EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

I don’t think the Pegulas want to move the Bills however I do think that the current stadium and its economics don’t work for them either. I am not sure what the local economic and political environment in Buffalo is like to support a stadium but if the appetite just isn’t there for a deal it might get contentious.

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don’t think the Pegulas want to move the Bills however I do think that the current stadium and its economics don’t work for them either. I am not sure what the local economic and political environment in Buffalo is like to support a stadium but if the appetite just isn’t there for a deal it might get contentious.

The only thing I see getting contentious is the constant need by the public and media to talk about it non-stop until a deal is done.   Everything will be fine, and a deal will get done, but there is little doubt in my mind that there will be fear mongering run rampant.

• Like (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

A deal will get done, there’s an article I posted about the Erie state officials who met with the Pegulas on Monday and was reported that the meeting went well and and that there was progress. The Bills aren’t going anywhere and everyone knows it. It’s ***** instigators like Florio that like to cause ruckus and panic amongst the fans

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

A deal will get done, there’s an article I posted about the Erie state officials who met with the Pegulas on Monday and was reported that the meeting went well and and that there was progress. The Bills aren’t going anywhere and everyone knows it. It’s ***** instigators like Florio that like to cause ruckus and panic amongst the fans

fans do it to themselves also but you are correct

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I haven't heard that the current stadium and its economics don't work for them.  The issue at heart is the stadium is old and needs to be replaced.  And while they don't want to move, they're not going to pay more than 1/4 for a new stadium they won't own and which likely won't bring a significant increase in local revenue over the old one.  The question is: how much savings is it worth to the local and political environment to lose the Pegulas, Bills and Sabres?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

I haven't heard that the current stadium and its economics don't work for them.  The issue at heart is the stadium is old and needs to be replaced.  And while they don't want to move, they're not going to pay more than 1/4 for a new stadium they won't own and which likely won't bring a significant increase in local revenue over the old one.  The question is: how much savings is it worth to the local and political environment to lose the Pegulas, Bills and Sabres?

Except all the county officials and politicians won’t let them leave. Not one politician who’s up for re-election wants the bills or Sabres relocating on their watch. Especially Hochoul, plus it would cost Terry more money to relocate both teams. Every taxpayer in Buffalo and the NY county knows they will be ponying up a pretty penny for this new stadium. But also The Pegulas will be paying a good portion as well. Like It was reported before, it’s going to be a public/private funded project.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Except all the county officials and politicians won’t let them leave. Not one politician who’s up for re-election wants the bills or Sabres relocating on their watch. Especially Hochoul, plus it would cost Terry more money to relocate both teams. Every taxpayer in Buffalo and the NY county knows they will be ponying up a pretty penny for this new stadium. But also The Pegulas will be paying a good portion as well. Like It was reported before, it’s going to be a public/private funded project.

Yeah, I can't see them letting them leave either, re-election or not.  It would devastate the city.

Driving home I was listening to Chris Russo on Mad Dog Radio, and he said Goodell told him the Bills are staying in Buffalo.   

Sounds like Roger isn’t even attempting to equivocate on this.  Hopefully they just get it done sooner rather than later to save us all the unnecessary headache.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Driving home I was listening to Chris Russo on Mad Dog Radio, and he said Goodell told him the Bills are staying in Buffalo.   

Sounds like Roger isn’t even attempting to equivocate on this.  Hopefully they just get it done sooner rather than later to save us all the unnecessary headache.  

Sounds like our headache is over. Team isnt going anywhere, confirmed over and over. Nothing left for us to worry about.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Ignoring the sensationalized PFT articles, this will all come down to how many hundreds of millions the Pegulas are asking for. 

I'd assume it is $750M+ on a ~$1B+ Stadium to go in line with Indianapolis and Las Vegas public funding. 

It's still a scam, and labeling it as a "public/private partnership" is a farse, but I don't expect NY officials and taxpayers to tell a billionaire to take a lap. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, TEC said:

Ignoring the sensationalized PFT articles, this will all come down to how many hundreds of millions the Pegulas are asking for. 

I'd assume it is $750M+ on a ~$1B+ Stadium to go in line with Indianapolis and Las Vegas public funding. 

It's still a scam, and labeling it as a "public/private partnership" is a farse, but I don't expect NY officials and taxpayers to tell a billionaire to take a lap. 

I think its almost done.  The hit pieces are coming out from people upset about how much its going to cost imo.  

• Like (+1) 1

60,000 Seat Stadium per AP exclusive

Some Highlights:

"The new venue would not include a roof, but it would be designed so that a majority of the seats would be protected from the elements, the person said."

"The team initially considered a larger stadium with a price-tag of $1.6 billion before making a decision to shrink the project, the person said."

"As part of a PSE-funded study launched in 2018, the team conducted an extensive analysis focusing on three potential stadium sites in and around Buffalo before opting to propose building the facility on a team-controlled parking lot across the street from its current home."

"The two other locations considered were on the University at Buffalo campus north of the city, and a downtown site on the land where the abandoned Perry Projects sit empty. The projected cost of a downtown stadium came to $1.9 billion, not including necessary infrastructure upgrades, the person said."

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

60K would make it the lowest capacity in the league.  Sounds like a bad idea.

That is a perfect number for an outdoor stadium.  Add in the 60 suites as well

Would just be about 1500 less than Soldier Field, 3400 less than AZ.

That is a fine number 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

60,000 Seat Stadium per AP exclusive

Some Highlights:

"The new venue would not include a roof, but it would be designed so that a majority of the seats would be protected from the elements, the person said."

"The team initially considered a larger stadium with a price-tag of $1.6 billion before making a decision to shrink the project, the person said."

"As part of a PSE-funded study launched in 2018, the team conducted an extensive analysis focusing on three potential stadium sites in and around Buffalo before opting to propose building the facility on a team-controlled parking lot across the street from its current home."

"The two other locations considered were on the University at Buffalo campus north of the city, and a downtown site on the land where the abandoned Perry Projects sit empty. The projected cost of a downtown stadium came to $1.9 billion, not including necessary infrastructure upgrades, the person said."

I don't like there being 12k less fans.  Losing that noise sounds like a bad idea.

• Thank you (+1) 1