Afghanistan

22 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Your a idiot.

20 years to come up with a plan?....How about having a plan to start with?

Afganistan attacked us? ...Last time I checked it was Saudi Nationals 

And we "beat" the Saudis by becoming energy independent

Ooops. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

leaving was fine, doing it so poorly and chaotically is a big problem. This has been an epic disaster. 

But if we get most of these people out, no one is going to remember a minor blip. 

When I left the house, it was a bunch of Afghans on their phones waiting for the next plane to come.

I think you might be sensationalizing this to some degree.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Sorry I wasn't clear.  How many major terrorist attacks carried out by Muslim Extremists in those 20 years? 

Not nearly as many as right wing terrorist attacks in our own country. 

You’re right! People need to take a step back and put it altogether.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Not nearly as many as right wing terrorist attacks in our own country. 

You’re right! People need to take a step back and put it altogether.

How many right wing terrorist attacks have we had on our country in the last 20 years?  Even though it has ZERO to do with our conversation and I have no idea (well actually I do) why you brought it up. 

• Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

But if we get most of these people out, no one is going to remember a minor blip. 

When I left the house, it was a bunch of Afghans on their phones waiting for the next plane to come.

I think you might be sensationalizing this to some degree.

I saw footage of a bunch of Afghans clinging to the side of a taxing kc141 Air Force cargo plane. I don’t think it was the plane they were waiting for. 

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Mission accomplished??

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

How many right wing terrorist attacks have we had on our country in the last 20 years?  Even though it has ZERO to do with our conversation and I have no idea (well actually I do) why you brought it up. 

Well, there was that one last  Muslim attack in California where the feds wanted Apple to unlock the iPhone and refused. They then sent the phone to Israel and later claimed they were able to get into that phone. They never did. It was an IPhone 4. They basically ate ***** on that one.

Since then, it’s all been white nationalist shootings in this country. Dozens of them including the terrorist attack on the “people’s house.”

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Sorry I wasn't clear.  How many major terrorist attacks carried out by Muslim Extremists in those 20 years? 

- Boston Marathon bombing

- Curtis Caldwell Center

- Ohio State

- NYC truck attack

Not bad to have 4 of the 100ish terrorist attacks be from Muslim extremists.

7 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

- Curtis Caldwell Center

- Ohio State

- NYC truck attack

There was that one shooting from that Saudi kid at the military base. I can’t remember where that was. I believe he was recently tried and convicted.

Edited by Governor

24 minutes ago, Governor said:

Well, there was that one last  Muslim attack in California where the feds wanted Apple to unlock the iPhone and refused. They then sent the phone to Israel and later claimed they were able to get into that phone. They never did. It was an IPhone 4. They basically ate ***** on that one.

Since then, it’s all been white nationalist shootings in this country. Dozens of them including the terrorist attack on the “people’s house.”

You call a couple nutjobs in San Bernardino a major terrorist attack. 

So my point is well founded.  We have had essentially no major terrorist attacks in our country since 911.  Do you think our presence in the Middle East (i.e. Afghanistan) has kept them busy there and not here?  

24 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

- Curtis Caldwell Center

- Ohio State

- NYC truck attack

So a bunch of random whack jobs.  I'm talking coordinated attacks a la 911.  

So my thought all along is the reason why there have not been any major coordinated attacks is because we've kept them busy fighting our soldiers there vs our civilians here. 

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So my thought all along is the reason why there have not been any major coordinated attacks is because we've kept them busy fighting our soldiers there vs our civilians here. 

We've also killed thousands of them and interdicted their financial support.

The way this gets stopped is to cut off supply.

The Taliban is a group of people who would not survive a high school entrance exam.

They are supported by entities that are determined to fight proxy wars.

All the usual suspects, well at least two or three.

End that, you end the Taliban.

Ok I like to think I'm pretty good and logical thinking so here goes.

One of our main reasons we were told we were in Afghanistan was to prepare the Afghans to run their country and protect their citizens from the Taliban. We gave them planes, helicopter, armored vehicles and 20 years of training to do so.  At least this is what we were told.  Here we are 20 years later and they fall like a house of cards.  So what in the mother effing hell were we doing there for all those 20 years?  My educated guess was lining the pockets of our politicians and their military industrial complex friends.  We've been had folks.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

One of our main reasons we were told we were in Afghanistan was to prepare the Afghans to run their country and protect their citizens from the Taliban. We gave them planes, helicopter, armored vehicles and 20 years of training to do so.  At least this is what we were told.  Here we are 20 years later and they fall like a house of cards.  So what in the mother effing hell were we doing there for all those 20 years?  My educated guess was lining the pockets of our and their politicians and our and their military industrial complex friends.  We've been had folks.  

FIFY.

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

One of our main reasons we were told we were in Afghanistan was to prepare the Afghans to run their country and protect their citizens from the Taliban. We gave them planes, helicopter, armored vehicles and 20 years of training to do so.  At least this is what we were told.  Here we are 20 years later and they fall like a house of cards.  So what in the mother effing hell were we doing there for all those 20 years?  My educated guess was lining the pockets of our politicians and their military industrial complex friends.  We've been had folks.  

Coming from a military family, we've absolutely been training Afghanistan soldiers for years

We weren't fighting afghanistanis, we are fighting the Taliban alongside Afghanistan soldiers that we were training 

Unfortunately like a lot of our military commanders,  generals said, 

There's not much allegiance for those soldiers in the Afghan army.. because the fate of the country is uncertain.. if you don't believe what you're fighting for, cuz you can't see it actually coming to fruition.. 

Then at the first drop of adversity during a battle, they don't hunker down with their brothers and fight... They flee because they'd rather live than die for A cause that they're not sure will happen 

They don't put up much of a fight

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

OK, I get that. I don't agree with it. All least not all of it.

But doesn't this mean that you should be applauding Biden? He did what Trump promised to do, but Trump didn't deliver on that promise. Biden "put America first" (essentially what Biden was saying in his speech today) rather than some general notion of human rights or even the very specific notion of women's rights in other countries.

So ... it's Two Cheers for Joe????

• Haha (+1) 1