It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes I know the vaccine is most likely working to prevent death.  I understand it 100%.  You'd think that would be cause for celebration and a "We're done here" declaration to a country that is beyond done....

But Israel is also over that threshold (they've been the gold standard of vaccination rates) and they are still mitigating - the new PM is urging people to not shake hands.... 

Israelis describe what it's like when your country vaccinates its way out of the pandemic — only for the Delta variant to fuel rising cases

After the most successful COVID-19 vaccination program in the world, Israel lifted social-distancing rules and mask requirements at the start of June.

Then a low — but rising — number of cases, fueled by the arrival of the Delta variant, prompted the government to bring back masks in indoor spaces, announce a drive to vaccinate kids, and impose mass testing for airport arrivals.

Authorities are determined to avoid another spike. There are currently just 33 serious cases in Israel and a seven-day average of 321 new daily cases, compared with about 8,600 in January in the early stages of its vaccine drive.

But 13,000 students and teachers are now in quarantine, and the interior minister has threatened to shut down Ben Gurion Airport if cases continue to increase.

https://www.businessinsider.com/israels-reaction-delta-variant-covid-restrictions-2021-7

There is no end.  

I do agree countries including ours is way over reacting to COVID 19 especially now.

But that doesn't prove the vaccine does not work.  It prevents death and severe cases in a YUUUUUUUUUUUUGE majority of people.  That's why it grates on me to hear you say it didn't doesn't work. Sure there are breakthrough cases but no one ever said it was 100%.

More people die of Alziemers every day than COVID. COVID kills 1/6 as many as heart disease every day.

And I don't just follow whatever government says.  I'm very skeptical of them cuz they lie so much. But with the vaccine, the proof is in the pudding a la King County.

Edited by reddogblitz

Should've worked at Vanguard.  Good news on vaccinations in purple/red states.

Vanguard is offering its employees $1,000 to get vaccinated against Covid-19, the company has confirmed.

The asset management giant follows Facebook, Google, Microsoft and other employers calling on workers to get the coronavirus vaccine amid growing concerns about the fast spread of the delta variant.

“Vanguard recognizes vaccines are the best way to stop the spread of this virus and strongly encourages crew to be vaccinated,” Charles Kurtz, a spokesperson for Vanguard, said in a statement shared with CNBC. “As such, we are offering a vaccine incentive for crew who provide COVID-19 vaccination proof. The incentive recognizes crew who have taken the time to protect themselves, each other, and our communities by being vaccinated.”

Kurtz also confirmed the company’s 16,500 eligible employees have until Oct. 1 to get the vaccine, which Bloomberg first reported Wednesday.

Walgreens Boots Alliance said Wednesday that the number of vaccines it has administered has surged by more than 30% in the past few weeks in certain states, including Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Kentucky.

That number could rise as the Food and Drug Administration gives full approval, versus emergency use authorization, to the vaccines, which it aims to do for the Pfizer vaccine next month. Still, businesses like Vanguard are encouraging employees not to wait.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

And I don't just follow whatever government says.  I'm very skeptical of them cuz they lie so much. But with the vaccine, the proof is in the pudding a la King County.

The more evidence of its effectiveness mounts up and with these mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna) you'll likely see FDA approval by Labor Day.  You're going to see more vaccine mandates from private employers as this variants shifts to other parts of the country.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Since this administration loves giving out free money so much, I’m wondering why they aren’t offering a vaccine bonus stimulus. 

I guess that does not fit the agenda   

Too late.  It's been suggested on both sides of the aisle before.  The complications of verification prevented it as that money needed to go out ASAP to keep the economy afloat.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/03/1500-stimulus-checks-for-covid-19-shots-how-one-plan-would-work.html

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/nation-world/congressman-suggests-third-stimulus-checks-for-vaccine/507-10b4c1d9-5890-4505-a909-995f75738f75

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Too late.  It's been suggested on both sides of the aisle before.  The complications of verification prevented it as that money needed to go out ASAP to keep the economy afloat.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/03/1500-stimulus-checks-for-covid-19-shots-how-one-plan-would-work.html

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/nation-world/congressman-suggests-third-stimulus-checks-for-vaccine/507-10b4c1d9-5890-4505-a909-995f75738f75

Nonsense- the economy was already stabilized and recovering at that point and the covid relief bill had tons of spending programs a lot harder than vax for cash to manage if you go back and read the bill. 

15 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

This is the biggest bunch of crap I’ve seen on here in a long time!

The hate you spew here everyday is proof you don’t care about anything or anyone but your political agenda.

Stop pretending you care about anyone who disagree’s you.

Just stop it!

Are you a victim?

11 hours ago, Beach said:

are they passing out fake cards yet?  asking for a friend, of course.

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’ve heard they’re easy to get. 

Remarkably easy to counterfeit, they have no security features whatsoever.  Someone in my agency arrested someone for trying to pass a fake one, but it was a really bad fake. 

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Remarkably easy to counterfeit, they have no security features whatsoever.  Someone in my agency arrested someone for trying to pass a fake one, but it was a really bad fake. 

And how are they inventoried at the Pharmacy?  They should have a barcode on them that is scanned when they are issued.  Inventoried before and after each shift. Also there should be some sort of official stamp that is added when they are given out with a unique barcode for the particular place of issuance.  The government is really clueless when it comes to this stuff.  You mandate them the black market for them will be HUGE! 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

And how are they inventoried at the Pharmacy?  They should have a barcode on them that is scanned when they are issued.  Inventoried before and after each shift. Also there should be some sort of official stamp that is added when they are given out with a unique barcode for the particular place of issuance.  The government is really clueless when it comes to this stuff.  You mandate them the black market for them will be HUGE! 

I mean stealing the blank cards would be another move.  I think they got someone on that out west recently.  But from what I understand they just come in shrink wrapped stacks and there's like a vaccine batch number that goes on there or something.  Idk I got my shots in January/February and almost immediately lost my card lmao

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Does the vaccine work on Delta variant?

I keep hearing about how rare breakthrough cases are for the vaccinated, but most of the people I know who have gotten covid - and had symptoms - are vaccinated.  

If the govt/media want to tell me that the vaccine helps with the symptoms.. cool, I’ll buy that, but stop lying about breakthrough cases… we all know they are far more prevalent than led to believe. 

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I keep hearing about how rare breakthrough cases are for the vaccinated, but most of the people I know who have gotten covid - and had symptoms - are vaccinated.  

If the govt/media want to tell me that the vaccine helps with the symptoms.. cool, I’ll buy that, but stop lying about breakthrough cases… we all know they are far more prevalent than led to believe. 

Just found something interesting...

https://www.verywellhealth.com/cdc-report-vaccinated-breakthrough-infections-5195483

The report in the article seems to suggest that vaccinated people are just as dangerous as the unvaccinated...

This would seem to make sense with why vaccinated people are being made to wear masks...too bad the NFL hasn’t caught onto this latest info...I think all players should be held to the same standard if the virus can be equally spread...but maybe I’m wrong...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1