Training Camp practice 7/31 - open to fans at Highmark Stadium

11 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

To be clear, my preference is that Fromm plays well in preseason and he sticks around as QB3 this year. Trubisky is likely here only 1 year and we need a capable backup when he’s gone. Capable being the operative word when speaking of Fromm. We don’t know what he has/does not have yet. Based on some of the early reports out of camp, Fromm has underwhelmed. If that continues, you cut both Fromm and Webb and keep one of them around on PS. Frees up an extra spot on the active roster for another player at a position of depth (e.g., WR, DL, OL, exclusive special teamer). 

Even if Fromme plays well, there’s just no need for a third QB on this roster this season— too much talent fighting for spots as it is. By the time the season starts, most teams have their backup dialed in to their playbook. Unless he absolutely lights it up in preseason, Fromme will be perfectly safe on the PS. If he gets an offer from another team, they can counter offer if they feel like it. 

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Even if Fromme plays well, there’s just no need for a third QB on this roster this season— too much talent fighting for spots as it is. By the time the season starts, most teams have their backup dialed in to their playbook. Unless he absolutely lights it up in preseason, Fromme will be perfectly safe on the PS. If he gets an offer from another team, they can counter offer if they feel like it. 

Maybe we can get a 3rd for Squeaky Fromme

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Day 4 for Parrino & Talbot…sorry am posting this so late in the day. 

Quick Hits:

-Kumerow is the complete package, sneaky fast off the line, can see why Aaron Rodgers hated to see him go. Potential knock is his age for a #6 WR at age 29, but they think is non-issue. Can’t sneak him onto the practice squad this year.

-Fans: felt like a game day environment. Pretty serious wave—in midseason form! Players were blown away by how many fans showed up for a practice! Dane Jackson shocked they knew who he was lol. 

-Rousseau on track to put up a fight for a starting job opposite Hughes—into the 4th day still getting 1st team reps—good sign. 

-Efe Obada continuing his showcase off the outside and has good inside moves as well. Basham predominantly on the 2nd team, and was ok today, nothing jumped out.

—Hart at tackle is what he is, more down than up, roster spot not secure by any means. 

-Harrison Phillips is looking huge, settling into 1tech role, was 2nd team today. 

There’s more, but those were the main ones.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

it’s almost as if people on message boards blow things entirely out of proportion when they hear things they don’t like. 

Do you think every professional athlete is immune to making mistakes on the big stage?  Do you think they all completely tune out the crowds and perform the same under every circumstance?  There’s a reason the term “big stage” exists. Some athletes choke.  Some try and do too much.  Some are affected by nerves. Some rise to the occasion and thrive on the big stage.  All athletes are not created equal. I’ve seen Josh “try and do too much” on the big stage.  The worlds has. We’ve also seen him thrive and overcome. Let’s just not act like he is immune to it. He’s not

Simply pointing out that every single QB in the league played in this environment and not many had the success he did cause if you’re still uncertain about Josh Allen as a successful qb in this league I honestly don’t know what to tell you….Tom Brady threw three Ints against the Packers in the second half and the reason they still won was cause the rest of his team helped him out….cause if you think the Buffalo Bills can get a better qb then this guy Id like to see you try  

6 hours ago, yall said:

If only we could point to a Sunday night or Thanksgiving primetime game against a hostile crowd as evidence to counter this narrative....

I don't think you get the point.

4 hours ago, yall said:

I was recently thinking the same thing. Granted I'm a pretty decent sized guy, but I saw Ed Oliver at Tops a few weeks ago and was amazed at how big he wasn't.

You should probably pick a fight with him... I'm sure you stand a chance.  :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Prospector said:

If I knew how to post gifs, I would post the gif of Bill Murray in Kingpin pretending to be scared when Munson bowls a strike... but I don't know how to, so you win this round technology!

Hit reply to topic or quote and GIF box pops up in upper left corner( above quote)

😉

I feel like people are overhyping Kumerow because of the Rodgers comment.

He is what he is at this point and battling Hodgins and a rookie for a roster spot. I think if it's a pretty close competition, the Bills will opt to keep their draftees.

