Overall score: 85.6

CATEGORY SCORE NFL

RANK

Overall roster (minus QB) 85.0 6

Quarterback 90.0 3

Coaching 87.3 7

Draft 76.0 14

Front office 88.3 3

I wonder why “draftniks” are so down on a player, in Rousseau, who had the same amount of sacks as Chase Young who was the consensus #1 pick?

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Tampa is the defending SB champion and Brady returns - given these factors it is hard to argue they should be lower.

Baltimore on the other hand, is an insult to be listed ahead of the Bills.

Is it because Baltimore looks great vs. anybody but KC or us?

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I wonder why “draftniks” are so down on a player, in Rousseau, who had the same amount of sacks as Chase Young who was the consensus #1 pick?

It's just where they are in their development as players 

Rousseau has the physical tools but his game is lacking the refinement of Chase young 

Rousseau is going to have to develop a bevy of pass rush moves AND counters at an NFL level 

Chase Young had a crazy nuanced pass rush game coming out. A legitimate gameplan of attack... He can bend and dip , he can attack inside ... Spin inside and out.. swim ..he has power..  he has a counter to the offensive lineman's counter.. which is impressive 

That's why he was the consensus#1

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Lol at the Lamar Jackson led Ravens being ahead of the Bills.

My magazine (Lindy's pro football) has Baltimore rated rather high as well. It hard to see it if all you have watched of Baltimore is Bills games.....

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's just where they are in their development as players 

Rousseau has the physical tools but his game is lacking the refinement of Chase young 

Rousseau is going to have to develop a bevy of pass rush moves AND counters at an NFL level 

Chase Young had a crazy nuanced pass rush game coming out. A legitimate gameplan of attack... He can bend and dip , he can attack inside ... Spin inside and out.. swim ..he has power..  he has a counter to the offensive lineman's counter.. which is impressive 

That's why he was the consensus#1

Well, I think Groot is the guy who we're  all waiting to see this summer. I hope he shows at least some first round athleticism.... A lot would be awfully exciting..... How old is Groot? I think he's just a baby, right? Not as young as Tremaine when he first came out but young right?

The Bills went after big and tall Trent Murphy but he didn't do much as a Bill.....They have their second big and long piece of clay to work with. Hopefully, Tremaine, Ed O, AJ, Boogie And Groot have us drooling to see the Bills next season. Maybe we even keep our special teamer, DE That is still young Somehow. Maybe something clicks for him this year?

Then maybe, after losing Jerry, Addison and Star from the books we can afford an impact player to join the, And we go on to win a SB with both O and D!

(not really sure about our STs....we invest a ton but only get so much it seems....IDK? I would guess we're in the top ten....)

27 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Well, I think Groot is the guy who we're  all waiting to see this summer. I hope he shows at least some first round athleticism.... A lot would be awfully exciting..... How old is Groot? I think he's just a baby, right? Not as young as Tremaine when he first came out but young right?

The Bills went after big and tall Trent Murphy but he didn't do much as a Bill.....They have their second big and long piece of clay to work with. Hopefully, Tremaine, Ed O, AJ, Boogie And Groot have us drooling to see the Bills next season. Maybe we even keep our special teamer, DE That is still young Somehow. Maybe something clicks for him this year?

Then maybe, after losing Jerry, Addison and Star from the books we can afford an impact player to join the, And we go on to win a SB with both O and D!

(not really sure about our STs....we invest a ton but only get so much it seems....IDK? I would guess we're in the top ten....)

Who is Groot ???

• Like (+1) 1

Let me ask you all a question, who has a better defense, the Bills or the ravens?

Lindy's Pro Football has them up by a two point margin.

plus better STs, better OL and better RBs....

I think over the course of last season, Baltimore clearly had the better D but in the playoffs, if you had to pick a winner, it was Buffalo.

Lindy's only gives our secondary a 7.5 (out of ten) whereas Baltimore gets a 8.5. Baltimore gets a full point more at DL as well.

It is my great hope and desire that we get a better grade at OL and DL next year. RB as well.

We won't get a better OL grade until we can create a hole on a clear running play like a third and one... not all the time but once in a while at least..... We have the threat of Allen keeping and still can't open a hole and hence the low grade even though we were superb at pass-blocking.

We all know DL has to get better at run and pass. Everyone but Jerry And this is Jerry's last hurrah....so we have tons of room to improve here. We did NOT notice an increase in play due to our new coach there.

I hope Devin Singletary can establish himself as a legit NFL RB this year. So we go to a 7.5 there from a 6.5 we have now.

If you're writing a magazine do you ignore regular season or count it when giving out grades.

I think it's weird how bad we get without Milano or Edmunds.....maybe not this year as we brought in some guys....we'll see...

9 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

This constant hope that LJ improves as a passer is akin to the idea that a guy like TT would improve as a passer.  Nice guys, hard workers, tons of physical talent, but...just not passers.  The desire by some of these guys to stay in the pocket is palpable, watching them play, but it just doesn't seem like it'll happen.

