All of this uncertainty in the NFC seems to be paving a path for the Bucs to represent the Conference in SB again this year.

Seattle, Rams #1 defense and upgraded whether people want to admit it QB, SF key losses back who went to the SB and were winning for 3 and 1/2 quarters, Rodgers will be back and the WR will settle down,  and NO was out when Brees retired.

This is far from settled and of the Bucs make the SB great, but then I’m biased as I’ve lived here the last half of my life.  As long as we beat the Chiefs and then beat Brady, I could care less.

Where I’ll agree is the ascending AFC young QB’s is impressive where the NFC guys are getting older.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Rams lose their RB, Saints lose their WR Packers may or may not have their QB, etc. I am honestly not sure who else in the NFC can challenge them.  Meanwhile, the AFC just keeps getting stronger.  

Somebody will step into that starting RB role for the Rams and they won’t miss a beat. If Aaron Donald went down then it would be a different story. I’d advise people who play Fantasy to take a flyer on the backup RB for LA. 💯 

Won’t matter at all, because we are going to kick their azsez half to death in the Super Bowl, just sayin,

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think any team in the NFC West has the potential to make it to the Superbowl.

The Cardinals have one of the best wr groups in the league (Hopkins, AJ Green, Rondale Moore) and just added JJ Watt on defense.

The 49ers were ravaged by injuries last season and have one of the most talented rosters overall.

McVay made Jared Goff look like a top qb and now he has a legitimate top qb in Stafford. They still have the best player in the league in Aaron Donald.

The Seahawks are frequently underestimated before the season, yet Russell Wilson gets them in the playoffs almost every season.

With a weak overall conference, I think we see 3 playoff teams from the NFC West this year. I think the Rams have the fire power to take out Tampa.

Edited by Allen2Diggs

This time of the year, sports writers need to stick with decaf. Never forget that they are trying to sell stories, clicks, and advertising.  Much of the ongoing drama is much ado about nothing.  Rodgers won't walk away from $35 M, Thomas won't miss a significant number of games, Henderson will be just fine for the Rams, and SF won't have a mass exodus to IR like last season.  Tampa Bay may or not win the NFC but it won't be a cake walk.  They were lucky to avoid a bunch of injuries.  They may not be that lucky two years in a row.

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Rams lose their RB, Saints lose their WR Packers may or may not have their QB, etc. I am honestly not sure who else in the NFC can challenge them.  Meanwhile, the AFC just keeps getting stronger.  

Brady is going to fall off a cliff at some point. It will not be a slow decline. Nobody knows when it will happen but Father Time has never been defeated. Counting on him to continue playing at that level is not wise on a game to game basis let alone for the entire year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Good. I wanna retire that bastard and win our first SB all in one shot. 

You think if Brady takes his team to the Superbowl he'll want to retire?

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Brady is going to fall off a cliff at some point. It will not be a slow decline. Nobody knows when it will happen but Father Time has never been defeated. Counting on him to continue playing at that level is not wise on a game to game basis let alone for the entire year.

Good call. I was thinking the same thing. Brady's 44 year old arm might be the Bucs' biggest obstacle.

8 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I mean the Bucs were and 11-5 wildcard team.  They got hot at the right time and had a little luck in the playoffs.  They were not some super power that went 15-1.  People seem to forget that.

Correct and the Saints beat the Bucs twice in season, but now Brees is gone.  My point is not the prowess of the Saints, but 5e Bucs just didn’t steamroll everyone last year. The Bears beat the Bucs last year.  Nothing is a lock.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That team is all about the Defense right now. Brady is basically in the “Manning with the Broncos” role now. That being said, the image of Brady falling off of a cliff (literally or figuratively) does make me happy.