The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t follow the Lenny Bruce reference.  I don’t know much about the man. 

I’m sorry to hear about the cinema experience, but rules are rules.  You’re stronger for it.  ✊🏻

watch Mrs Maisel.  He's a featured character and it's a beautifully written show.  The heroine is beautiful with very cool clothes.

18 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

watch Mrs Maisel.  He's a featured character and it's a beautifully written show.  The heroine is beautiful with very cool clothes.

Finally, some good advice from Hawk.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Finally, some good advice from Hawk.

You two fashionistas should get a room where you can discuss costumer design on Ms. Maisel.  

• Haha (+1) 1

The appalling media campaign to bow to government censors

by Jonathan Turley

As a long-standing free speech advocate, the last few years have been alarming and, frankly, depressing.

The censorship efforts of the government are, unfortunately, not new. However, what is new is the support of the media and the Democratic Party in such censorship.

That was on display on various channels after the recent opinion finding that the Biden administration had violated the First Amendment in "the most massive attack against free speech in United States history." However, the New York Times immediately warned that the outbreak of free speech could "curtail efforts to combat disinformation."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/appalling-media-campaign-bow-government-censors

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

But that's Trump.

Everything,  EVERYTHING he does is bad.

No matter how much the deranged left has to stretch the limits of blatant hypocrisy in order to make it so.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/5/2023 at 11:33 AM, B-Man said:

No more government censorship !

Biden officials lose court fight to reverse ban on Big Tech contact

by Kaelan Deese

A federal judge in Louisiana rejected a request from the government to delay an order he imposed on Independence Day that banned federal agencies from communicating with social media companies. The Justice Department will likely ask the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to intervene in the case after U.S. District Court Judge Terry Doughty on Monday refused to pause his July 4 nationwide injunction that significantly limits how Biden administration officials can communicate with social media companies, according to a single-page filing.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/judge-wont-reverse-block-on-biden-admin-contacting-big-tech

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Gregg said:

And they made a big deal about Michelle Obama touching the Queen when she initiated the contact.

These silly rules are rules for The Queen/King's subjects, not for us! I think we may have fought a war over who should be considered British subjects ...

... the Fake Indignation Machine will not be stopped!

Business Insider lied about DeSantis.  

Had to correct their lie.  

Then 3 days after the correction, WaPo again runs with the original lie. 

Enemy. Of. The. People. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Much of the mainstream media remains in lockstep, parroting everything Biden would like us to believe:

He's fully compos mentis. The border is secure. Kamala Harris is doing a 'great job'. Our withdrawal from Afghanistan was a complete success. Title IX shouldn't be just for women and women are totally fine with that.

And if they're not, they should be, because no president has ever been more in favor of diversity, equity and inclusion.

In fact, these should be among the top criteria for hiring at NASA and the United States military.

There's more, per Biden: The economy's doing great, even as average Americans struggle to fill their tanks. As 401(k)s lost around 23 per cent in 2022. As the country is further divided by woke-ism, virtue-signaling and orthodoxy of thought.

And believe him when he says that no one understands the importance of family more.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12299565/CALLAHAN-White-House-Bin-Laden-Pakistan-not-cocaine-culprit-nose.html

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I only mention this because I actually SAW THIS ON TV when getting ready for work this morning:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/irs-whistleblower-says-he-felt-handcuffed-during-hunter-biden-investigation/

On CBS. How much more mainstream can you get?

Cue up the Fake Outrage Machine. There it is, an interview with the IRS whistleblower right in front of me on network news!

On 7/15/2023 at 7:51 AM, SCBills said:

Business Insider lied about DeSantis.  

Had to correct their lie.  

Then 3 days after the correction, WaPo again runs with the original lie. 

Enemy. Of. The. People. 

On his face, I think that that would not be true. There are a lot of right wingers that are moving to Florida because they love the policies. They still have nowhere close to the population of California, which in essence is it’s own country.

Perfect analogy by Greenwald in last tweet.

As I've said, journalists becoming the leading agitators for state censorship is like cardiologists leading a campaign for more smoking.

Tell us @redtail hawk do you advise your heart disease patients to load up on more saturated fat?

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I don't know if Lancet is considered a reliable source but this is pathetic. This kind of dishonesty is why people don't trust "experts" anymore, they leave out all of the real info to make a point.