Career Stats:

LJ: 68 TD 18 INT 7085 yards, 64.0% comp, Passer rating of 102.6

JA: 67 TD 31 INT 9707 Yards, 61.8% comp, passer rating of 90.4

So what part of Lamar Jackson's game and stats makes him not a passer?  JA has 2700 more yards but that is on 400 more attempts.  

Please enlighten the board with how you have determined LJ is "just not a passer".   

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

I don't agree with Baltimore and Tampa being ahead of us. 

Tampa is getting old and Baltimore has cap issues.  Plus, I'm still not sold on Lamar.

Me too, Virg, about Lamar. I think he’s going to regress or level off.

I could be wrong but I don’t think he’s going to be a dominant force.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

Just a point of reference of their rankings three years ago (the amount of time they're projecting).  Not one in the top five today.  I wouldn't take these rankings too seriously.

1.)  Eagles (now 30th)

2.)  Patriots (8th)

3.)  Saints (12th)

4.)  Vikings (19th)

5.)  Steelers (17th

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Doc, well said as these rankings means little to me.  LJ is basically at his ceiling. Brady will be retired in two years.

Honestly, I really don’t care.  Just

something to pass time.

What makes more sense is KC, us, Indy if Wentz works out, Cleveland, and the Chargers.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

What makes more sense is KC, us, Indy if Wentz works out, Cleveland, and the Chargers

He won’t.  Fear not.  Cleveland has righted the ship but Baker isn’t in the same class as Mahomes and Allen.  I think the Chargers made a really good hire in Staley, and if Herbert builds upon his rookie season the Bolts will be a problem for KC.

The Baltimore love is entirely based upon Harbaugh and their front office history; they’re just an incredibly solid organization.  That said, the decision to hitch their wagon to Lamar Jackson and a run-centric offense in this day and age will come back to bite them in the ass.  They can’t walk away from Lamar now.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Career Stats:

LJ: 68 TD 18 INT 7085 yards, 64.0% comp, Passer rating of 102.6

JA: 67 TD 31 INT 9707 Yards, 61.8% comp, passer rating of 90.4

So what part of Lamar Jackson's game and stats makes him not a passer?  JA has 2700 more yards but that is on 400 more attempts.  

Please enlighten the board with how you have determined LJ is "just not a passer".   

Probably because he doesn't throw well outside the numbers.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-lamar-jackson-passing-outside-receivers-20210511-7fm2ibn7qrgrxbh6coox7b6pni-story.html

Still, it was as if their field had shrunk on offense. At his end-of-season news conference in January, general manager Eric DeCosta said the Ravens “don’t want to be a team that’s forced to do anything.” In their passing game, limitations had become apparent. A throw over the middle was typically a good throw. Move the target to the sideline, however, and the results would suffer. The Ravens couldn’t put the ball where they wanted to, and defenses adjusted.

According to Sports Info Solutions, on throws outside the numbers, his accuracy dipped from 64.7% to 59.7%, his interception rate more than doubled (to 3%), and his passer rating fell from 101.7 to 85.3. (The San Francisco 49ers’ Nick Mullens, by comparison, finished 27th in overall passer rating last season, at 84.1.)

But that accounts for only so much of Jackson’s troubles with his outside passing. On drop-backs without pressure, among qualifying quarterbacks, only Dwayne Haskins Jr. had a lower passer rating than Jackson (78.1) last season on throws outside the numbers, according to SIS. Jackson finished with four touchdowns, four interceptions and a 64.8% completion rate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

KC, Tampa, Baltimore 

Edit: It’s funny that some of you are giving me the thumbs down emoji or rolling your eyes at my post. This is not my opinion. It’s what the article states. I’d put us at #2 personally

Don’t take it so personally sir I am quite sure they are doing this because of the rankings and not because of you

Well sourced Royale.  You need only you’re eyes if you’re watching Ravens games to see he just can’t do it in terms of outside the hash and deep.  

They were #1 in rushing and 32nd in passing.  Not 15th, 17th, 32nd.  LJ is an interesting guy and Very talented, but limited.  Opposing teams that have the talent clog up his clean areas and remember the KC game.  They embarrassed Baltimore early in the season.

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

4. Buffalo Bills

Overall score: 85.6

CATEGORY SCORE NFL

RANK

Overall roster (minus QB) 85.0 6

Quarterback 90.0 3

Coaching 87.3 7

Draft 76.0 14

Front office 88.3 3

So basically they are attacking our draft because it wasn’t exciting enough all we did was draft boring but needed lineman

17 hours ago, eball said:

If there is a flaw in these rankings I see it in how the Bills' are ranked in coaching and the draft.  7th best coached team...really?  They not only have very good coaching, they also have continuity.  I can't name 6 teams with better coaching.  I get them putting the Pats*** at #1 for Belichick but after that...

Agree.  No way we are No 7.  In fact, I put us at 2 behind Reid.  BB without an elite QB is top 10, not top 5. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

So basically they are attacking our draft because it wasn’t exciting enough all we did was draft boring but needed lineman

boring drafts make good teams, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1