Hard Knocks 2021: Dallas Cowboys

This has been one of the worst seasons of HK ever. Each episode is legitimately boring and tough to get through. There are no interesting story lines, exciting personalities or underdogs to root for. 

One of the main reasons I watch the show every year is to get a peak into the behind the scenes stuff. There’s hardly any coaches meetings, guys getting coached up on the field or in the meeting rooms. It’s just all so bland. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/21/2021 at 6:03 PM, mattynh said:

Other than that my impression of Mike McCarthy is not very good.  He says things that a head coach should say I guess but it does not come across as sincere.  He appears to be faking it and kind of just going through the motions.  Glad he is not the coach of the Bills.

Agreed on the McCarthy observations. I think part of it is him being an "outsider" to the Cowboys and not truly a part of the team. Jerry usually likes to hire former Cowboys players as coaches, who are already part of the organization and the unique (weird?) culture there. But yeah, most of what McCarthy says, any of us could come up with by just using what we know of coach-speak. I dont see a real connection to the players, and especially his QB, like we have in Buffalo with McD and the boys.

17 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This has been one of the worst seasons of HK ever. Each episode is legitimately boring and tough to get through. There are no interesting story lines, exciting personalities or underdogs to root for. 

One of the main reasons I watch the show every year is to get a peak into the behind the scenes stuff. There’s hardly any coaches meetings, guys getting coached up on the field or in the meeting rooms. It’s just all so bland. 

This is worse than last year.  And that’s saying a lot given Covid really hampered the Chargers/Rams storyline.

Not sure what it is.  Is it the Cowboys or different production/writing team?

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

So far Stef's nephew has been the best part of the show

That kid is pretty adorable

8 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

This is worse than last year.  And that’s saying a lot given Covid really hampered the Chargers/Rams storyline.

Not sure what it is.  Is it the Cowboys or different production/writing team?

I feel like there’s so much that teams don’t want to reveal these days, there’s not much to show. Jerry’s helicopter flight was just an ego trip. They also seem to be struggling to show the players as real people, which is probably hard given the culture of the Cowboys. That’s why a 4-year old has been the most likable character so far. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2021 at 7:34 AM, Bangarang said:

I usually only watch for the fringe roster guys battle and underdogs like you said. It’s been terrible. 

Agreed.  Probably one of most boring and useless HK ever.  However, I will say that I did enjoy the RB that they were all ribbing about the 1 and 1 thing with his contact lens.  LOL.  Dude, totally made up his own phrase for something that nobody had any idea what he was talking about it.  I thought that was pretty hilarious.

McCarthy looks like a total douche.  As big of a diva that Aaron Rogers seems to be, maybe he had a point about McCarthy.

37 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The most interesting thing so far are the international prospects talking about how they go a shot in the NFL.

Dak and Zeke are dull as hell, and Jerry looks like he's about to keel over.

Is it me, or does Zeke seem like an extra dim bulb?

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

So far Stef's nephew has been the best part of the show

That, and DiNuccis' (sp?) reactions' to his interceptions!  For some reason, I honest to god laughed out loud when he tossed it up, under pressure...gets slammed to the ground, looks down field to see the pick-six he just threw and says "Really?"  :)  That was good stuff!

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

WOW. 😲

Say what you want about Jerruh but that is a beautiful facility and that was an amazing video (drone?).

Yeah, the Cowboys have nice things and it's no wonder the Pegulas brought in Jerry's people for the stadium development. I imagine they'll add more onto the practice facilities, too.

Just don't coddle these players too much...