enough.

Beane will be on the lookout and if they feel they need more depth at corner, they will pick someone up during roster cuts.

I’m not counting on our defense to stop Mahomes ,  I think Josh will have to play lights out for us to win 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Good night for Zimmer, bad night for Harrison Phillips. Joe Buscaglia pointed out that Zimmer barely played last night, while Phillips played the entire 1st half. That tells you where the coaches place them.

Phillips play looked to be at the level he was approaching pre-injury last night to me. Looked very stout vs. the run and got upfield some even. Guess I saw it differently.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then why are you "pissed" about how we used our 2nd round pick?

Well because we still have 16 other games besides KC that we have to play , and we can’t expect Josh to play lights out in all of them 

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

I doubt the Bills coaches spent one minute game-planning for last night. 

They spent a lot of time game-planning in that game but the game-planning is different than in regular season games.

They wanted to test players with live opponents to see how would they react and whether they put to use what they have gone over in camp including corrections.  In order to do that they need to game plan to get as many possible plays.  It is like a scrimmage except you do not do the planning with opponent.

There will be a number of players doing corrections especially on items flagged.

Did anyone see any referees in training camp videos?  I haven't and I have been looking for them.

When a good percentage of referees were made fulltime part of the justification was they were going to help teach during training camp but they got a hall pass with COVID last year.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

That’s a lot of faith in a couple late round picks as depth for a team with SB aspirations. 

But isn't that how roster development works for teams interested in the kind of sustainable success Beane has aspired to? (I'm thinking of organizations like GB, PITT, and BAL when I type this. Teams that have QBs (for the most part), and rely elsewhere upon sober, draft-based, long-term roster-building (for the most part). They don't behave like KC or the LA Rams, with their high turnover and reduced reliance upon drafted depth.)

I understand the desire for the most recent 2nd-round pick to be spent on a promising CB or OL instead of another DE. But outside of that, I'm not sure what the better approach would be.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know if it was a mistake, but Basham didn’t look good in the game, and there have been several reports his first TC has been mediocre.

I originally thought he would shine given his college experience and Rousseau would have to develop over time.  It’s only 1 PS game, so we’ll see.

• Like (+1) 1