I just scanned the study.  This figure is deep in the results section and the axis is clearly labelled.  Anyone reading the findings on page 1 of the study would know that 10X more people died from cold than heat.  And I doubt anyone with a science background skipped page 1 to go right to this figure

Findings

"Across the 854 urban areas in Europe, we estimated an annual excess of 203 620 (empirical 95% CI 180 882–224 613) deaths attributed to cold and 20 173 (17 261–22 934) attributed to heat. These corresponded to age-standardised rates of 129 (empirical 95% CI 114–142) and 13 (11–14) deaths per 100 000 person-years. Results differed across Europe and age groups, with the highest effects in eastern European cities for both cold and heat."

You cons try so hard and fail.  It's pathetic.  You don't trust experts because you don't like what they have to say.

Do you really believe climate change is not a threat?  in Fla?  any idea what the temp of your dashboard would be today if you parked your car in the sun for 4 hours?

On 7/21/2023 at 7:31 PM, John from Riverside said:

On his face, I think that that would not be true. There are a lot of right wingers that are moving to Florida because they love the policies. They still have nowhere close to the population of California, which in essence is its own country.

Virtually every day you post something that makes me wonder….what the f$@k? You do realize that California is literally THREE TIMES the land mass of Florida right? Please say yes. Please. 

30 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I just scanned the study.  This figure is deep in the results section and the axis is clearly labelled.  Anyone reading the findings on page 1 of the study would know that 10X more people died from cold than heat.  And I doubt anyone with a science background skipped page 1 to go right to this figure

Findings

"Across the 854 urban areas in Europe, we estimated an annual excess of 203 620 (empirical 95% CI 180 882–224 613) deaths attributed to cold and 20 173 (17 261–22 934) attributed to heat. These corresponded to age-standardised rates of 129 (empirical 95% CI 114–142) and 13 (11–14) deaths per 100 000 person-years. Results differed across Europe and age groups, with the highest effects in eastern European cities for both cold and heat."

You cons try so hard and fail.  It's pathetic.  You don't trust experts because you don't like what they have to say.

Do you really believe climate change is not a threat?  in Fla?  any idea what the temp of your dashboard would be today if you parked your car in the sun for 4 hours?

Yes my car was 94 degrees when I got back into at noon. As for the study if my students made a table with two separate scales when comparing the same concept I would make them redo it properly. But in this case the person creating the table did it with intention. So please tell me what an innocent intention could be for changing the scale on each side?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/21/2023 at 10:31 PM, John from Riverside said:

On his face, I think that that would not be true. There are a lot of right wingers that are moving to Florida because they love the policies. They still have nowhere close to the population of California, which in essence is it’s own country.

The article lied and said that people were leaving Florida as fast as they were coming which is not just untrue, but stupid. My "neighborhood" of which I was one of the first 50 in 2003 is going to hit 50k in a few months. The comparison you are making is basically stating that their lie is ok since this unrelated statement is correct.

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Yes my car was 94 degrees when I got back into at noon. As for the study if my students made a table with two separate scales when comparing the same concept I would make them redo it properly. But in this case the person creating the table did it with intention. So please tell me what an innocent intention could be for changing the scale on each side?

to highlight the differences among various countries.  Some people are actually worried about climate change and want to know how many people are dying from extreme heat and where.  It might be important to know.  The conclusion of the study was clearly stated at the beginning in the abstract.  Everyone with any experience reading journals reads the abstract first - to see if it's worth your time.  I doubt any of your students have written a 20+ page paper with a bibliography and citations throughout.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I would agree with that…but where’s the same callout for Fox News having Kayleigh McEnany and Dana Perrino as very integral parts of their news coverage? 

Agree, they should be taken with the same huge grain of salt. 

The massive difference between Fox and the liberal media is you don't really see any former IC community contributors spewing propaganda on Fox.

Brennan, Clapper, Fusion Ken Dilanian, Frank Figiuluzzi are comically awful leftist shills.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

to highlight the differences among various countries.  Some people are actually worried about climate change and want to know how many people are dying from extreme heat and where.  It might be important to know.  The conclusion of the study was clearly stated at the beginning in the abstract.  Everyone with any experience reading journals reads the abstract first - to see if it's worth your time.  I doubt any of your students have written a 20+ page paper with a bibliography and citations throughout.

The reason to change the scale on each graph to highlight the differences between the countries? That is unrelated to the scale but you did give me a reason.

• Thank you (+1) 1