Hard Knocks 2021: Dallas Cowboys

10 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Dak and McCarthy interactions are so cringy.  Never good when QB and HC don’t have a good relationship.

I can't tell how much is their relationship and how much is just Dak being ultra competitive and having some big feelings around coming back (and having to sit / wait to ease back in both before and after the strain.)

Edited by Captain Caveman

16 hours ago, bills6969 said:

thoughts so far:

Dak and McCarthy interactions are so cringy.  Never good when QB and HC don’t have a good relationship.

Zeke lookin real lean

He didn't eat much last year.  Under 1,000 yards.

8 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I almost always enjoy it - usually a lot of drama around players on the bubble which makes it entertaining.

Honestly, in the first ten minutes they have Ezekiel trying to wrap a gift (for the first time in his life) and I would maybe watch a show that was just that.

Hard Knocks is great for informing my terrible "Sleeper" picks in fantasy football and hot takes about free agent signings after the next Devon Cajuste gets endlessly hyped and then cut.

On 7/5/2021 at 11:30 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Browns with Hue Jackson, Todd Haley, gregggg  etc a few years ago was a hilarious train wreck 

Indeed, Hue showed what a horrible leader he was that season. I'm just glad we didn't name him HC as remember being in his corner with Schwartz as DC back in the day. 

One thing I noticed that was different this year was they usually show the homes of some players with the wives or girlfriends getting ready to go to camp.  This year they never showed the women or the homes.  

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Indeed, Hue showed what a horrible leader he was that season. I'm just glad we didn't name him HC as remember being in his corner with Schwartz as DC back in the day. 

I though he got a raw deal when the Raiders fired him.  Then I watched Hard Knocks & I wondered who would ever hire this guy as a head coach. 

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

One thing I noticed that was different this year was they usually show the homes of some players with the wives or girlfriends getting ready to go to camp.  This year they never showed the women or the homes.  

I though he got a raw deal when the Raiders fired him.  Then I watched Hard Knocks & I wondered who would ever hire this guy as a head coach. 

Same as he got the Raiders to around .500 but after watching him in Cleveland I was like wtf? Haley and WIlliams were the worst coordinators he could pick as both weren't going to follow him especially once he was like "My way is the only way etc". 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Having seen the Jets on Hard Knocks with Rex (which has some classic scenes in it) I couldn't believe we hired him.  Any intelligent person who did his due diligence on Rex would have watched those episodes and would have come away with a "there's no way this guy can lead an NFL team".  I had the same thoughts about Hue after watching the Browns season and about Joe Philbin after watching the Dolphins season.  This show, which has become somewhat trite and boring, does a great job at showing the head coach for what he really is, warts and all.

Just watched the first episode. Genuinely could not imagine being a fan of the Cowboys. Such a soulless, corporate organization. Typically, I’m a big Hard Knocks fan and find something interesting, but this season will be rough if the rest of the way is anything like the first episode. 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Just watched the first episode. Genuinely could not imagine being a fan of the Cowboys. Such a soulless, corporate organization. Typically, I’m a big Hard Knocks fan and find something interesting, but this season will be rough if the rest of the way is anything like the first episode. 

I had an opposite reaction. I couldn't stop laughing at how big of a flaming ***** show they going on. They are such a joke, I loved it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I enjoy Hard Knocks for the most part. Really like the behind the scenes stuff during the preseason games.  Something last season really missed. 

I also like it when they focus on a few players trying to make the team and watching their performance in the preseason games.   I find myself rooting for them.   I hope this season gets that started soon.   I’m not as interested in watching a 1st round pick’s progress.  You know he is making the team.   Parsons may turn out to be a great LB but he is annoying. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

😬

Dumbest thing I've ever read. I'm sure people just go get MRI's for fun all the time for no reason. Yeah.

"No reason to worry." How would they even know until after the MRI?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Dumbest thing I've ever read. I'm sure people just go get MRI's for fun all the time for no reason. Yeah.

Haha, I thought the same thing, I had a nasty break and it wasn't healing the way it should, and I was told I needed another MRI and I immediately worried. Turns out I needed an additional surgery.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Plus why would the team account tweet that out? Bizarre

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Somewhere in Texas, Jerry Jones is pouring extra salt on his Egg McMuffin. 

• Vomit 1