Any kind of trade compensation for Kumerow would be welcome. His value seems to have peaked

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Simply pointing out that every single QB in the league played in this environment and not many had the success he did cause if you’re still uncertain about Josh Allen as a successful qb in this league I honestly don’t know what to tell you….Tom Brady threw three Ints against the Packers in the second half and the reason they still won was cause the rest of his team helped him out….cause if you think the Buffalo Bills can get a better qb then this guy Id like to see you try  

God posts like this just irritate me. You are completely missing the points to which you're responding to. Who the ***** said Josh Allen can't be a successful QB in this league? I dunno, maybe you're new to being a Bills fan and you're happy with playoffs year after year, which I bet most of us believe we'll reach at this point.

Some of us older folk (and full disclosure... I'm 40) have already experienced that and are seeking Ws on the biggest stage in sports.

Don't conflate questions with doubts. It's a simple-minded approach to a complex conversation.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

42 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

God posts like this just irritate me. You are completely missing the points to which you're responding to. Who the ***** said Josh Allen can't be a successful QB in this league? I dunno, maybe you're new to being a Bills fan and you're happy with playoffs year after year, which I bet most of us believe we'll reach at this point.

Some of us older folk (and full disclosure... I'm 40) have already experienced that and are seeking Ws on the biggest stage in sports.

Don't conflate questions with doubts. It's a simple-minded approach to a complex conversation.

Let’s see I sat through the Todd Collins era, I sat through the Rob Jonson era, I sat through the Drew Bledsoe era, I sat through the Trent Edwards era, I sat through the Kyle Orton era, I sat through the Ej Manuel era, and I sat through the Tyrod Taylor era, oh and Nathan Pederman…my Bills stripes where earned along time ago…

Allen has more talent then all these guys combined and yet I never have seen a qb of this franchise nitpicked like this by yourself or others…this guy literally still has to be the Buffalo Bills running game too unless Singletary and Moss magically turn into Davis and Thomas it will be this way this year as well…

Like I posted before let’s just trade this guy to Miami or Philly for Tua or Jalen and say 2 number ones and let’s see what team has a better record at the end of the year 

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Let’s see I sat through the Todd Collins era, I sat through the Rob Jonson era, I sat through the Drew Bledsoe era, I sat through the Trent Edwards era, I sat through the Kyle Orton era, I sat through the Ej Manuel era, and I sat through the Tyrod Taylor era, oh and Nathan Pederman…my Bills stripes where earned along time ago…

Allen has more talent then all these guys combined and yet I never have seen a qb of this franchise nitpicked like this by yourself or others…this guy literally still has to be the Buffalo Bills running game too unless Singletary and Moss magically turn into Davis and Thomas it will be this way this year as well…

Like I posted before let’s just trade this guy to Miami or Philly for Tua or Jalen and say 2 number ones and let’s see what team has a better record at the end of the year 

You began with Todd Collins, so you apparently became entrenched as a Bills fan in 1997... so you're either still in your 20s, someone who's switched teams, or someone who became a fan later in life.

I won't speak for everyone else in their late 30s and over, but experiencing the combination of elation and heartbreak of 4 straight years of being the Super Bowl runner up monumentally affected me as a sports fan... and the impacts resonate nearly 3 decades later.

I want Allen. I want him because I believe he'll be great. I want Allen because I believe he'll lead this team to multiple Super Bowls.

But belief inherently leaves room for questions, which was all I was doing.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

My favorite part of this is how JA17 runs up to Knox to congratulate him. He is the definition of a team player and it’s easy to see why everyone loves him and rallies around him. He’s gonna lead us to atleast 3 Super Bowls. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

were those really era's?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

My favorite part of this is how JA17 runs up to Knox to congratulate him. He is the definition of a team player and it’s easy to see why everyone loves him and rallies around him. He’s gonna lead us to atleast 3 Super Bowls. 

Honestly, I’ll just be happy with ONE!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You seem to be missing the point. It's not road crowds that are the problem -- it's the expectations of the home crowd and wanting to put on a show for them. It gets in Josh's head. He's admitted that he gets too hyped up in front of our fans and needs to improve.

The vast majority of Allen's best performances have been on the road. There's a reason for that.

It cracks me up when people react negatively to these facts (100% facts) over and over again. Folks just can't handle it.

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes almost like we need him to play the Cowboys with Dak Prescott on Thanksgiving with a full stadium and be the best player on the field to change this narrative …..oh wait 🤔

Again, missing the point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1