Hard Knocks 2021: Dallas Cowboys

6 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I’m not overly impressed with Hard Knocks this year. The story lines are less impressive and ‘characters’ are less compelling to me. 

NOTE: I haven’t read this thread so not sure if this has been discussed. 

I agree that it’s not as good as in the past.  Even last year with the double LA teams and how they handled COVID was more interesting.

I also noticed the drama of the player cuts was missing but maybe they’re waiting for the last cutdown.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t watched a single episode, but just read somewhere that Dak can’t feel his toes. Dallas should’ve waited for him to return to the field and play at a high level before dishing out all that coin. Sucks to say, but it’s a business, the injury’s mental toll could change Dak as a player.

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I still say that the owner of the Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones gets way too much FaceTime in this HBO series I mean him sitting there while they are making player a valuations like he’s a coach and giving his input I’m trying to picture of the pegulas Doing this just because it’s their team

Lol I hope you’re not being serious here. There is NO comparison between Terry Pegula and Jerry Jones considering Jerry Jones IS the general manager of the Cowboys.  I’d say it’s definitely within his job description to be sitting in on meetings evaluating players and deciding which players stay and go. 

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

Lol I hope you’re not being serious here. There is NO comparison between Terry Pegula and Jerry Jones considering Jerry Jones IS the general manager of the Cowboys.  I’d say it’s definitely within his job description to be sitting in on meetings evaluating players and deciding which players stay and go. 

Yes and that’s why the Cowboys suck because a non-football guy is making football decisions

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

That is correct.  I’m sure he is getting an agent. 

I hope he advises him on etiquette while clubbing.  Keeping clear of rappers' hotties is lesson #1.

21 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Haven’t watched a single episode, but just read somewhere that Dak can’t feel his toes.

Geez, a pro QB should be limber enough to touch his toes.  Maybe he tries some of Brady and Guerrero's concoctions?  🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

14 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Just watching the last episode - did they just cut like all the practice squad players at the same time?  I've always seen where it seems like they meet and tell each player individually.  Seems F'd up.

Yea never seen that on any of the other series. They sent Will McClay who is their top non-family member personnel in to tell them all at once. Felt very impersonal to me. 

13 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Haven’t watched a single episode, but just read somewhere that Dak can’t feel his toes. Dallas should’ve waited for him to return to the field and play at a high level before dishing out all that coin. Sucks to say, but it’s a business, the injury’s mental toll could change Dak as a player.

Or not…

17 hours ago, QCity said:

So the clear star of this season was Stefon Diggs' nephew.

He was not only the star of the show, he's one of the best characters we have seen to date on the entire series.

What a cute little kid! 

I couldn't get into this season at all, but for the Little Diggster.  

I hate the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones and the whole thing was sort of made to be an homage to their greatness, which made me vomit in my mouth, just a little.